Feb 21, 2013, 06:01 PM
hey whats burning?
metalbender4by's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Never heard of SNOW peas!?
Yea and winter wheat...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 22, 2013, 10:40 AM
FPV FTW!!
Ok ok, but Dragon Tracks! Me want Dragon Tracks!!!
Feb 22, 2013, 10:56 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexnoobs247 View Post
Ok ok, but Dragon Tracks! Me want Dragon Tracks!!!
Me too. Virgis popped in once a while back but no word yet. I'd like to have it for this summer. Need a DT's thread, if it ever gets released.
Feb 22, 2013, 08:58 PM
Cable ties & ductape
DodgeRC's Avatar
Any FrSky users; I'm looking at getting the option to use the DOSD menu, but the manual says I need a PPM signal to access and navigate the menu, my Receiver is the V8FR-II.
Also I have connected to the PC it as it states in the manual using a "USB 2.0 TO RS232 Converter UART TTL Serial" it registers it as being on COM3, but fails to connect in PC Commander

Anyone have any ideas?!
Feb 22, 2013, 09:39 PM
Gravity - It's the law
Yabba's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRC View Post
Any FrSky users; I'm looking at getting the option to use the DOSD menu, but the manual says I need a PPM signal to access and navigate the menu, my Receiver is the V8FR-II.
Also I have connected to the PC it as it states in the manual using a "USB 2.0 TO RS232 Converter UART TTL Serial" it registers it as being on COM3, but fails to connect in PC Commander

Anyone have any ideas?!
The DOSD needs to be powered if you haven't already. It doesn't get any power thru the USB port

Yabba
Feb 23, 2013, 04:45 AM
Cable ties & ductape
DodgeRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabba View Post
The DOSD needs to be powered if you haven't already. It doesn't get any power thru the USB port

Yabba
Cheers Yabba, however I've had it set-up so it shows on the my fpv monitor, and then plug it in, yet still nothing. It says connection failed. I have connected the 'Gnd, Txd & Rxd'
Feb 23, 2013, 08:22 AM
Cable ties & ductape
DodgeRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRC View Post
Cheers Yabba, however I've had it set-up so it shows on the my fpv monitor, and then plug it in, yet still nothing. It says connection failed. I have connected the 'Gnd, Txd & Rxd'
Ok, my fault, I was unaware that the DOSD needed Vtx and Flight battery connected in order to connect to the PC.
Feb 23, 2013, 09:06 AM
9W2DLR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRC View Post
Ok, my fault, I was unaware that the DOSD needed Vtx and Flight battery connected in order to connect to the PC.
you don't need vtx connected, you just need to power it in someway like removing jumper and power it via a small 3s lipo pack like doing 2 batt setup
Feb 23, 2013, 12:04 PM
Cable ties & ductape
DodgeRC's Avatar
Sorry that was what I meant, needed 2 lots of batteries connected before it showed up on the PC, =]
Feb 23, 2013, 05:59 PM
Cable ties & ductape
DodgeRC's Avatar
Can anyone shed some light on PPM?
Im using the FrSky V8FR-II w/ the DJT Module in the 9x.
Can I use this to operate the DOSD menu?
Feb 23, 2013, 06:54 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
MikeTheCrash's Avatar
Hi Dodge I just had a quick look at the manual for your Rx and there's no mention of PPM output, though I think (no experience here) you can get different firmware versions so maybe there is a fix out there.

if you don't find a fix for it, there's always the PPM encoder http://www.dragonlabseu.bigcartel.co...ct/ppm-encoder

m.

PS go to sleep!!
Feb 23, 2013, 06:58 PM
9W2DLR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRC View Post
Can anyone shed some light on PPM?
Im using the FrSky V8FR-II w/ the DJT Module in the 9x.
Can I use this to operate the DOSD menu?
that rx doea not have ppm, my personal favorite is d4fr-II there is another 7 channel rx for frsky that have ppm cant remember the model best to check frsky website for new products
Feb 23, 2013, 08:38 PM
Cable ties & ductape
DodgeRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by skellator View Post
that rx doea not have ppm, my personal favorite is d4fr-II there is another 7 channel rx for frsky that have ppm cant remember the model best to check frsky website for new products
Cheers Skell =]

I've seen the D8R-II PLUS which can be re-flashed to output CPPM,
It's a rightt pain as i've had no issues with Frsky =]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash View Post
Hi Dodge I just had a quick look at the manual for your Rx and there's no mention of PPM output, though I think (no experience here) you can get different firmware versions so maybe there is a fix out there.

if you don't find a fix for it, there's always the PPM encoder http://www.dragonlabseu.bigcartel.co...ct/ppm-encoder

m.

PS go to sleep!!
Cheers Mike, didn't want to nag you haha =P

I'll check the receiver mentioned above and if that doesn't work, ill try the encoder! Setting up for the basics was nice and easy, for anything more it aint half complicated! haha

Dodge

( I will when this DOSD is sorted =P )
Feb 24, 2013, 05:47 AM
Registered User
When adjusting my gain knob, should i be seeing the value of auto-stab change in the menu or is it all done in the background?

I can see the value changing in the diagnositc screen ok.

edit - its ok I found it, thanks to Van, again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
You'd have to go in to the menu to adjust the max stab setting. Your gain slider/knob varies between zero and whatever max you have set. Try setting the gain to something like 10 with a half way slider position and try again. If you're flying in smooth air you may not notice much difference. If you're in windy/bumpy conditions the gain difference will probably show up more. For me, I don't really use it.
Last edited by allfiredup; Feb 24, 2013 at 06:16 AM.
Feb 24, 2013, 06:16 AM
Registered User
Pixturethis's Avatar
Anyone know if thee is away to move the characters in a little bit from the edges of the screen ?
Only on my headplays can I see the very edge of the screen, but on the monitor I fly with I'm missing about half of the characters.

Marc


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Dragon OSD Level Flight FPV Talk 22 Dec 31, 2013 08:08 PM
For Sale New Intelligent Flight Dragon OSD bfischer Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 7 Jul 19, 2010 11:56 AM
Discussion FS Ready to fly Intelligent Flight Dragon OSD bfischer FPV Talk 0 Mar 03, 2010 05:57 AM
Discussion RV OSD or Dragon OSD djdaveq FPV Talk 1 Feb 06, 2009 12:18 AM
Discussion RV OSD and Dragon OSD - so near to being Really good! magnetman FPV Talk 8 Nov 11, 2008 05:13 AM