Jan 13, 2013, 11:12 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
Thanks Van...saves the day...once again ;0)

you know ive read/skim read the manual 3-4 times now, actually have it printed off and in a binder and still over look stuff...

now on to trying to install the new OrangeRX 3 Axis gyro V2... tried the other night. Is there anything special you need to do when installed a "stand alone'' gyro?

It has delta mixing. I tried changing the DOSD setting to AIL 1 and 2 and let the gyro do the mixing, then reverting back to the the DOSD mixing which works. Something quirky about it thoguh. It has On/off feature via the aux. I assigned gear and found a ch on the Dragon RX outputting AUX but got a weird pulse from the servos. I need to do more testing...

I know DOSD does have its own stabilizer of sorts, but i was hoping the Orange version would be more of a easier application vs programming the OSD and having the option to turn on/off.

I think im the first to try configuring this gyro to the DOSD, so Google isnt showing much lol
You're on your own there...good luck and let us know what works out.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 13, 2013, 11:26 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakelp86 View Post
Oh crap I did the same since u had one white left
maybe carlos will save the day and drop off some black ones monday

Chris
Jan 14, 2013, 04:54 AM
SILURIA / UK
Nice one Virgis - been waiting for a long time. Pretty much ever since the first DOSD v1 came out !

Will there be uncased cheaper versions too? I have a Tracker station already made up that has been waiting patiently. Currently it runs EZtracker. Was hoping to run both via a couple of enabling switches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgis21 View Post
Can't say much about prices yet, depends on volume we will start up with, manufacturing cost and etc. So will know just before it starts. Don't want to predict in wrong way, so lets wait a little bit

Virgis
Jan 14, 2013, 11:24 AM
Will it ever Fly?
[QUOTE=hththt;23802544]Does anyone have the link for the case? I remembered seeing it in this thread a few weeks back but I can't seem to search for it now. I googled and found one by madlab. Was that the one?[QUOTE]

Well I have the madlab one and like it. had it for 3 months now.
Interesting the site still says "Pre-order"
Jan 15, 2013, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgis21 View Post
The case looks nice, but it is just too expensive ($21 USD, including shipping) for a piece of 3D printed plastic.

I just installed my DOSD, saw this case, and decided to build my own DOSD protective case (photo attached) for under $1 using Elmer's foam board, super glue, and electrical tape. The DOSD board fits snugly, is protected, and the case is lightweight/strong.
Last edited by 2MacGyver; Feb 26, 2013 at 05:54 PM.
Jan 15, 2013, 04:35 PM
I'm currently trying to configure my DOSD using the updated PC Commander software and an FTDI/USB connector (photos attached). I've got the DOSD connected by Tx/Rx/Ground, and the software says it can't connect. I've tried several different cables and connections (using DOSD manual), and still no luck. Any suggestions?
Last edited by 2MacGyver; Feb 26, 2013 at 05:44 PM.
Jan 15, 2013, 06:03 PM
Will it ever Fly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MacGyver View Post
I'm currently trying to configure my DOSD using the updated PC Commander software and an FTDI/USB connector (photos attached). I've got the DOSD connected by Tx/Rx/Ground, and the software says it can't connect. I've tried several different cables and connections (using DOSD manual), and still no luck. Any suggestions?
You do have the TX on the DOSD to the RX on your computer.
and RX on the OSD on the TX on your computer.
Jan 15, 2013, 06:06 PM
Has anybody tried this 9DOF MPU? Seems like a better alternative to the recommended 9DOF from SF.

Daniel, it would be awesome if you could incorporate or even support the MPU-9150 with DragonOSD.
-Thanks
Jan 15, 2013, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckSum View Post
Has anybody tried this 9DOF MPU? Seems like a better alternative to the recommended 9DOF from SF.

Daniel, it would be awesome if you could incorporate or even support the MPU-9150 with DragonOSD.
-Thanks
I asked that before... It has different signals than the one they recommend. so a change in firmware would be required...

Chris
Jan 15, 2013, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66 View Post
I asked that before... It has different signals than the one they recommend. so a change in firmware would be required...

Chris
Thanks Chris
Maybe someday?
Jan 15, 2013, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Thanks Chris
Maybe someday?
probably not once DOSD hit its maturity, most developments stopped.
Jan 15, 2013, 08:52 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Thanks Chris
Maybe someday?
I think the biggest restrictions on the DOSD now is the available memory is pretty much full. Everyone want's a different IMU to be adaptable. I think it's come to the point of 'here's what's available and that's it'. There's really only two reasons I see where an IMU is needed: 1) When you want and AHI display, 2) You're mounting on an inherently unstable airplane. The DOSD without an IMU does a WONDERFUL job of stabilization and AP control as is.
Jan 15, 2013, 08:53 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MacGyver View Post
Did you power your DOSD via the power pins? The FTDI connection does not power the DOSD.
Jan 15, 2013, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Did you power your DOSD via the power pins? The FTDI connection does not power the DOSD.
Finally figured it out.

Apparently the DOSD needs to be powered up first, then connected to PC Commander. I (incorrectly) presumed that the USB would be providing power to the DOSD card. Thanks Van!
Last edited by 2MacGyver; Feb 26, 2013 at 09:39 PM.
Jan 15, 2013, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
I think the biggest restrictions on the DOSD now is the available memory is pretty much full. Everyone want's a different IMU to be adaptable. I think it's come to the point of 'here's what's available and that's it'. There's really only two reasons I see where an IMU is needed: 1) When you want and AHI display, 2) You're mounting on an inherently unstable airplane. The DOSD without an IMU does a WONDERFUL job of stabilization and AP control as is.
Thanks Van,
I didn't know DOSD memory was full. I guess that explains why such a seemingly easy modification for the Dragon devs to implement has not been done. Makes sense.

Quick Reply