Jan 12, 2011, 03:37 AM
FPV flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee180c
What I think he is saying is that the failsafe does not perform the same as just hitting the AP button when the radio is on. I found this out on my buddy's Radian Pro above as it works perfect in AP, but if you turn the radio off, the original reciever failsafe position has some down trim, so the plan immediately dives upon shutting off the radio. Now that everything is trimmed, we have to go and re-set the receiver failsafe again. If only it were as easy on a Corona reciever as it is on a Dragon Link!!!
cherokee told exact what I wanted to say For me will be easer to describe in Lithuanian

Virgis
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2011, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Spartan Gyros are pretty much recognized as the best in the RC Helicopter world. Problem is everybody is now going flybarless, so no need for a stand alone gyro anymore. Rumor is that they will be coming out with a flybarless unit sometime in 2011. It would be great if these guys make anything for FPV!!!

Maybe I should FPV these babies! It would be pretty cool to see an inverted picture of myself in googles a few inches off the ground!
Rumour or not.... it might be late to market as they have been VERY busy with FPV related 'projects' oh dear... what have I done?
Jan 12, 2011, 07:19 AM
KB3VOJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgis21
cherokee told exact what I wanted to say For me will be easer to describe in Lithuanian

Virgis
Your English is much better than you think Virgis. I understood you perfectly. Keep up all the great help.
Jan 12, 2011, 07:37 AM
Eccentricus Magnus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Machi
Kris

I am trying with a board like this that I made to avoid soldering wires for connecting IMU, Baro sensor to DOSD+ on the I2C port ...

This is how would it look like with a finished detailed work...

Ivan Machi
Very nice. . mine is a bit more cude. . I just Western Union splice from a common connector for the DOSD to 4 4-pin connectors for the peripherals. . . Use servo connectors if you are not using the 3.3vdc line.

I'm actually considering building a "Motherboard" that mates with the DOSD, or lays out all my peripheral boards with it in a common unit so you don't have things strewn all over the aircraft . .kind of like the Ardu "Oil Pan" setup. That may appear to be "overkill" for the Engineers amongst us . but I prefer strength and bulletproof reliability when it comes to something that is flying my airplane for me.

Kris Welter
Last edited by KrisW; Jan 12, 2011 at 08:00 AM.
Jan 12, 2011, 09:29 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic
I know Daniel's 'out of office' for the next several weeks, but thought I'd post this anyway for inputs.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I was trying to assign channel 9 as my SW control, which would then be passed from my DL Rx to the DOSD in the PPM stream. It didn't work. The DOSD does not seem to recognize any input over channel 8. I went into the diagnostic screen (OSD mode 3) and it only shows 8 channels (r/h side of screen). It shows 8 channels no matter how many/few channels of input it's getting (I can adjust my Tx channel output from 1-9 channels...but it sends out a minimum of 6 no matter what). Has anyone noticed this or worked around trying to get info into the DOSD that is above channel 8?
Update: My issue with this has been resolved. It turned out to be a Dragon Link thing. My Evo Tx can be adjusted to transmit from a minimum of 6 to max of 9 channels. When I originally bound my DL I had my Tx set for 8 channels...and all worked well. Then I added a 9th channel for the SW function...the DOSD did not recognize the 9th channel. FPVKiwi (form the DL thread) recommended I rebind the Dragon Link with the Tx set for 9 channels. I did this last night and, viola, the DL now passes the 9th channel info to the DOSD so now I've got 9 channels of control via the PPM stream to the DOSD. All is good now.
Jan 12, 2011, 09:31 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgis21

Virgis
You do well with your english Virgis...fear not. An add on question though. Are you actually setting the fail safe in flight or just setting the 'neutral' via the DOSD main menu screen? I just want to verify...I'm to chicken to purposely turn off my Tx in flight.
Jan 12, 2011, 10:26 AM
Well, now that you know ...
I had set up the failsafe in the Corona previously. Just yesterday while the plane was LOS, I clicked off the Tx. For some reason, the plane headed for the ground. Have to figure out what is going on - I had all that working previously!
Jan 12, 2011, 12:33 PM
KB3VOJ
VAn, I don't really mean to answer for Virgis, but he clearly stated he is physically hitting the failsafe setting button on the top of the Dragon Link while in flight. It only takes about 4 seconds to memorize the settings and his video showed he did that in the one video where he got interference and the plane started to crash because he had never set the failsafe. Virgis should confirm.

Bigster, this is the exact problem I had as well. The only thing I can think of is that all of the trimming functions we have done during the testing were never saved into the reciever failsafe setting. I know I only set it up guessing at the right trim before I had to set the failsafe and go fly. It is a bit of a b_tch to get to the Corona first of all in my buddy's installation, and it also sucks trying to go through all those blinking modes to actually get it set correctly. I can 100% verify that the plane will take a hard nose dive and most likely crash if you don't verify this properly. Anyone simply relying on an initial reciever failsafe setting that they think is correct, without actually shutting off the radio while in flight to verify (don't forget to memorize the AP control channel to on or you might have a real bad day) is in for a big disappointment if they fly out of range, even though they have fully set up the AP control off of the switch with radio on.
Jan 12, 2011, 02:02 PM
FPV flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic
You do well with your english Virgis...fear not. An add on question though. Are you actually setting the fail safe in flight or just setting the 'neutral' via the DOSD main menu screen? I just want to verify...I'm to chicken to purposely turn off my Tx in flight.
I do failsafe reset each time I change something in rc controls.. like trims or etc.. to save the last good all channels positions. So then rc lost, I do get the same AP work as i do then turn the swich ON

Quote:
VAn, I don't really mean to answer for Virgis, but he clearly stated he is physically hitting the failsafe setting button on the top of the Dragon Link while in flight. It only takes about 4 seconds to memorize the settings and his video showed he did that in the one video where he got interference and the plane started to crash because he had never set the failsafe. Virgis should confirm.
Yep! That's why I do that in each flight. In the air:
1.Trim the airplane (if needed).
2.Turn on FY-20A stabilization, check how it works!
3.Then just turn ON AP for test how it works. and if everything is doing perfect?!
4. I set throttle to desired position for AP to work best.
5.AND THEN HOLD FAILSAFE BUTTON ON DL and wolla (then pushing failsafe button further settings: AP - ON, stabilization - ON, throttle in nice cruise position)
So then failsafe hits (controls are lost/ no LOS), the airplane will fly in AP mode the same as I switch it manually.. And i am ready to go blind set waypoints for more than 10km and fly with fatshark 10mw

Virgis
Jan 12, 2011, 02:07 PM
I just dowloaded the pc commander software to check it out but it crashes on launch. I have .net 3.5 installed. Am I missing something?
Jan 12, 2011, 02:26 PM
AutoPilot .
Flying blind at 10km with 10mw vTX sound fun
Jan 12, 2011, 02:29 PM
FPV flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulpina
flying blind at 10km with 10mw vtx sound fun
:d :d
Jan 12, 2011, 02:37 PM
pc pilot - what error are you getting?

I ended up installing 2.something, 3.5, and 4.x of .NET to get it to work.
Jan 12, 2011, 02:45 PM
This is what I get. I just installed .net 4 and i get the same thing.
Jan 12, 2011, 02:51 PM
I found this helpful. Quick utility to report what .NET you have installed.

http://www.tmgdevelopment.co.uk/versioncheck.htm

Quick Reply