Jul 21, 2013, 10:49 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbob View Post
I've got an altitude question. Although my RTH brings my plane straight home, I noticed as its circling the home location a few times, it is losing altitude.
My descent mode is 0.
Is RTH supposed to maintain altitude?
I found a field called "Elevator Drive" in PC Commander v17.3 on the Advanced tab. It is set to 0. I'm wondering what this field is. Is altitude control off with this set to 0?

Also.. if I change from metric to standard measurements, do all of my menu settings also switch from metric to standard or do they stay metric?
I don't recall what descent mode 0 is. It does appear the Rate of Climb adjustments (gains/step gains, etc) all play a part in how aggressively the DOSD manages elevator control. For me, I've not worried about it much. If it brings it back home and circles then I'm happy...even if it is slowly decending...it's still HOME. Your hit distance probably plays into it too. If it's to small the DOSD will circle tighter. The tighter the circle the more lift you loose. The more lift you loose the more you descend for the same throttle and elevator settings. You can try playing with both things to see if it responds more to what you like.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 21, 2013, 11:07 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADUS63 View Post
Hi,

I have affected a knob for gain setting on my DOSD and I'm using an arduIMU, how I see the value of the actual gain setting of my knob ?

I don't see anything changing when I use the OSD display number 3 (diagnotic screen).

Thank

Cedric
Don't really understand what you are doing here. Are you providing ppm or pwm signal to DOSD with the arduino? Are you just trying to control the stability channel?
If you want you can assign the pan or tilt channel to the stability channel and it will display as a bar on screen.
Jul 21, 2013, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
I don't recall what descent mode 0 is. It does appear the Rate of Climb adjustments (gains/step gains, etc) all play a part in how aggressively the DOSD manages elevator control. For me, I've not worried about it much. If it brings it back home and circles then I'm happy...even if it is slowly decending...it's still HOME. Your hit distance probably plays into it too. If it's to small the DOSD will circle tighter. The tighter the circle the more lift you loose. The more lift you loose the more you descend for the same throttle and elevator settings. You can try playing with both things to see if it responds more to what you like.
Thanks much Van.

Mode 0: No descent

I'm actually not so much worried about descending as I am about ascending. If I'm flying lower than cruise altitude, which modes will bring it back up to cruise altitude during RTH? This was easier with my Easystar.. now with the Bixler and ailerons.. I just want it to maintain altitude or go UP to cruising altitude during RTH.
Jul 21, 2013, 12:32 PM
QiW
QiW
Quote:
I have seen reports on the DL thead about the DL Rx RSSI dropping every 10 seconds or so. DL is a freq hoping system. About every 10 seconds the hoping and reading cycle seem to coincide and displays a low RSSI. This is just a reading issue, nothing to do with actual signal strength. If you're not getting failsafes then you should be fine.

Think of itlike this. While watching a fast moving sport, you blink, something happened when you blinked, you didn't see what happened because you blinked. So, did what happen really happen when you blinked? Yep, you just didn't see it though because you blinked. So everyone who had a different blink cycle saw it, but you didn't so can't report on what happened. RSSI reading looks at the signal strength at the same time the system hops frequencies. It didn't see the signal before or after the hop...only the middle of the hop. Since it doesn't see a signal it thinks the signal must be low and that's what it displays.
its not a sudden drop every now and then ... rssi stays at or gradually drops or increase as i fly
if u do fly with DL and DOSD .. could u kindly just look at the rssi high and low values in your menu and the V3 multiplier as well .. i can then use your values as a base to start from ...
in the mean time i have to try to learn how to hook up my DOSD to the PC COMMANDER
thanks
Jul 21, 2013, 03:45 PM
Quote:
No, I don't believe it show the new gain setting. You have to do a little fudge math on it. If you set you max gain to, say, 10, then your gain knob will adjust from 0 at low position to 10 at the high position. If you find you like the gain setting at apporxiamelty 3/4 of your knob movement then you can 'guess' the preferred gain is about 7.5. If you liked it at 50% movement then the gain is ~half of max, so about 5.0.
Thanks Van, I will do that !
Jul 21, 2013, 10:02 PM
Van, if you will be making cable be sure to use 100K resistor in it. 56K did not work for me.
You can follow David's instructions. (rcexpolorer) I made a cable with a charging wire - +5V in it.
Works as good as the one you can by from HK.

I tried Sony Handycam DCR-PC9 mini DV camera video output into DOSD. Same result! Blurry.

Dragon OSD+ V2 with Sony Handycam PC9 NTSC (0 min 11 sec)

Found this. It was mentioned in the thread 2 years ago... on page 945 May be not related.

DOSD letters are fine. The cam video gets busted.
Video from both security cameras I have is good and sharp. From GoPro and Handycam - bad.

Resistors in parallel and series do not help much.

Quote:
I know no ones answered you. I've never experienced that. I've used my GP1 with my DOSD with no issues. I just got a GP3 Black, but don't have a cable to connect it to my system to try and duplicate. Heck...I haven't even used the GP3 on anything yet. Got to go get a memory card for it today.
Jul 21, 2013, 11:45 PM
hello,

I am using 3way cam switch with two cams that are connected to Dragonlink channel and DOSD V2. It is working however I am having video ghost from the video channel that is not active.

Would you please recommend some kind of filter as well as location?
any idea is welcome.

----Dragonlink Channel-----(3 way cam switch)------V1 / V2 / DOSDV2

Thanks for comments,
Andres
Jul 22, 2013, 01:54 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquintero View Post
hello,

I am using 3way cam switch with two cams that are connected to Dragonlink channel and DOSD V2. It is working however I am having video ghost from the video channel that is not active.

Would you please recommend some kind of filter as well as location?
any idea is welcome.

----Dragonlink Channel-----(3 way cam switch)------V1 / V2 / DOSDV2

Thanks for comments,
Andres
Hi Andres
I tried a few switches, the only one that worked for me was the foxtech one. All the others use some transistor for switching that isn't fast enough and destroys the sync pulse. (this is my guess what the problem is. The foxtech one uses a different component). Some cameras work better than others.
Jul 22, 2013, 09:38 AM
HK recently got 3 way switch based on PI5V331Q Low On-Resistance Wideband/Video Dual 4-Channel Mux/DeMux
- Wide bandwidth: 150 MHz
- Low On-Resistance: 3Ω
- Low crosstalk at 10 MHz: 58dB
That seems to be working a OK. But nothing can help that GoPro on DOSD...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash View Post
Hi Andres
I tried a few switches, the only one that worked for me was the foxtech one. All the others use some transistor for switching that isn't fast enough and destroys the sync pulse. (this is my guess what the problem is. The foxtech one uses a different component). Some cameras work better than others.
Jul 22, 2013, 02:07 PM
Perfect, thanks a lot Mike and DanisM.!!
Jul 23, 2013, 11:05 PM
I have been trying to search around to figure out how my gps wires are suppose to be soldered to the GPS. I had a crash that tore the wires away from the chip. Does anyone have a picture or can you direct me to where I can find the order for wiring? The GPS unit came from readymaderc and was advertised as the one for DLOSD, however their picture on the web slightly differs from my unit. The unit has 1590-A Y on the top of the chip and Locosys MC-1513 123T on the back of the unit.
Jul 24, 2013, 01:46 AM
Thread OP
If the Locosys LS20031 GPS came from Tim at Readymade..chances it is one of mine. With the GPS antenna facing down, the soldering connectors facing up and towards you; left to right.. GPS wires should be in this order. (red, white, green and black) Leave the last soldering pad blank.
(red is power, white is RX, green is TX and black is ground) These should go to the OSD from TX to OSD TX, RX to OSD RX, ground to OSD GND and power to OSD 3v)

John
Jul 24, 2013, 11:41 AM
QiW
QiW
hi guys .. i have been using my dosd v2 since MAY 2011
can anyone please tell me what voltage the current sensor supports up to ??
i am planning on using 4S next .. been going with 3S all this while
its the stock current sensor that comes with the dosd ...
thanks ..
Jul 24, 2013, 01:12 PM
FPV addicted
I don't know what chip is used for the current sensor but if it is INA 139 it works on 4S, this can be powered up to 60V according to the datasheet.
Jul 24, 2013, 02:10 PM
Team Basement-RC
Flying 4S is not a problem for the current sensor. However, you should use a separate 12V battery to power the DOSD, as it has a max of 16V.

Quick Reply