Jun 30, 2019, 06:29 AM
Speed Demon
That is a nice Mini!

I look at this pic and see all of the room under that hood. It begs for a big tranverse mounted V8 like out of a Cadillac or a Lincoln!
to remove ads between posts
Jun 30, 2019, 11:25 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
That would be one heck of a weight distribution to goad around the corners

I don't have a recent picture of it, but today I took the roof rack off my little Sentra coupe (B14 200SX) for the first time in five years of owning it (the mounts lock; previous owner lost the keys). Here it is right after I bought it; these days it sits about 4" lower.

The parasitic loss was always obvious from the wind noise, but maaaan, I had no idea I was wasting so much usable power, or that the rack drag was directly affecting the car's lateral handling. It's a huge improvement. Go faster, burn less gas.

It turns out you can bend the locked plastic covers enough to reach the retaining bolts, so I can keep the bars in my trunk and reattach them in two minutes if I need it. It's a 100% win
Latest blog entry: Jeti ESC resto-mod
Jul 31, 2019, 02:56 PM
I think I go fly
Thread OP

37 pierce arrow

My uncle built this at his body shop in countryside...

He then drove the car accross the eastern seaboard.

Nice job Walter
Jul 31, 2019, 03:57 PM
Admin Deluxe
Going out in the 66...
Aug 13, 2019, 07:08 AM
Real Time Recon
Here is my baby.1965 Factory Five MK 3 Cobra
302/345 hp. 2,200 pounds of shear terror.Bought it almost 4 years ago and loving it !
Last edited by realtimerecon; Aug 13, 2019 at 07:48 AM.
Aug 13, 2019, 08:00 AM
Those will never go out. I'd love one of the repros from S. Africa with a modern drivetrain from a new Shelby. It'd tear the pavement off the ground.
Aug 13, 2019, 06:47 PM
BANDITRCN28
Here are two of my rides.
Aug 13, 2019, 07:05 PM
I think I go fly
Thread OP

My 61

Work in progress slowly...
Aug 13, 2019, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrobus
Air cooled love.
Aug 17, 2019, 09:47 AM
Real Time Recon
Cooling off
Aug 17, 2019, 10:10 AM

71 super beetle

Just finished my 71 super, complete restoration,
2332cc w/Garrett turbo, 311 hp.
Fun car for eating all kids of stuff on the road today, hondas, mustangs, ext, you have know idea how many times I get flipped off in one day, amazing how many pissed off people just go out and my a 30/40 or even 50 k on there car and get beat by a VW bug, I love it,
Hahahahaha sore losers. I just smile and drive away
Aug 17, 2019, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrobus

Love it great job
Aug 17, 2019, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.4ghz
Just finished my 71 super, complete restoration,
2332cc w/Garrett turbo, 311 hp.
Fun car for eating all kids of stuff on the road today, hondas, mustangs, ext, you have know idea how many times I get flipped off in one day, amazing how many pissed off people just go out and my a 30/40 or even 50 k on there car and get beat by a VW bug, I love it,
Hahahahaha sore losers. I just smile and drive away
Love these type of restomods. Beautiful VW you have there.
Aug 17, 2019, 05:58 PM
I'd rather be flying!

Porkys last stand

Old videos of mine. Bittersweet, for sure. Here's what I wrote about the occasion:

A Minneapolis-St. Paul icon, Porky's Drive-In on University Avenue in St. Paul MN, closed its doors on April 3, 2011. Sadly, after a 58-year history, the popular hangout for hot-rodders & car buffs is no more. Light rail construction is forever changing the face of University Avenue and the owner felt that it would no longer be possible to stay in business. For decades, the 'University Avenue cruise' has been considered one of the top Friday/Saturday night cruises in the US for auto enthusiasts, and Porky's was the destination. On most any weekend evening from April through September, one could find University Avenue filled with hot-rods for blocks, and by 8-9 PM, there was usually a waiting line just to park in Porky's lot.

From Friday through Sunday, thousands of people came to have their last meal at the drive-in - many driving from other towns. Hundreds of hot-rodders took their cars out of storage early for the occasion, and many paid their last respects by doing burnouts right on the street in front of the restaurant.

From Friday evening through Sunday evening, burnouts had the right-of-way on University Avenue! No traffic could pass without waiting for cars doing burnouts - in both lanes. Traffic was directed by fellow hot-rodders! In all my years of hot-rodding, I had never seen anything like this happen on a public street that wasn't officially blocked off - until now.

This was a unique celebration of the end of a 58-year tradition. To their credit, the local police did not intervene. A fitting end for an old, familiar friend. Farewell Porky's. You will be missed. The sound of 100,000 horsepower slowly fades into memory. A whisper of the past....echoing forever down the rails....

Enjoy some clips of a rare event!

Porky's MN - Final Sat night burnouts - Part 1 (20 min 45 sec)

Porky's MN - Final Sat night burnouts - Part 2 (23 min 31 sec)

Porky's MN - Final Sat night burnouts - Part 3 (23 min 34 sec)

Joel
Latest blog entry: E-flite 850mm Pitts
Aug 17, 2019, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight
Love these type of restomods. Beautiful VW you have there.
Thank you :
Real experience, and I have been building cars for 40 years, this little Hilters revenge, kicked my ass. I was once told , forget everything you know about cars, everything about electrical, you are now working on a Volkswagen.

Quick Reply