Jan 23, 2011, 11:35 AM
O <- this a ground loop
thought as much

I guess I won't be able to set it into an autopilot CIRCLE mode, navigate through the menus, google the nearest starbucks and hit the take me there button just yet then.

Ren
to remove ads between posts
Jan 23, 2011, 11:36 AM
FPV flyer
Nope, no Ap then in menu. I hate one thing, then want to adjust something in menu with ailerons stick, i have to bank my airplane much to side.. We will ask Daniel to turn it off. it is easer to exit menu and turn it while setting things in menu...

Virgis
Jan 23, 2011, 11:39 AM
KJ4YYJ

Question on Turnigy 9X 9Ch

I'm thinking of buying the Turnigy 9X 9Ch Transmitter w/ Module & 8ch Receiver (Mode 1) (v2 Firmware);for FPV.

1.How is this Turnigy 9X 9Ch Transmitter working for you.

Thanks for the help..
Jan 23, 2011, 12:30 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneFlorida View Post
I'm thinking of buying the Turnigy 9X 9Ch Transmitter w/ Module & 8ch Receiver (Mode 1) (v2 Firmware);for FPV.

1.How is this Turnigy 9X 9Ch Transmitter working for you.

Thanks for the help..
I just switch it on and it works ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

no, but seriously folks, it works fine. I have a rotary dial for menu and another for stability. ch 7+8 pan and tilt. Of course I can't have ch 9 as it only works in PCM mode, and the radio is connected to a dragon link which needs PPM. I would say that the programming and switch allocation isn't as versatile as some I have used but for the money it's a brilliant way to get more channels in your life. I use a lipo from eBay in it and it rarely needs charging

I'm waiting* for Dragon Labs to make a PPM mixer so I can add 2 ch of pan and tilt plus 2 channel switches to the 8ch of the radio then it would be AWESOME!!!

*could be a long wait
Jan 23, 2011, 01:06 PM
KJ4YYJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash View Post
I just switch it on and it works ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

no, but seriously folks, it works fine. I have a rotary dial for menu and another for stability. ch 7+8 pan and tilt. Of course I can't have ch 9 as it only works in PCM mode, and the radio is connected to a dragon link which needs PPM. I would say that the programming and switch allocation isn't as versatile as some I have used but for the money it's a brilliant way to get more channels in your life. I use a lipo from eBay in it and it rarely needs charging

I'm waiting* for Dragon Labs to make a PPM mixer so I can add 2 ch of pan and tilt plus 2 channel switches to the 8ch of the radio then it would be AWESOME!!!

*could be a long wait
Mike,
Does that transmitter have a 3 way switch
thanks
Jan 23, 2011, 01:20 PM
Eccentricus Magnus
Quote:
Originally Posted by devfor View Post
thought as much

I guess I won't be able to set it into an autopilot CIRCLE mode, navigate through the menus, google the nearest starbucks and hit the take me there button just yet then.

Ren
Best thing. . set the menu to the position you want to access quickly, then fly the plane and get it trimmed, engage menu, make your changes, exit menu and they will be in effect but NOT SAVED YET. Then test whatever you have to try in AP, exit AP go to Menu make another change. . etc etc etc, until you have things set up like you want it, then toggle through and SAVE after you land, but before you turn off the power.

Kris Welter
Jan 23, 2011, 03:23 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneFlorida View Post
Mike,
Does that transmitter have a 3 way switch
thanks
yes it does
Jan 23, 2011, 04:35 PM
Thread OP
Hey folks,

I am now out of USB-TTLs plus I will be slower to respond to emails due to my workload. I thought I inform everyone so they know where I am at.

John
Jan 23, 2011, 05:04 PM
RC = FUN
Could you check your PM before you ship mine tomorrow please?

And, was my order one of the lucky ones that got a usb-ttl converter or did I miss the boat?!

Thanks! -Tyler
Jan 23, 2011, 06:28 PM
Little confused.

I am trying to set my wing up and everything works fine EXCEPT when I do the servo test I only have one servo moving. My assumption is that BOTH servos should be moving when put in test mode.

Am I missing something. I don't think autopilot will work properly if it does not move both servos when put in test mode.
Jan 23, 2011, 06:42 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Are you using two separate servos for you ailerons? Which one is moving, the left or right? Which direction does it move? Do you have them both connected and configured as Ail1 and Ail2 in the PWM output channels? I've not set up an aileron dual servo setup with my DOSD. In the test mode the right aileron and elevator should both move up.
Jan 23, 2011, 07:09 PM
Well i figured out what caused the crash. Corona simply burned out i have no idea why. Worked on the ground and then i took off and it just went straight into the ground. Put my AR7000 back in and everything works.

Now my DOSD is acting funny though. Cant seem to get elevator output and whatever line i go to on the menu becomes unreadably blurry?

Edit: appears to be some source of interference from wires. If i move around some wires i can get clear text but i have to hold it precisely in one spot
Last edited by beginner4life; Jan 23, 2011 at 07:30 PM.
Jan 23, 2011, 07:29 PM
Zephyr 66" Blunt
Quote:
Originally Posted by learnedinuk View Post
Little confused.

I am trying to set my wing up and everything works fine EXCEPT when I do the servo test I only have one servo moving. My assumption is that BOTH servos should be moving when put in test mode.

Am I missing something. I don't think autopilot will work properly if it does not move both servos when put in test mode.
In AP test mode only one elevon will go up, should be the right side one going up, if that works then AP will be operating the correct way. When you enable autopilot both elevons work.

Mark
Jan 23, 2011, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark hitchman View Post
In AP test mode only one elevon will go up, should be the right side one going up, if that works then AP will be operating the correct way. When you enable autopilot both elevons work.

Mark
So if my left servo is the only one moving then I'm reversed?
Jan 23, 2011, 07:52 PM
Zephyr 66" Blunt
Quote:
Originally Posted by learnedinuk View Post
So if my left servo is the only one moving then I'm reversed?
Yes, you should see it climb and turn to the right but with elevons it will show right up elevon to work the correct way so change the direction in the autopilot menu of the aileron I think it is.

Mark

Quick Reply