Nov 13, 2010, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wee
BuffytheSaint,

Can you try putting a 100ohm resistor across the video input to the DOSD+ and let me know what happens? Thanks.

Daniel
I'll look for some resistors. That's video in, across to ground, right?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 13, 2010, 09:13 PM
Plane Insane RC.com
I don't know what I did but I'm not getting the normal flashing lights. I get the green light but thats it. Anyone what to buy a lightly used arduIMU?
Nov 13, 2010, 09:43 PM
Well, now that you know ...
Heh. I'll give it a go, chicken hawk. You sure you're willing to give up on it?
Nov 13, 2010, 09:50 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint
I'll look for some resistors. That's video in, across to ground, right?
I added the 100ohm resistor across Vout and GND. That was to help the test 'smearing' issue. Mine wasn't that bad to begin with, but did have some smearing.
Nov 13, 2010, 09:52 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken hawk
I don't know what I did but I'm not getting the normal flashing lights. I get the green light but thats it. Anyone what to buy a lightly used arduIMU?
Where is your green light? On the ArduIMU or on the TTL? If you're not getting 5v to your IMU using the serial pins then you won't get LEDs on the IMU board.

I can't tell by your original picture, but it looks like the CTS pin on the TTL is connected to the 5V pin on the IMU? Make sure that you're getting 5V at the IMU 5V pin. You can also leave the 5v on the serial line off altogether and use the >6v connector on the corner of the board. This is how I did mine. Connect a 2S LiPo at the >6v and GND pins...OBSERVER POLARITY to see if that helps. DON'T have the 5v line AND the >6v line connected at the same time.
Nov 13, 2010, 10:16 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvesOttawa
1 out of 4 OSD power on's lands an "unable to identify GPS Type - using MTK". Is this something I should be worried about?

also, why do we specify pan and tilt channels? I didn't see anything in documentation on what it does.

one more for you, no mention on what the safezoneX and Y do?

thx
If you specify Pan and Tilt channels the OSD will display (I believe) a little scale or such to show how much pan and/or tilt your using. That should help you figure if your camera is straight ahead, a little down and to the right, etc...

The Safe Zone X & Y are in the manual. One moves the left and right text closer/further from the edges, the other moves text closer/further to the top and bottom of the screens. You use this to adjust your left/right/top/bottom text borders so you can see all the text and not having some of the text dropping out of view.
Nov 14, 2010, 12:16 AM
Is there a way to calibrate the video on the video monitor? My screen has the voltage and timer cut off on the left and the display is too high/cut off on the top.
Nov 14, 2010, 12:30 AM
what does arduIMU do?

For the Smear, or Resistance Mod I had to play with resistor values with camera in hand then point it at light- cover lens, go from dark to light and keep good eye on display, within a range of resistance and tuning a knob inside my video tx i got mine fixed. I am using a Bev800mw Tx for this setup. The lawmate tx's have a small knob on them that adjusted this also for me. Mark original location before changing though.
Mess with dark and light with camera, make sure it stays what looks best throughout changes. I didn't solder them on, I shoved them into the plugs, one camera was tricky enough that I ran a cable soldered on separately for resistor plug-ins.
Nov 14, 2010, 12:38 AM
FPV flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic
The Safe Zone X & Y are in the manual. One moves the left and right text closer/further from the edges, the other moves text closer/further to the top and bottom of the screens. You use this to adjust your left/right/top/bottom text borders so you can see all the text and not having some of the text dropping out of view.
spicoli82,
Vantasstic has wrote this before yours post

Tankogen,
Do you have a picture of that knob in Lawmate video tx? Thanks

Virgis
Nov 14, 2010, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgis21
spicoli82,
Vantasstic has wrote this before yours post
Virgis
LOL! He must be looking over my shoulder!

I do have one last issue (so it seems)... Everything works as far as being able to turn on the OSD menu via transmitter, navigate the menu via transmitter, change menu settings via transmitter... But for some reason, my servos aren't moving anymore on the DOSD+V2 board. Any suggestions?
Nov 14, 2010, 01:06 AM
FPV flyer
spicoli82,

Check if servos channels are assigned properly(in DOSD+ menu) to the channels on yours radio.

Virgis
Nov 14, 2010, 01:09 AM
Adjustment knobs on 1.2ghz lawmates.
I have not worked with 1watt one, but I am very confident this is it. A data sheet maaaybe might confirm.not sure.But on the 500mw one I am more sure.It was a while back I was testing. Just be sensitive, slightest move and mark of turn. Glad I can help. Thanks
Nov 14, 2010, 01:16 AM
thanks Van for your help.
Nov 14, 2010, 02:04 AM
I'm still not getting any movement on my rudder or elevator servos. I'm not sure what's going on. Everything is connected correctly as far as rx to ppm encoder to DOSD to servos. Do I have to have GPS home set to move the servos? I don't think so. Is there something wrong with the DOSD board? I'm able to navigate the OSD menu with the AILERON channel and the ELEVATOR channel... That sounds like the way I'm supposed to be able to navigate, right?
Nov 14, 2010, 03:57 AM
spicoli82,

In menu mode - aileron and elevator are not passed through. In normal mode you should be able to move stuff.

Daniel

Quick Reply