Jan 27, 2013, 04:56 PM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
1.65f is an enormous amount of power to store. I would go for 1000uf at the most, brownouts only tend to happen for nanoseconds. If it lasts longer than that I think you have bigger problems :P

CJ
to remove ads between posts
Jan 27, 2013, 05:10 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023
1.65f is an enormous amount of power to store. I would go for 1000uf at the most, brownouts only tend to happen for nanoseconds. If it lasts longer than that I think you have bigger problems :P

CJ
yes, the super caps are only 1g each for .33f but their output is low, this combined with the two 1000uf provides rock solid power

so now i just need similar setups for the OSD...
Jan 27, 2013, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADUS63
I would just say that the more things you add, the more weakness points / cause of trouble you add.

If just a cap become shorted, it's all the system that would be out of order...

Cedric
so far all of the capacitors are directly soldered to the equipment, epoxied on and then shrink-wrapped. the chance of a short is lower than the chance of a brownout.

Chris
Jan 28, 2013, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66
so far all of the capacitors are directly soldered to the equipment, epoxied on and then shrink-wrapped. the chance of a short is lower than the chance of a brownout.

Chris
So let us now how it goes.

I have changed mine for going in my penguin, and when configuring it (changing value of OSD) using video, I have some reboot, but may be it's normal...

Cedric
Jan 28, 2013, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADUS63
So let us now how it goes.

I have changed mine for going in my penguin, and when configuring it (changing value of OSD) using video, I have some reboot, but may be it's normal...

Cedric
I haven't seen reboots but I have seen twitching servos and glitches in video. Probably from the CPU focusing on writing data to memory.

Chris
Jan 29, 2013, 03:24 AM
is XLator support FY- DoS ?
look like FY-DoS IMU more stable..
Jan 29, 2013, 05:15 AM
I have a DLUHF/DOSD setup on my Easystar II controlled from an Er9x. The camera pan/tilt servos are operated by pots on the Er9x using two channels of the DL receiver.

While there is very occasional chatter in the rudder/elevator/aileron servos, the chatter in the pan and tilt servos is constant and sufficient to be a nuisance in the video image.

Is this an Er9x issue or is something else triggering the noise such as the BEC powering the receiver?

Any suggestions?
Jan 29, 2013, 05:40 AM
FPV addicted
I solved such a servo noise by adding a ferrite ring on the PPM cable coming from the RX (I have FrSky). The issue was removed instantly.
Jan 29, 2013, 08:11 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehari
I have a DLUHF/DOSD setup on my Easystar II controlled from an Er9x. The camera pan/tilt servos are operated by pots on the Er9x using two channels of the DL receiver.

While there is very occasional chatter in the rudder/elevator/aileron servos, the chatter in the pan and tilt servos is constant and sufficient to be a nuisance in the video image.

Is this an Er9x issue or is something else triggering the noise such as the BEC powering the receiver?

Any suggestions?
What servos and video freq are you using? I had servo chatter issues with cheap (HXT-9G) servos and 900MHz VTX. I replaced them with higher quality servos (Spektrum/HS-55 type) and the chatter disappeared.
Jan 29, 2013, 08:12 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippojia
is XLator support FY- DoS ?
look like FY-DoS IMU more stable..
Dunno... I use the XLator with the FY-30 just fine. Never heard of the FY-DoS.
Jan 29, 2013, 11:55 AM
FY-DOS is a full autopilot system .. not just an IMU ..

So probably doesn't make sense anyway to connect them to each other since DragonOSD has it's own autopilot.
Jan 29, 2013, 02:51 PM
Koo
Koo
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurebreeze
I solved such a servo noise by adding a ferrite ring on the PPM cable coming from the RX (I have FrSky). The issue was removed instantly.
Just curious, what FrSky receiver do you have and how do you get PPM from FrSky?
Jan 29, 2013, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic
What servos and video freq are you using? I had servo chatter issues with cheap (HXT-9G) servos and 900MHz VTX. I replaced them with higher quality servos (Spektrum/HS-55 type) and the chatter disappeared.
I have Hitec HS65's on the pan/tilt and MPX Nano-S's for surface control. I have tried swapping around with other servos (Spektrum and INO HG-D202HB's) but the chatter does not change.

The chatter is there without the VTX connected.

Before I split the fuselage again to try a ferrite ring on the PPM line, any other thoughts?
Jan 29, 2013, 03:43 PM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
Braid your servo leads and ESC leads. And your PPM one for that matter. It might reduce the cable length a bit but it helps massively with em interference.

CJ
Jan 29, 2013, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by koo29
Just curious, what FrSky receiver do you have and how do you get PPM from FrSky?
all of the new telemetry ones have CPPM... works great even the little 4ch one has CPPM and RSSI output!

Chris

Quick Reply