Jan 04, 2011, 10:09 AM
FPV flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisW View Post
Just posting so I can get Post #7500. . .

Kris Welter
And the last in page 500

Virgis
to remove ads between posts
Jan 04, 2011, 10:11 AM
Well, now that you know ...
Has anyone got an EasyCap working with Win 7? I can't seem to get mine installed, yet on my XP laptop it works great.
Jan 04, 2011, 10:12 AM
Wow, 500-pages - who'd have thought.

Daniel
Jan 04, 2011, 10:18 AM
FPV flyer
and so many posts (7500) I looked back to the first page how was the begging it is funny.
How many problems we went through

Virgis
Jan 04, 2011, 10:19 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigster View Post
Has anyone got an EasyCap working with Win 7? I can't seem to get mine installed, yet on my XP laptop it works great.
Yeah, it finding the driver that's the hard part. I found one, I'll have to find a post a link for you later, that worked. I haven't tried using it yet, but at least my Win7 recognizes it.
Jan 04, 2011, 12:03 PM
Eccentricus Magnus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgis21 View Post
and so many posts (7500) I looked back to the first page how was the begging it is funny.
How many problems we went through

Virgis
Try reading the entire thread. . . . .

In the meantime, whilst awaiting the arrival of my IMU, I am assembling a belly battery rack for my Delta to add two 2650ma 6s1p 40C packs under the plane, so that I can extend the flight times to over 25 minutes if desired. At a "cruise" of 60 mph, you can see where this is going. Total weight addition to the plane with the packs and rack for them is about 1.75 lbs. It will give me a total of 9300ma of capacity from 3 packs, all capable of 40C. The Nose and tail wheels will allow 1/2-3/4" of ground clearance for the aluminum rack, and there should be no danger of battery damage during landings as they are 75% enclosed on the sides and bottom by the rack.

The only disadvantage to using electric power on planes. . as you run lower on power, you do not get the benefit of "fuel burn off" like you do in a gasser, so your recovery weight is the same as your launch weight. I'd really love to be able to burn off 2 lbs of fuel in a flight. . the range would increase markedly due to the lower weight as the flight went along. On the plus side, the weight of the battery carriage under the belly will add stability to the airframe, making it more of a "high wing' configuration (though only slightly).

I intend to do my gassers in a similar way, using a centerline external tank to add low-central weight, and burning it offf as the flight goes along to reduce weight. You can't imagine how aerodynamically clean two 3-liter Pepsi bottles in a fiberglass tube can be.

Kris Welter
Last edited by KrisW; Jan 04, 2011 at 12:15 PM.
Jan 04, 2011, 12:18 PM
KB3VOJ
Quote:
I have it working fine. Check online for the drivers, but if you can't find it, I can try to see if I still have them in my download directory when I get home tonight. I can't remember the name of them offhand.
Jan 04, 2011, 12:38 PM
Well, now that you know ...
Thanks guys - I'll take any links I can get. I downloaded a bunch of drivers, but none of them recognized the hardware.
Jan 04, 2011, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Thanks guys - I'll take any links I can get. I downloaded a bunch of drivers, but none of them recognized the hardware.
Try these ones(i use win7 and easycap):

http://dl.transfer.ro/Drivers-transf...jan-0a4ffd.zip
Jan 04, 2011, 12:51 PM
When in doubt, throttle out...
scrtsqrl - i had exactly the same PC commander probs as you a few days ago, even the weird errors you had.

I use win7, after uninstalling PC commander & re-installing the latest version it worked - but i guess you have tried this?
Jan 04, 2011, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Mine is :

IMU 12V unreg from main battery
VTX 12v unreg from main battery (BEVRC)
DOSD+ 12v unreg from main battery
Camera 12V unreg from main battery (WDR700)
SERVOS 5V from Switching BEC (filtered)

Works great - SIMPLE as the Russian Merecats say...
Richard.... Nearly spat me tea out laughing. Not really because it's funny (as it is) but realising I think there are about 20 or so of us Dragon users here in the UK who would get the reference.... And the rest of the world are wondering what you have in your pipe tonight!!! Hope all is well down the road, hope to catch up with you in the next month or so!

Paul
Jan 04, 2011, 06:41 PM
KB3VOJ
Bigster,

I think the file you need is AVCPT Setup for Windows 7. Try searching that. I beleive it is from a company called Sabrent. I am not positive that is the one though as I had to try several like you did as well.

Dave
Jan 04, 2011, 06:47 PM
KB3VOJ
Ok here is the link to the video file clip on Vimeo, but it looks way better after their conversion process than my original. The original has Much more noise. Is there any way to upload the source file?

Untitled (0 min 43 sec)
Jan 04, 2011, 08:11 PM
Just trying to get a nut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wee View Post
scrtsqrl,

It is possible that your firmware is so old that it's not supported by PCC. In that case, you may want to try upgrading it using the ds30 Loader procedure.

http://forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=67

Daniel

Daniel, I will do that. Thank you.

Craig, I will report back with results. Thank you.

Jan 04, 2011, 09:29 PM
RC = FUN
Well I've had a conversion! I had recently been thinking:

DRAGONLINK!

DRAGONLINK!

DRAGONLINK!

And then last night I had a dream where I was flying my skywalker over a river and kept going but then video just stopped and I crashed and all of my gear was destroyed.

I then realized theres no point in getting a system capable of going 25 miles if I have no way back if I lose video. So time for the DRAGON OSD!!!!

I've got four questions, and then I will order tomorrow:

1) Do I have to wait about 10 weeks for the DOSD just like the DL? Or ships right away?

2) Was this fairly easy to setup (Wiring, and then programming RTH)

3) Can I change all of my settings just at the field? That's another reason I'm selling my Remzibi OSD is because I don't like having to take the OSD out of my plane everytime in order to update it.

4) Have you all been satisfied? Have any of you bought the DOSD and been disappointed?

Thanks so much, and I'm really looking forward to getting the DOSD!

Cheers!

-Tyler

Quick Reply