Jul 17, 2010, 09:42 AM
Hi Gary, just any FTDI cable will do, the flytron OSD cable should be fine.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2010, 09:45 AM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chancesAU
Hi Gary, just any FTDI cable will do, the flytron OSD cable should be fine.
Thanks Buddy!!
Jul 17, 2010, 10:31 AM
This is what i get when i hook it to the computer, maybe i need to try a different computer
Jul 17, 2010, 10:42 AM
G-unit,

I think there might be a need to have the latest NET installed. Cralis (Craig) would be able to tell you more about this. That might be the issue, I'm just guessing.

Daniel
Jul 17, 2010, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wee
G-unit,

I think there might be a need to have the latest NET installed. Cralis (Craig) would be able to tell you more about this. That might be the issue, I'm just guessing.

Daniel
Hi Daniel,
Thanks, man u should be slepping..
Thanks Gary
Jul 17, 2010, 10:54 AM
--Parking Lot Pilot--
Thank you Mike for the Manual, and Thanks Badland for pointing me to the correct forum thread. Very Impressed by the help
Jul 17, 2010, 04:40 PM
I love FPV!
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-unit
This is what i get when i hook it to the computer, maybe i need to try a different computer
PM sent.
Jul 17, 2010, 04:43 PM
I love FPV!
Daniel.. I'm checking for open connections this morning, and heat shrinking the mic.

I don't have a spare current sensor. Can I make a servo plug (3 pins), and wire my battery ground to the top pin, and the +ve to the bottom pin... (leaving the middle pin open)... put a jumper on J1... and then power the bord like that?
Jul 17, 2010, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cralis
PM sent.
Email sent..
Jul 17, 2010, 05:10 PM
When in doubt, throttle out...
Craig - i love the new features of DOSD+ Commander. n1

Martin
Last edited by badlands; Apr 14, 2011 at 09:14 AM.
Jul 17, 2010, 06:36 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cralis
Daniel.. I'm checking for open connections this morning, and heat shrinking the mic.

I don't have a spare current sensor. Can I make a servo plug (3 pins), and wire my battery ground to the top pin, and the +ve to the bottom pin... (leaving the middle pin open)... put a jumper on J1... and then power the bord like that?
Cralis not Daniel but Mike, a very poor substitute, if more timely. hopefully Daniel is sleeping. Me, I've just got back from the pub
check out the pics here: http://www.forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic...0fc306935692d5
You can power the board 3 ways:
1.give it its own power from any battery 4-16v connecting to Gnd "G" and 4-16v connection
2. jumper the 4-16v connection to the centre pins of the PWM out/PPM in section so you run the OSD from your receiver power. Connect board gnd to battery gnd
3. jumper the 4-16v connection to "J1" which is the power from the current/voltage sensor if fitted.

so in a shorter answer to your question, you can use a servo plug to power the board but use the top pin (gnd) and the middle pin (4-16v) and you don't need to connect "J1"
Jul 17, 2010, 06:48 PM
badlands,

I think Cralis is measuring line of sight distance, not ground distance. As such it will show a little more than ground distance. You have to check with him but I think this is the case.

Craig,

Yes you can. Just be careful to ensure that everything is correct. If you power it this way, via the current sensor board, you will need to install the J1 jumper though.

Daniel
Jul 17, 2010, 07:10 PM
I love FPV!
Guys,

I have uploaded a new version of PC Commander.

You can get it here.

* Fix for the WPMODE. Users were having issues loading parameters when they had changed the WPMODE setting.
* Added a small set of config options for KML output files (Select what you want to show)
* Added features to KML file export (Start, end and max altitude placemarks)
* Changed way of storing application settings (Moving away from Registry due to permissions)
* Changed the RSSI calculations in the wizard

Any issues.. PM me.
I have one outstanding bug. Waiting for the guy who reported it to test a version I sent him. I suspect it's an old version, but waiting for logs. Anything else you spot, or suggest ... PM me.

Thanks guys.
Jul 17, 2010, 07:15 PM
I love FPV!
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlands
Craig - i love the new features of DOSD+ Commander. The flight log download works very well.
However im not sure how accurate the information is. Today i flew out 11,200ft (my new record) i confirmed on playback later at home, but when i download logs commander is stating i went out 14,000ft!
I can draw a ruler line in google earth on my log & that confirms 11,200ft, i think the altitude if off too.

Love how much info i can get from the logs - distance travelled etc rox!

n1

Martin
Thanks Martin...
Strange...
My distance measurements take in just two coordinates without altitude, so it's distance over the ground.

Altitude is taken directly from what ever the OSD reports. No calculations there... except... the OSD records in meters... and I have to modify it based on if you're displaying metric or not. In your case, you mentioned feed... so I multiply the distance by 3.3 (meters to feet). I'm wondering if I have stuffed that up somewhere.

With regards the altitude, can you tell me why you think it's off? It might be due to my conversions... But if you can tell me whats wrong with the alt... I'm sure I can sort it out.

Cheers,
Craig
Jul 17, 2010, 07:42 PM
I love FPV!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wee
Craig,

Yes you can. Just be careful to ensure that everything is correct. If you power it this way, via the current sensor board, you will need to install the J1 jumper though.

Daniel
Thanks Daniel.

I made a little adaptor up now... and this is how I'd like to plug in (Source will be a 2200mah 3S pack...)

Look OK? So, pos goes to V3, GND goes to G... and Jumper across J1 and 4-16V, leaving my little melted pin open.

I'm scared to power up, as the board has different marking to the pictures on the tsebi site. Is the Voltage +ve pin the 4d one down? On the board, it's marked Isns or something... with +Batt being the 2nd pin down. But on the drawings, V2 is the 3rd pin down from the side. I read there was a print error... so just confirming these pictures seem OK with the adaptor I made.
Last edited by Cralis; Jul 17, 2010 at 08:19 PM.

Quick Reply