Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
Old Sep 10, 2012, 06:40 AM
Virgis21 is offline
Find More Posts by Virgis21
FPV flyer
Virgis21's Avatar
Hey Guys,

I am looking for ArduIMU v3 owner who can test modified firmware work with DOSD+ in the air?
If anyone can do that, send me PM. I am overloaded at the moment to fly

Virgis
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 07:39 AM
rotormonkey is offline
Find More Posts by rotormonkey
Registered User
rotormonkey's Avatar
Nope, not the peak values, just the GPS coordinates. That's exactly why I wanted them, so I knew where my plane went in should I end up in the dirt. If it kicks in at lower altitudes, then that makes perfect sense. Thanks guys!
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:27 AM
Vantasstic is offline
Find More Posts by Vantasstic
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Vantasstic's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotormonkey View Post
Nope, not the peak values, just the GPS coordinates. That's exactly why I wanted them, so I knew where my plane went in should I end up in the dirt. If it kicks in at lower altitudes, then that makes perfect sense. Thanks guys!
Set the alt ratio to 20 (max) and the coordinates will always show...no matter how close/far/high/low.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:57 PM
rotormonkey is offline
Find More Posts by rotormonkey
Registered User
rotormonkey's Avatar
I would happily do that... Except that I don't currently have any way to play with the settings. Sooner or later I'll get an FTDI cable, or figure out how to get the PPM out of my receiver. Until then, I'm stuck using default settings.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:59 PM
flyandi is offline
Find More Posts by flyandi
Registered User
You always can get the DragonCommander :-)
Old Sep 10, 2012, 01:13 PM
rotormonkey is offline
Find More Posts by rotormonkey
Registered User
rotormonkey's Avatar
Haha.. I thought of that too, and it looks swanky. Sadly my phone is too old and crappy to run it
Old Sep 10, 2012, 01:37 PM
flyandi is offline
Find More Posts by flyandi
Registered User
What kind of phone do you have?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:18 PM
viper522 is offline
Find More Posts by viper522
Registered User
My Easy Star spent about 30 minutes upside down in a pond yesterday, maiden flight, maiden pilot. Luckily the DL RX and DOSD were low in the belly, so they were well above the water level while it (slowly) floated to shore.

After blowing out the DOSD with compressed air and leaving it in a cup of uncooked rice for ~5 hours, I am ecstatic to report that not only does it still function, but it shows no sign of corrosion and I was even able to pull the GPS log KML file off. The DL RX also showed no sign of corrosion. But the VTX and BEC look a little cruddy.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:23 PM
erkq is online now
Find More Posts by erkq
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper522 View Post
My Easy Star spent about 30 minutes upside down in a pond yesterday, maiden flight, maiden pilot. Luckily the DL RX and DOSD were low in the belly, so they were well above the water level while it (slowly) floated to shore.

After blowing out the DOSD with compressed air and leaving it in a cup of uncooked rice for ~5 hours, I am ecstatic to report that not only does it still function, but it shows no sign of corrosion and I was even able to pull the GPS log KML file off. The DL RX also showed no sign of corrosion. But the VTX and BEC look a little cruddy.
"Maiden pilot"?? One of the first rules of FPV is that you should learn to fly RC by LOS first, and then attempt FPV. There are many reasons. First, you don't have unnecessary extra expense as you crash learning to fly. Second, airplanes fly easier with lighter wing loading. Second, orientation is actually easier LOS. And there are other reasons too... Start at the beginning!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:31 PM
viper522 is offline
Find More Posts by viper522
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
"Maiden pilot"?? One of the first rules of FPV is that you should learn to fly RC by LOS first, and then attempt FPV. There are many reasons. First, you don't have unnecessary extra expense as you crash learning to fly. Second, airplanes fly easier with lighter wing loading. Second, orientation is actually easier LOS. And there are other reasons too... Start at the beginning!
Yup, I went full retard and flew on a really windy day surrounded by 80ft tall pine trees and water on two sides. Others should learn from my dumb decision. The FPV camera is at the bottom of the pond! LOL I don't really regret it, because it was what I wanted to do in the moment, after weeks of building and tweaking the plane. I'm not one for incremental success, which may thin my wallet in the end, but that's my decision. Despite having it loaded with FPV gear, I did fly it LOS to a max of 300ft alt and 900ft range. I was doing fine until the wind wouldn't let me turn and pushed it downwind, then it stalled and lost altitude which put it below the trees. Glad I recorded it at the GS.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:44 PM
Firatp is offline
Find More Posts by Firatp
Registered User
Firatp's Avatar
I could connect 3 sensors at one time with pictured gadget.
I connected barometric, airspeed and FY30 translator at the same time. All of them run perfect.

I bought it from fpvcenter.com

Cheers
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347306243.690927.jpg
Views: 92
Size: 48.1 KB
Description:
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:47 PM
fixandflydan is offline
Find More Posts by fixandflydan
Registered User
fixandflydan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyandi View Post
Oh man - I had no time to fly this weekend :-( really sad!
That's the saddest thing I've ever heard! Oh, has the fly-in been moved to the 29th?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:50 PM
viper522 is offline
Find More Posts by viper522
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firatp View Post
I could connect 3 sensors at one time with pictured gadget.
I connected barometric, airspeed and FY30 translator at the same time. All of them run perfect.

I bought it from fpvcenter.com

Cheers
Attachment 5145938
That's sweet, thanks for the idea.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:52 PM
flyandi is offline
Find More Posts by flyandi
Registered User
Yes meeting has been moved to the 29th!
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:54 PM
erkq is online now
Find More Posts by erkq
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper522 View Post
...
I was doing fine until the wind wouldn't let me turn and pushed it downwind, then it stalled and lost altitude which put it below the trees.
...
The wind had nothing to do with your inability to turn and your stall. The plane has no idea it's in wind when it's flying. The plane got far away from you and it was heavy. But you'd know this if you got some flying experience first. You're just fighting yourself trying to learn this way.

I wish you luck, really. But sometimes people who don't want to learn from other's experience quit the hobby in frustration. I hope you are able to persevere! It's a fun hobby!
RCG Plus Member


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Dragon OSD Level Flight FPV Talk 22 Dec 31, 2013 09:08 PM
For Sale New Intelligent Flight Dragon OSD bfischer Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 7 Jul 19, 2010 12:56 PM
Discussion FS Ready to fly Intelligent Flight Dragon OSD bfischer FPV Talk 0 Mar 03, 2010 06:57 AM
Discussion RV OSD or Dragon OSD djdaveq FPV Talk 1 Feb 06, 2009 01:18 AM
Discussion RV OSD and Dragon OSD - so near to being Really good! magnetman FPV Talk 8 Nov 11, 2008 06:13 AM