Apr 21, 2010, 09:55 AM
When in doubt, throttle out...
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexedit View Post
talking about stupid questions, here is mine. Could I fly with a 2.4 video transmitter and 2.4 airplane receiver in the same plane and be ok?
I am sure this has been asked before, but I have not been able to find a real answer. --- this is my only option till I get a DL
I'm no expert - only just had my 1st FPV flight 3 days ago but i did try a 2.4Ghz video link with my Spektrum (also 2.4ghz) as expected they both interfered with each other, for me totally unusable.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 21, 2010, 04:40 PM
FPV flyer
I have tested the 2nd osd just received today. John has made some modifications to work with other cameras that didn't work with stock. Dx201 looks working. but..
DOSD+ and dx201 :( (0 min 46 sec)

then connecting dx201, text shades is darker, but menu doesn't work. Any suggestions?
version 6.1, just updated few minutes ago
Apr 21, 2010, 06:10 PM
I had similar probs using one of my ebay CCD cams, have you tried adding a capacitor inline with the cam feed into DOSD+?
Worked for me.

http://www.forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=74

Good luck...
Apr 21, 2010, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barok View Post
hey daniel, john.. good news.. my bad.. i label'ed the video wire wrong, DOH!!, it was reversed.. so all is well now.. sorry for the drama..
thanks..
vergis21.. i had similar problem.. you're video wire is reversed on the connection to the dosd+
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=310

i see the other cam has a clearer text..i have that same text in your 2nd image(the one w/problem)..think i'll get another cam..
this one.. http://www.securitycamera2000.com/pr...Security-.html
any thoughts??
Last edited by barok; Apr 21, 2010 at 07:28 PM.
Apr 21, 2010, 08:42 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone

Video Problem

Virgis21

I had the same problem with my cheap camera.

Try That:

Apr 21, 2010, 11:52 PM
Can anyone list a few PPM receivers that will work with the OSD without modification? Plug and play? I have a JR XP6102.
Apr 22, 2010, 02:55 AM
Fly the Discombooberator!
Quote:
Originally Posted by edberg91 View Post
Can anyone list a few PPM receivers that will work with the OSD without modification? Plug and play? I have a JR XP6102.
I do not beleive there are any out there with an existing PPM stream output - unless someone knows different - in which case we would all be using them.
Apr 22, 2010, 05:07 AM
Indeed...
Apr 22, 2010, 05:30 AM
Some are very easy to modify. For example this receiver at DealExtreme is an easy one.

More information for adding a PPM pin can be found in this picture (see yellow wire):

I did the modification (on the 35MHz variant). I took a 3 pin male header. Removed 2 of the pins and glued the plastic part of the header with CA to the black box on the left side of the receiver (with the text CFWM - 455HT on it).

Europeans (35MHz) can use this receiver.
Apr 22, 2010, 06:22 AM
The Hitec Electron 6 DC I am using for tests become crazy when I solder the PPM out wire.
How is this noname receiver behaviour ?
Apr 22, 2010, 06:29 AM
I have done the mod last weekend. Didn't have time to test it yet.

My information (and the photo) came from this thread at the Arduino forums. See at bottom of the page. I assume from reading that thread that the poster (mem) tested it.
Apr 22, 2010, 08:56 AM
Nice share CrashingDutchman, worth grabbing one of these as the shipping is free also.

Thanks.
Apr 22, 2010, 09:39 AM
Every receiver should have a PPM stream pin
Apr 22, 2010, 06:44 PM
daniel/john...
oh man... did this mod.. http://www.forum.tsebi.com/download/file.php?id=732 reverse this A2 chip so i thought i can improve the text.. well the whole video image (not just text) got too dark and saturated, chopppy edges so i put it back as before now the video image is stable but its to dark and saturated.. when i remove the DOSD+ without using it,(connect the in and out video wire, ie: jump pin) the video is fine.. so the problem is in the osd.. any ideas?
Last edited by barok; Apr 22, 2010 at 09:19 PM.
Apr 23, 2010, 02:00 AM
Thread OP
first of all double check your soldering job if you think it looks fine then replace the diode. I PMed you the digikey part #

John

Quick Reply