Aug 25, 2018, 08:27 PM
Boost rules!
Yeah, very cool!

The H2 was the quickest-accelerating street-legal stock bike you could buy in the US back when it came out!

Joel
to remove ads between posts
Aug 26, 2018, 12:52 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Last edited by Piece; Apr 30, 2021 at 04:18 AM.
Sep 27, 2018, 12:57 PM
I think I go fly
Thread OP

Sweet ride

I love funny random stickers
Sep 27, 2018, 01:07 PM
That's so cool.

There's such a distinctive look to an old VW, like they got pulled straight out of a cartoon. Ain't a whole lot of them left, but the ones that remain will probably live exponentially longer as enthusiasts like yourself keep them going.

Somewhat related, I saw a flawless 70s Nissan 240Z at a gas station yesterday. It's related 'cause it had the same color paint as that bus
Latest blog entry: Park pattern/pylon perfection!
Oct 28, 2018, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piece View Post
This car has become a surprisingly practical daily driver. One of the stretched tires came off the big chrome rim, so I found these steelies wrapped in Blizzaks for a scant $100 on Craigslist and I've been thrashing them all summer

It gets a crazy amount of love and attention from random passersby. The 240SX is always popular with tuners and ricers, but ever since I added the funny/random stickers I've been getting comments and thumbs-ups from old people, little kids, middle-aged women....even cops.

There's still a 5.3-liter V8 sitting in the garage that I pulled specifically to put in it, but I'm not sure if I want to spend $10,000 sticking 450 horses into a 23-year-old car that has structural rust, body damage, and a super reliable, great-running stock engine.

I bought Blizzaks at 4wheelonline last year. I used them last winter and I can say that they did a good job. Never thought of using them in the summer. How's their grip and noise in the heat of the summer?
Oct 29, 2018, 05:34 AM
Last edited by Piece; Apr 30, 2021 at 04:18 AM.
Mar 20, 2019, 03:09 AM
I think I go fly
Thread OP

Get a Coffe in ponorogo

Found this today on the way to the supermarket.

Sweet!
Mar 20, 2019, 03:19 AM
Kept it clean.
Mar 20, 2019, 03:45 AM
I think I go fly
Thread OP

Run it like you stole it

Get dirty
Mar 20, 2019, 03:58 AM
I think I go fly
Thread OP

Couple more shots lol

Very good coffee!

In my circle rhis is a very hot ride.
Apr 29, 2019, 09:36 PM
2014 GT Track Pack, 6 speed and Recaro's. 6,100 miles.

1971 Mach 1. Top loader 4 speed currently with a 302. Planning to put a 351 Cleveland I have in it.
Apr 29, 2019, 10:02 PM
Boost rules!
Very nice Mustangs!

Here's my '87 GN. All-original, unrestored, numbers-matching car with nearly 200,000 miles on the clock. She has been slightly tweaked, though :

Stock 3.8L Buick V6 w/LT-1 valve springs, double-roller timing chain & gears. Walbro 340 pump, 42 lb. injectors, Red Armstrong chip. 3" intake, TA49 turbo, stock intercooler w/Duttweiler neck, water-injection, 3" d/p, 3" cat, dual 2 1/2" mandrel-bent exhaust, ATR Pit-Bulls. Trans rebuilt by Art Carr, 3000 RPM stall converter, HD forged Eaton posi w/Redline clutch-pack, Richmond 3.42:1 gears, Moser 31-spline forged axles. PST polygraphite bushing kit front & rear, GNX body bushings, GNX frame & body braces, Eibach springs, Bilstien shocks.

She currently pulls ~425 HP & nearly 550 lb-ft of torque at the rear wheels @ 22 pounds of boost w/water-injection engaged. Still gets ~24 MPG on the highway with the A/C on:

MGNTA Turbo Regals cruising in "formation" (4 min 55 sec)

Joel
Last edited by turboparker; Apr 29, 2019 at 10:20 PM.
Apr 30, 2019, 02:22 PM
Turbo Parker, Iīve already praised your car for the good taste in modifications and on the effort you put on keeping it that beatiful throughout the years, but haveenīt noticed the license plate. Thatīs a nice one!
Apr 30, 2019, 02:55 PM

Cop car!

After a rough 2018 when I had to carry people around in my Fiat 500 (which I never intended to but my job decided otherwise....), I decided to sell it, use part of the money to invest in real state and with the change I bought a 2012 Chevrolet Vectra (I think in US General Motors sold the hatch version as some Saturn). Since it is a inexpensive, spacious and reliable car, I bought this one, nice and with low mileage, to be my daily driver for at least this year. One interesting thing about this model is that this specific version has been used since 2006 as a highway police cruiser because of its toughness, nice road manners and ease of maintenance. Mine was bought new by a retired highway officer (you donīt say) and he had driven and pampered it for about 40k miles. The car had all the county specs ticked when he bought it (heavy duty bushings, suspension, larger alternator, more robust HVAC system with manual commands - less prone to breakage, 180 hp ethanol engine and heavy duty gearbox, 15 inch steelies with fat tall tires along with more sound deadening stuff and more comfortable seats) and even smelled new when I bought it. When I bought it I changed the steelies for a set of OEM 17 inchers and put some sticky Pirellis in it. It is incredible how quiet the car is on the traffic and how nice it is to drive on the highway. Oh, yes, and it is a stickshift!
Last edited by brunobrazil; May 03, 2019 at 02:04 PM.
Apr 30, 2019, 07:06 PM
Boost rules!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunobrazil View Post
Turbo Parker, Iīve already praised your car for the good taste in modifications and on the effort you put on keeping it that beatiful throughout the years, but haveenīt noticed the license plate. Thatīs a nice one!
Thanks! Yeah, I was surprised that it hadn't been taken already!

Joel

Quick Reply