Feb 05, 2013, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper7821
Save the headache of having wires and a computer whenever you want to fiddle with the Dragon OSD.
This is money well spent, especially since you can adjust everything at the field. Even while flying if you stay within the range.

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=992
Agreed. I would have bought it already if they had iOS support. I'm not willing to buy another phone or tablet just for this.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 05, 2013, 12:20 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
I use DC with my internal laptop bluetooth as well. Works great if you really want the desktop gui.
Feb 05, 2013, 12:27 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Freas
Agreed. I would have bought it already if they had iOS support. I'm not willing to buy another phone or tablet just for this.
Andi was trying to make an iOS version of Dragon Commander. Of course the expensive and proprietary Apple system interferred with his ability to release anything. Bummer... Apple strikes again. When I told my wife what it would take to change the battery in her iPhone she rolled her eyes too. I imagine her next phone won't be Apple.
Feb 05, 2013, 12:28 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66
I use DC with my internal laptop bluetooth as well. Works great if you really want the desktop gui.
I hadn't tried this. So the DC dongle will work with PC Commander?
Feb 05, 2013, 12:29 PM
Quote:
totally understand.
Feb 05, 2013, 01:29 PM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
DOSD cases back in stock at Dragonlabs.eu :P.

CJ
Feb 05, 2013, 01:34 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023
DOSD cases back in stock at Dragonlabs.eu :P.

CJ
but not at RMRC... Shipping from EU is killing me on one off orders...

Chris
Feb 05, 2013, 01:52 PM
Quote:

Chris
Not sure if he could produce enough to batch ship some to sell from RMRC. I took measurments of my OSD and sent them to a local guy I fly with you has a 3d printer. Should have something before the weekend.
Feb 05, 2013, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Not sure if he could produce enough to batch ship some to sell from RMRC. I took measurments of my OSD and sent them to a local guy I fly with you has a 3d printer. Should have something before the weekend.
I wouldn't mind getting one, I now have mine wrapped in tool box liner.
It would be nice to get my quad looking cleaner.
Feb 05, 2013, 05:44 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
Quote:

Chris
I can send you some for £3 (approx 5 USD) postage but not signed for/tracked
Feb 05, 2013, 06:19 PM
Edited because I'm a idiot.

OSD works!
Last edited by Mike Freas; Feb 05, 2013 at 07:01 PM.
Feb 05, 2013, 07:18 PM
After a few months of distractions I finally have time to complete the commissioning of the DOSD on my Easystar II.

I am currently configuring the autopilot/RTH features.

With autopilot enabled and Waypoint Mode set to HOLD the aircraft happily returns to me and circles at approximately the set distance, however the altitude control system does not seem to be active. Rather than dropping to the set altitude (50m) once it reaches the hit distance it continues to climb steadily (to more than 100m and beyond if I don't intervene).

I have APROCGAIN set to 50, ROC limit 10, ROC step gain 3 and Max Altitude Change 10m. Descent mode is set to 1.

What am I missing here?
Feb 05, 2013, 08:37 PM
Ok guys. After more than four hours here is where I stand.

Modified my current harness to incorporate the OSD.

Connected my camera, Tx, PPM from the DL (ch 12, V1 Rx V2 firmware), and the RSSI. Power the Radio Tx on the the DL Rx. With that and my Vtx powered I get video output. Power my OSD, get startup tones, it runs its checks and I have total time and voltage.

Now my problems.

1. soldered the connectors on the current sensor and tried to power the OSD via this way (with the jumper installed between the middle and inboard pin per the instructions. Doing this I get no OSD power. Now this is a stupid question but I shouldn't have to have the ESC connected also right? I verified my soldering was good with a multimeter.

2. I assigned channel 5 to the left slider on my HiTech A9 per the instructions. Adjusted the end points to 100 each way. After doing this I am unable to access the OSD menu regardless of the slider position or any switch. At one point I was able to get the OSD to read "AP off" and "warming" by flipping my gear switch but after resetting all channels I can no longer do it.

So, I guess tomorrow Ill struggle to get the TTL working so I can access the OSD menus and get it setup.

Tis is the mess I made.
Feb 05, 2013, 08:39 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Edited because I'm a idiot.

OSD works!
Your not an idiot. Sometime it just takes a while to get these new fangled type of toys figured out. Did you resolve your FTDI issue? I'm hoping so as PC Commander is wonderful for getting the DOSD set up. I did mine the hard way...via the Tx. I quickly picked up an FTDI after that.
Feb 05, 2013, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic
Your not an idiot. Sometime it just takes a while to get these new fangled type of toys figured out. Did you resolve your FTDI issue? I'm hoping so as PC Commander is wonderful for getting the DOSD set up. I did mine the hard way...via the Tx. I quickly picked up an FTDI after that.
Nope. Spent the night getting it to work. See post above. Hopefully ill get it working tomorrow.

Quick Reply