May 08, 2017, 06:11 PM
Boost rules!
Guys,

It's the factory-stock Buick 3.8L V6 with a 3" intake, 3" exhaust, TA49 turbo, larger fuel pump & injectors, along with the standard supporting mods. And that's over 500 pounds of torque and well-over 400 HP AT THE REAR WHEELS - not at the crank. (Factory rated HP was 245 net.) At any rate - it's enough grunt to run 0-60 MPH in 3.8 sec & do high 11s in the quarter on a 'good air day'.

Joel
to remove ads between posts
May 11, 2017, 03:19 PM
Diverted by planks
Just gettin' the groceries...
May 11, 2017, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob
I love the grocerie getter, I got a grocerie getter also.

fun going to the store in this. I am glad the store is real close
May 11, 2017, 04:12 PM
Diverted by planks
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.4ghz
I love the grocerie getter, I got a grocerie getter also.

fun going to the store in this. I am glad the store is real close
Awesome.
May 11, 2017, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Awesome.
fun little hot rod, wild ride, lots of fuel.
May 12, 2017, 02:28 PM
Boost rules!
Quote:
Sweet! What is she? Sorta reminds me of the car I learned to drive in back when I was 11 yrs old - my older sister's '47 Merc. Was a 5-window coupe w/flathead V8 & a 3-on-the-tree, named 'Green Onions'. (Named after the instrumental recorded by Booker T. & The M.G.'s back in 1962, and also because it was extremely green! ) Green Onions - Booker T. & The M.G.'s

Joel
Last edited by turboparker; May 18, 2017 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Typo
May 18, 2017, 12:49 PM
Diverted by planks
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
Sweet! What is she? Sorta reminds me of the car I learned to drive in back when I was 11 yrs old - my older sister's '47 Merc. Was a 5-window coupe w/flathead V8 & a 3-on-the-tree, named 'Green Onions'. (Named after the instrumental recorded by Booker T. & The M.G.'s back in1962, and also because it was extremely green! ) Green Onions - Booker T. & The M.G.'s

Joel
I love Green Onions, used to listen to the American Grafitti soundtrack all the time. Mine is a 1940 all-steel Ford Coupe, on a 70's Chevy frame, Chevy 350/350 combo. Tilt wheel, digital dash, LED tail lights... she is a 'ten footer', but def don't see too many of them around any more.
May 18, 2017, 07:36 PM
Boost rules!
Very cool. Sweet hot-rod!

Joel
Jun 20, 2017, 04:39 PM
I think I go fly
Thread OP

Green onions!

Awesome!

Saw this car riding home from work today.

Enjoy!
Jun 20, 2017, 04:57 PM
Boost rules!
Wow, now there's a paint-job that'll mess with your mind a bit!

Joel
Jul 01, 2017, 03:14 PM
Just finished up a 3" lift and 275/70-17s.
Nov 01, 2017, 04:55 PM

New addition to the garage

Yeah, a nice, clean and completely original Nissan 350z. One of the early ones, with the 287 hp engine. I bought it because it was a very well kept one from the husband of my cousin that owed me some money from a real state negotiation (about US$ 30 grand - yeah they are expensive in here compared to the US). Since I already knew the car, the owner and that it was great to drive I pulled the trigger. It has a six-speed manual and the lightweight wheels and Brembo brakes. And I´m driving it on a semi daily basis because it´s a hell of a fun car ! Has anyone here had one of those? if yes, is there anything that I should know about them?
Nov 01, 2017, 05:27 PM
resU deretsigeR
We had one for a bit, tried a couole different sports cars over the past years....we were not impressed by it. I went back to an ls1 ss camaro....lol but they are nice cars. Im just a horsepower guy, and it missed that mark imho.
Latest blog entry: My TR-260 second flight.
Nov 01, 2017, 06:33 PM
They're surly nimble and have great potential for a tuner...and as a money pit. Although, I beat a lesser one on a twisty road in my lowered Jetta. Driver skill and knowing the cars may have played a factor, too. But I'd like to think different.
Nov 01, 2017, 06:47 PM
resU deretsigeR
The absolutely worse was a subaru brz my wife brought home. Talk about a huge joke, that car is it. Mine as well drive a miata.....haha
Latest blog entry: My TR-260 second flight.

Quick Reply