Apr 17, 2010, 06:04 AM
mark,

If you are not using the autopilot (and I don't suppose you would with elevon mixing) you can simply tell the DOSD+ to use another channel as either the elevator or aileron.

You can do this via the on-screen menu or via the serial terminal. So, for example you want to use the rudder channel to change values instead, you could issue the following command:-

SET AILECHAN xxx
SAVE

where xxx is the channel that your rudder is on.

Daniel

p.s. You can also set the CALLSIGN to your own handle. The callsign will display for one minute at the top of every 10-minute interval when activated. You can, of course, turn this off. Or you could set it to display your name, for example:-

SET CALLSIGN MARKH
SAVE
to remove ads between posts
Apr 17, 2010, 08:48 AM
http://www.forum.tsebi.com/download/file.php?id=762

hey daniel.. this pic taken from your support forum..
my question is.. were it say DragonOSD+ ver.??(c) Daniel Wee 2010 .. it is cut off in my screen not visible.. how can i lower it, it does not effect the change on the safezone menu..

hey RacerX208.. pm ya..
thanks again..
Apr 17, 2010, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barok View Post
http://www.forum.tsebi.com/download/file.php?id=762

hey daniel.. this pic taken from your support forum..
my question is.. were it say DragonOSD+ ver.??(c) Daniel Wee 2010 .. it is cut off in my screen not visible.. how can i lower it, it does not effect the change on the safezone menu..

hey RacerX208.. pm ya..
thanks again..
I can see DragonOSD+ v3.9(c) Daniel Wee 2010 on top of the screen
Apr 17, 2010, 09:02 AM
barok,

The bootup screen is not affected by the SAFEZONE parameters. If you really need to see that info, you can try a different monitor or just go into the serial terminal and see what shows up when you power up the OSD.

The latest version is 6.1 and unless you have updated the firmware, you probably should get the latest as it includes a lot of fixes and new features.

Daniel
Apr 17, 2010, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wee View Post
barok,

The bootup screen is not affected by the SAFEZONE parameters. If you really need to see that info, you can try a different monitor or just go into the serial terminal and see what shows up when you power up the OSD.

The latest version is 6.1 and unless you have updated the firmware, you probably should get the latest as it includes a lot of fixes and new features.

Daniel
daniel.. even on my plasma tv..same thing..
no problem on the serial terminal..i see the version.. firmware is 5.9ver. will upgrade..

plesk.. i know.. lol..
Apr 17, 2010, 03:40 PM
Zephyr 66" Blunt
Bad news for me, I fried my dosd+ this morning. Installed everything into my hobbyking funjet last night, checked everything was working then decided to change the connectors over on the current sensor. I finished it all, plugged everything back together, apart from the battery, and went to bed. This morning I plugged the battery in and my current sensor and dosd+ went up in smoke
I first thought I had crossed the polarity on the battery terminal plugs but it was a bit simpler and stupid than that. When I plugged the current sensor plug into the dosd+ I was 1 terminal out so 12v went down the 3.3v line.
http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/w...DOSDSmoked.jpg

Mark
P.S. Perfect day for flying too
Apr 17, 2010, 04:15 PM
When in doubt, throttle out...
Sorry to hear that Mark... :-(

Those terminals & connectors all look the same, i have to triple check b4 powerup.

That pic chip doesnt look ez to replace either... :-(
Apr 17, 2010, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark hitchman View Post
Hi Daniel, with elevon mixing for the funjet I have a problem in the menu. If I move the cursor down it changes the menu item that it is on as well as moving down. If I move aileron across to select a submenu or change an item it goes down as well, i presume because of mixing. Is there an easy way around this?

Thanks

Mark
Now I realize that is exactly what it happened to me too ...
I was on a flying wing program when I tried to program OSD
And I was so dumb to blame PPM decoding
Of course, the OSD can't know you have elevon mixing, Daniel must specifiy to use a normal plane program for menu access, but... what if you want to do it while flying with a wing ?
Apr 17, 2010, 07:23 PM
mark,

Lol, you guys. mark, I'm going away for 10-days but I will try to send you one of my spare sets once I get back since you've been doing so much testing. Or maybe John may make you a better offer before then. Hang in there buddy.

Renato,

Actually, how about I let the OSD handle the mixing? Would that be a workable solution?

Daniel
Apr 17, 2010, 08:53 PM
Zephyr 66" Blunt
Thanks Daniel, I sent John a PM before your post so I will see whether he has any left, I don't mind paying, it was completely my fault, not the product.

If the dosd+ did elevon mixing that would be awesome, then it would work in autopilot when it's all tuned up. Well, I presume that's how it would work.

I also have a Barometric Pressure Sensor - BMP085 from spark fun, I wonder if you could point me to a wiring diagram for it when you get back, no rush, I can't try it out now for a while

Thanks

Mark
Apr 17, 2010, 09:55 PM
Everything is cut off by the edges of the screen, is there a way to move all data more towards the center of the screen?
Apr 17, 2010, 10:00 PM
ask the same ???.. here's the answer..

Quote:
barok,

You just need to use the SAFEZONEX and SAFEZONEY feature to move the text inwards and you'll be fine. This doesn't apply to the boot-up screen though. You can either do this via the on-screen menu or via the serial terminal. Just issue the command:-

SET SAFEZONEX 10
SET SAFEZONEY 20
SAVE

You can play around with the values.

Daniel
Apr 18, 2010, 12:21 AM
Quote:
...Renato,

Actually, how about I let the OSD handle the mixing? Would that be a workable solution?

Daniel
Simple, I think to it while sleeping and dreamt the following
If both axes of the stick "seems" to be moved *same* direction, then it is up-down, else, if they are opposite, it is left-right.
You can check additionaly for the movement magnitudes to be in the same ballpark, if different, the bigger movement wins.
Also, assure enough deadband around center to not be fooled by those who can move lateraly a bit by mistake when moving up/down. or viceversa.
Apr 18, 2010, 01:08 AM
Suspended Account
I wonder if you have two aileron inputs so differential is still possable as you would normaly fly?

being forced to "y" split because of an osd would realy be a bad thing
Apr 18, 2010, 01:17 AM
Control a single aileron, not both. Did this with FMA and worked.

Quick Reply