Jul 13, 2010, 09:14 PM
I love FPV!
Arg!!
Sorry, when I move the aileron stick, servos move. Just noticed, it's not the ailerons... it's the rudder... and that's because I have rudder mixing!! I use my rudder stick (Mode2) for Pan, and therefore, my rudder is mixed with the aileron inputs... Oh damn...

I'm wondering if I can disable th mixing when my switch is at the menu setting... Damn..
to remove ads between posts
Jul 13, 2010, 09:21 PM
FPV flyer
Cralis,

Check what channels are assigned in DOSD+ menu.
Good luck!
Jul 13, 2010, 09:57 PM
I love FPV!
Thanks man...
love the Futaba 9C!!

You can do anything. I've got it that if the 3 way switch is either center (Normal) or up (Autopilot), then enable the mixing. If the switch is down (Menu), disable the mix. Now, the menu works fine, and no servos move.
Jul 13, 2010, 11:11 PM
FPV flyer
yep, Futaba 9C (super) the best radio for fpv
I had JR 9xII before, sold and got Futaba 9C. I am so happy!
Jul 14, 2010, 07:47 PM
I love FPV!
Argh!!

Just tried the RTH. First flight resulted in a launch crash. I had a knob set to Gps stab gain. It was set to off, but maybe IRS reversed?

Stopped that and tried again. Launch was ok. Very windy. Got up, and hit the switch. Spiral of death! Recovered and tried a few more. All bad.

Landed and reversed the ailerons. Launched and had more success but it seems to turn away. Did some more attempts. Limited success. None would have come home, but no death spirals.

Landed. Checked recorder. Arjun!! It wasn't recording!!! Wind was bad now. So did another quick flight to dhow results. At shops now. Will upload soon.
Jul 14, 2010, 09:23 PM
I love FPV!
Uploading now...
But is there no way we can somehow have a visual check that the ailerons/rudder is moving the right way, before we launch?

When I fly normally, all is OK, but it seems I had the ailerons reversed for autopilot (And therefore, for GPS Stabilisation as well). Is the only way to find out of it's correct, to throw and hope? It would be nice if there was a way we could check it before we launched.
Jul 14, 2010, 09:47 PM
Hi Cralis,

You may want to check this again:-

http://forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=84

Daniel
Jul 14, 2010, 09:51 PM
Mums the word.
Engage the autopilot on the ground, lean the plane to one side and see if the plane responds with the control to correct the movement.
Jul 14, 2010, 09:55 PM
I love FPV!
Yeah, got that... it's this part I am questioning:

"9. If the plane is turning the wrong way in #7 or #8, re-do the test to verify it. If it is confirmed, you will need to reverse the Rudd. direction in the menu. After that, try again. Note that reversing this setting will also reverse the way the aileron stick behaves in the menu navigation."

That's in flight. I am asking if there is a safer way to do this, BEFORE it's flying. I wonder if maybe a wizard on the PC Commander might be useful? PM'ing you.
Is that possible?
Jul 14, 2010, 10:31 PM
I love FPV!
Here we go...
First Autopilot Attempt with the DragonOSD+ (4 min 3 sec)

Now, it's maybe down to the wind... but can anyone tell me what I should maybe change to fix this? It's nearly working... But it seems to always turn right.. even though a small turn left would get it back on course...
Jul 14, 2010, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cralis
Here we go...
Now, it's maybe down to the wind... but can anyone tell me what I should maybe change to fix this? It's nearly working... But it seems to always turn right.. even though a small turn left would get it back on course...
Cralis maybe you should reverse your actual servo directions from the osd menu.
Jul 14, 2010, 11:28 PM
I love FPV!
Thanks kempo. I had it reversed before, and the plane went into a spiral dive. I will try, but it looks like it's trying to come home.
Jul 15, 2010, 01:01 AM
Hi Cralis,

Based on the video, it looks like your AIL servo direction needs to be reversed. This is not to be confused with the MENU AIL servo direction. You should also show the kind of settings you have as that might help in diagnostics. Usually (but not always) the MENU AIL and the AIL direction tends to be the same so if they're different from your MENU AIL direction, that might be a clue that you've got it wrong.

Daniel
Jul 15, 2010, 02:06 AM
Zephyr 66" Blunt
Hi Cralis, when setting up the autopilot have ROCstepgain at zero. When the plane does the big spiral dive it usually means ROTstepgain is too high, so lower that by 0.5 and try again. If you setup one thing at a time it saves confusion and will be quicker in the long run. Once you have the turning sorted out and flying towards home and circling home then start increasing ROCstepgain and get that right. After this life will almost be complete

Mark
Jul 15, 2010, 02:16 AM
Hi Cralis,

I also caught a glimpse of your setup screen at 1:56. I think you should use the settings kempo and mark uses in terms of the gains. Secondly, before you test, you should trim the plane for level flight. In this way, you will know that any deviations are due to the autopilot and not something else (such as wind, or off-trim). All of this is explained in greater detail in the above link.

Daniel

Quick Reply