Apr 05, 2013, 02:24 PM
hey guy's just a quick question regarding Failsafe. I was doing ground testing today and went full throttle with the control sticks in the neutral position. Then, I turned on Autopilot and set the failsafe on my Dragonlink. I guess what I'm trying to get at is, will the throttle automatically adjust itself up to and including full throttle if failsafe were to occur? I have selected the option where DOSD controls throttle.But I just want to make sure that this will not take my throttle to being at full all the time when engaged in AP, but rather will use throttle up to full to maintain speed and altitude.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 05, 2013, 02:31 PM
So I tried searching for the solution to turning off the master warning and I couldn't find it. I initially tried entering the menu screen and exiting out... and this didn't get rid of it. Then, I tried using the SW button and had no luck with that either. I've tried to look through the forums/threads but I haven't found a solution. Maybe there is a solution and I'm just not seeing it. Anyone have some further suggestions?

Many thanks
Apr 05, 2013, 03:40 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRC
Hi all, (DOSD newbie!)

Just wondering if anyone had a similar thing happen, I am still testing out my RTH and getting it set up.

So I was at a reasonable distance and height, flicked on the RTH, then the plane just started spiraling. Flew around again, flicked it on, same thing. Ailerons just kick in, and it starts a nasty little spiral dive.

Any ideas?!
like the others said, if the AP turn is too aggressive and you roll too much you will start to lose lift and height. As you lose altitude the elevator will try to pull up but will of course just be tightening the spiral making the whole thing worse. Turn it all down, start again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVIATION_RULZ
hey guy's just a quick question regarding Failsafe. I was doing ground testing today and went full throttle with the control sticks in the neutral position. Then, I turned on Autopilot and set the failsafe on my Dragonlink. I guess what I'm trying to get at is, will the throttle automatically adjust itself up to and including full throttle if failsafe were to occur? I have selected the option where DOSD controls throttle.But I just want to make sure that this will not take my throttle to being at full all the time when engaged in AP, but rather will use throttle up to full to maintain speed and altitude.
TBH most of us on here use Dragon Link so we don't use the built-in failsafe settings. As I understand it you have done the correct thing for a receiver with no failsafe but bear in mind that when you disconnect the receiver while you fiddle with the plane, you risk full throttle and fewer fingers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamjames
So I tried searching for the solution to turning off the master warning and I couldn't find it. I initially tried entering the menu screen and exiting out... and this didn't get rid of it. Then, I tried using the SW button and had no luck with that either. I've tried to look through the forums/threads but I haven't found a solution. Maybe there is a solution and I'm just not seeing it. Anyone have some further suggestions?

Many thanks
From the manual:
Apr 05, 2013, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash
From the manual:
Thanks Mike. But as I mentioned, I've explored both of these avenues with no success.
Apr 05, 2013, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Thanks Mike. But as I mentioned, I've explored both of these avenues with no success.
what is it you are trying to do?

main menu>GPS and alert settings>Master warning on/off ?
Apr 05, 2013, 04:52 PM
Quote:
what is it you are trying to do?

main menu>GPS and alert settings>Master warning on/off ?
Well, basically what I'm trying to achieve is turning off the master warning that shows up in the middle of my screen. It usually comes on with my Voltage 1 or 2 battery drops below a predetermined value. So what's happening in my case is that when the master warning comes on, I can't seem to turn it off by entering menu or using the SW button. Those are the only to options listed in the manual and so I'm trying to figure out why it's not working for me.
Apr 05, 2013, 05:00 PM
Dixie Normious
when you hit the momitary button, (I assigned mine to my trainer button). do you see a little pop menu just above the Voltage2 menu? Sorry if i missed you saying you do.
Apr 05, 2013, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Well, basically what I'm trying to achieve is turning off the master warning that shows up in the middle of my screen. It usually comes on with my Voltage 1 or 2 battery drops below a predetermined value. So what's happening in my case is that when the master warning comes on, I can't seem to turn it off by entering menu or using the SW button. Those are the only to options listed in the manual and so I'm trying to figure out why it's not working for me.
I think if the voltage dips below the threshold again, the warning will be re-activated. Perhaps the manual is badly worded.
Apr 05, 2013, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78
when you hit the momitary button, (I assigned mine to my trainer button). do you see a little pop menu just above the Voltage2 menu? Sorry if i missed you saying you do.
Seeing how I don't know what a "pop menu" is, I'll assume that I'm not seeing it.
Apr 05, 2013, 06:20 PM
Quote:
I think if the voltage dips below the threshold again, the warning will be re-activated. Perhaps the manual is badly worded.
According to the manual, once it triggers the low voltage alarm, and if you were to turn it off using the above mentioned methods, the low voltage alarm should not re-trigger whats it's been turned off. Only the RSSI value will re-trigger.
Apr 05, 2013, 06:48 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Seeing how I don't know what a "pop menu" is, I'll assume that I'm not seeing it.
The 'pop up' is the assist screen...mAh/km reading. It is only activated by the SW switch. If you're not seeing it then your SW might not be assigned properly.

I have had times when the master Warning wouldn't clear before. I don't rightly recall what the trigger was now. I didn't consider it a game changer as I could fly just fine with the Warning flashing. Most times a simple SW switch or in and out of the Menu takes care of the Warning.
Apr 05, 2013, 07:08 PM
I know some are flying with a KK 2.0 board with OpenAero, but the question (which I know involves some MCU soldering) is:
Can a HK KK 2.0 board be used as an IMU?

It can perform stabilization and auto-leveling, but I'd like to see an artificial horizon in the DOSD screen.
Is it possible?
Apr 05, 2013, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic
The 'pop up' is the assist screen...mAh/km reading. It is only activated by the SW switch. If you're not seeing it then your SW might not be assigned properly.

I have had times when the master Warning wouldn't clear before. I don't rightly recall what the trigger was now. I didn't consider it a game changer as I could fly just fine with the Warning flashing. Most times a simple SW switch or in and out of the Menu takes care of the Warning.
oh okay, in that case, yes, I do see the mAh/km reading when I trigger the SW. But again, that doesn't get rid of the Warning and neither does entering the menu.
Apr 05, 2013, 07:57 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipy
I know some are flying with a KK 2.0 board with OpenAero, but the question (which I know involves some MCU soldering) is:
Can a HK KK 2.0 board be used as an IMU?

It can perform stabilization and auto-leveling, but I'd like to see an artificial horizon in the DOSD screen.
Is it possible?
Probably not unless you know how to go in and hack up some firmware to get the systems to talk somehow. Why? ...'cause most of these IMU's weren't even around when DOSD was developed so there's no way to incorporate everything this has been, will be developed since DOSD development.
Apr 05, 2013, 07:59 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVIATION_RULZ
oh okay, in that case, yes, I do see the mAh/km reading when I trigger the SW. But again, that doesn't get rid of the Warning and neither does entering the menu.
What version f/w do you have installed? Try a different version to see if it continues...or just reload the firmware you currently have installed. It could just be a firmware glitch. Normally my Warnings do clear, but there are times when it hasn't...I hasn't been enough of an issue for me to really dig into what causes the Warning to not clear.

Quick Reply