Mar 21, 2012, 01:16 PM
Thanks rex .

Is it possible tu use aileron , rudder and elev for the ap ?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 21, 2012, 01:26 PM
FPV FTW!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by totonor
Thanks rex .

Is it possible tu use aileron , rudder and elev for the ap ?
Yes, its possible to use up to four channels of whatever you want for the AP. Just be careful to set them up and test them properly, or you will end up with a plane like mine (see a couple pages back) lol.

BTW I'm going to do a ground test today with the DL Rx in a vehicle driving away from my house to see the range results I get with just the DL Rx
Mar 21, 2012, 01:34 PM
Ok but , the ap can't use these three channel at the same time ?

It's only aileron+elev or elev+rudder ?

Correct ?

Thanks
Mar 21, 2012, 01:38 PM
FPV FTW!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by totonor
Ok but , the ap can't use these three channel at the same time ?

It's only aileron+elev or elev+rudder ?

Correct ?

Thanks
I think it can use Ail + Elev + Rud all at the same time, including throttle if you want it to. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can
Mar 21, 2012, 02:15 PM
Closed Account
deleted
Last edited by 999vertigo; May 21, 2012 at 06:08 PM.
Mar 21, 2012, 03:57 PM
Team Basement-RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexnoobs247
I think it can use Ail + Elev + Rud all at the same time, including throttle if you want it to. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can
The DOSD autopilot can be configured to use Elev + Ail or Elev + Ail + Rud. It all depends on how you set the "Rudder Mode". Here is what the manual says:

Rudder mode (default 0) Rudder mode determines rudder behavior in the following way:
0 – PASSTHROUGH (Your rudder inputs are used. AP does not control rudder)
1 – ENABLED (The DOSD+ will control the rudder and aileron when in autopilot mode)
2 – ENABLED, but reversed (same as above but rudder moves in opposite direction.)
Mar 21, 2012, 04:53 PM
Ok.. I am finished planning my FPV setup. Can somebody look over and check if I forgot something or the placements are wrong.

Thanks,

Andy
Mar 21, 2012, 04:53 PM
FPV FTW!!

DOSD Crash

Tracks, and everybody else, heres the video of my Sky Surfer going down. Once again, everything was set to go the right direction (control surfaces) all rate of climb settings were turned to 0 so it shouldn't have changed altitude. I'm going to try to retrieve the config file from it next. Can you guys tell me any ideas what may have gone wrong from this video?

Epic Sky Surfer Crash with Dragon Link and DOSD v2 (1 min 41 sec)
Mar 21, 2012, 05:03 PM
FPV FTW!!
I'm really sorry to take up all the space here lol, but here is the config file you asked for Tracks. Also if this post goes to the next page, my video is on the page previous lol. Thanks in advance everyone for your help, I will be doing a full, ground range test today with what remains of the aircraft in a car driving away from me with just the Dragon Link to see what kind of range I get.

Heres the config file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
-<ConfigurationSettings> <FileInfo ClientSoftwareVersion="2.11" OSDFirmwareVersion="17.3" Settings="99" Date="2012-03-21 17:59"/> <DISPV1 Type="ONOFFV" Value="ON"/> <DISPCS Type="ONOFFV" Value="ON"/> <DISPGSP Type="ONOFFV" Value="ON"/> <DISPVSI Type="ONOFFV" Value="ON"/> <DISPAIRT Type="ONOFFV" Value="OFF"/> <DISPAUXT Type="ONOFFV" Value="OFF"/> <DISPTM Type="ONOFFV" Value="ON"/> <DISPDST Type="ONOFFV" Value="ON"/> <GPMODE Type="INTEGERV" Value="2"/> <CMPSTYLE Type="INTEGERV" Value="5"/> <HRZSTYLE Type="INTEGERV" Value="0"/> <VARIO Type="ONOFFV" Value="OFF"/> <OSDMODE Type="INTEGERV" Value="1"/> <SPDSTYLE Type="INTEGERV" Value="1"/> <ALTSTYLE Type="INTEGERV" Value="1"/> <NOBORD Type="ONOFFV" Value="OFF"/> <MASTERWARN Type="ONOFFV" Value="ON"/> <CTRLCHAN Type="OINTEGERV" Value="6"/> <AILCHAN Type="OINTEGERV" Value="1"/> <ELECHAN Type="OINTEGERV" Value="3"/> <RUDDCHAN Type="OINTEGERV" Value="4"/> <THROTCHAN Type="OINTEGERV" Value="2"/> <AIL2CHAN Type="OINTEGERV" Value="6"/> <FLAPCHAN Type="OINTEGERV" Value="15"/> <PANCHAN Type="OINTEGERV" Value="15"/> <TILTCHAN Type="OINTEGERV" Value="15"/> <SGAINCHAN Type="OINTEGERV" Value="15"/> <SWCHAN Type="OINTEGERV" Value="15"/> <RUDDIR Type="REVNORV" Value="NOR"/> <ELEDIR Type="REVNORV" Value="NOR"/> <PWM1 Type="SERVOV" Value="AIL1"/> <PWM2 Type="SERVOV" Value="THRO"/> <PWM3 Type="SERVOV" Value="ELEV"/> <PWM4 Type="SERVOV" Value="RUDD"/> <ELVMIX Type="INTEGERV" Value="0"/> <MELEDIR Type="REVNORV" Value="NOR"/> <MRUDDIR Type="REVNORV" Value="NOR"/> <FLAPSTYLE Type="INTEGERV" Value="0"/> <METRIC Type="ONOFFV" Value="ON"/> <LONLATSTYLE Type="INTEGERV" Value="0"/> <CALLSIGN Type="STRING" Value="KD8RBV"/> <RADIOMODE Type="RADIOV" Value="FUTABA"/> <DEVID Type="20" Value="1579"/> <MAHCUT Type="FLOATV" Value="1700"/> <V1CUT Type="FLOATV" Value="7"/> <V2CUT Type="FLOATV" Value="7"/> <IOFFSET Type="FLOATV" Value="0"/> <IMULT Type="FLOATV" Value="32.5"/> <V1MULT Type="FLOATV" Value="11.17"/> <V2MULT Type="FLOATV" Value="11.17"/> <V3MULT Type="FLOATV" Value="1.01"/> <MAHMULT Type="FLOATV" Value="1.354"/> <WHMULT Type="FLOATV" Value="1"/> <STALLSPD Type="FLOATV" Value="24"/> <SPEEDLOWLIMIT Type="FLOATV" Value="5"/> <CRUISEALT Type="FLOATV" Value="100"/> <GWPMODE Type="WPMODE" Value="VISIT"/> <HITDIST Type="FLOATV" Value="150"/> <APDSCND Type="INTEGERV" Value="1"/> <WPLON Type="FLOATV" Value="0"/> <WPLAT Type="FLOATV" Value="0"/> <WPALT Type="FLOATV" Value="0"/> <WPNAME Type="STRING" Value=""/> <WPSTAT Type="INTEGERV" Value="0"/> <WPMODE Type="INTEGERV" Value="0"/> <LOADWP Type="INTEGERV" Value="-1"/> <HMLON Type="FLOATV" Value="0"/> <HMLAT Type="FLOATV" Value="0"/> <HMALT Type="FLOATV" Value="0"/> <VHDOP Type="FLOATV" Value="5.14"/> <MINVALID Type="INTEGERV" Value="15"/> <GSLOPE Type="FLOATV" Value="0.2"/> <LOGPER Type="INTEGERV" Value="0"/> <DSTCUT Type="FLOATV" Value="1500"/> <ALTRATIO Type="FLOATV" Value="20"/> <APROTGAIN Type="FLOATV" Value="38"/> <ROTLIMIT Type="FLOATV" Value="30"/> <ROTSTEPGAIN Type="FLOATV" Value="2.5"/> <MAXHDGCHG Type="FLOATV" Value="45"/> <APROCGAIN Type="FLOATV" Value="0"/> <ROCLIMIT Type="FLOATV" Value="0"/> <ROCSTEPGAIN Type="FLOATV" Value="0"/> <MAXALTCHG Type="FLOATV" Value="10"/> <ASTABGAIN Type="FLOATV" Value="0"/> <GSTABGAIN Type="FLOATV" Value="0"/> <RSSIHIGH Type="FLOATV" Value="3"/> <RSSILOW Type="FLOATV" Value="0.5"/> <SAFEZX Type="INTEGERV" Value="4"/> <SAFEZY Type="INTEGERV" Value="4"/> <GPSPASS Type="INTEGERV" Value="0"/> <ATTLIM Type="FLOATV" Value="30"/> <ELENORM Type="INTEGERV" Value="0"/> <RUDDNORM Type="INTEGERV" Value="0"/> <CRUISESPD Type="FLOATV" Value="32"/> <THROTSTEP Type="INTEGERV" Value="0"/> <HAVEBATT Type="INTEGERV" Value="0"/> <THROTMODE Type="INTEGERV" Value="1"/> <RUDDMODE Type="INTEGERV" Value="2"/> <ZPSI Type="INTEGERV" Value="1638"/> </ConfigurationSettings>
If theres anything else I can post please let me know.
Mar 21, 2012, 05:31 PM
2 hours wasted tryin to connect my dosd to my pc with an eagle tree cable . Then i found the correct one in my cable box dumbass
Mar 21, 2012, 06:09 PM
Closed Account
deleted
Mar 21, 2012, 06:39 PM
Team Basement-RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexnoobs247
Tracks, and everybody else, heres the video of my Sky Surfer going down. Once again, everything was set to go the right direction (control surfaces) all rate of climb settings were turned to 0 so it shouldn't have changed altitude. I'm going to try to retrieve the config file from it next. Can you guys tell me any ideas what may have gone wrong from this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saqfOpMA-1s
Went through your config file. Everything looks fairly normal. When it went into failsafe, the plane turned in the correct direction. Do you know if it was a little nose heavy? With ROC set to 0, then plane couldn't pull up. If it was nose heavy, that would explain why it went into the ground.

If that is the case, then it appears that your DOSD basically worked exactly as it was configured. However that still doesn't explain why you lost signal in the first place.

Your RSSI values are the default. So at takeoff you had a RSSI voltage of about 1.88V. My takeoff voltage is 3.28v. What transmitter are you using, how is it attached to your DL transmitter and what voltage are you getting off the PPM line?
Mar 21, 2012, 06:47 PM
Team Basement-RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by 999vertigo
Why when i turn off my RTX only Dragon Link RX Fail Safe has been activated? DOSD A/P is doing nothing.
I have only a WARNING displayed that, must be the RSSI.All servos include throttle and ruder is connected to DOSD and active as should be.
When manually engage the A/P i can see is active on my monitor.Still the Throttle is stays idle on A/P mode 2.
Thx.
The DOSD does what it is told through the PPM stream from the DL Rx. If the DL Rx goes into failsafe, the DOSD doesn't know that. You need to set your DL Rx failsafe to include turning on AP. If you want the DOSD to control your throttle during a failsafe, then you have to set your DL failsafe to include the MAXIMUM amount of throttle you will allow it to use. If you don't want the DOSD to ever give more than 75% throttle, then set your failsafe to include 75% throttle.

BE CAREFUL WITH THIS. If you are ever working on your plane and power it up without the transmitter, it could go into failsafe and immediately increase throttle. If you're fairly new to the DOSD, I would recommend getting all your other settings working and familiar first, with Throttle mode set to 1, and then set it to 2 when you're ready.

The DOSD also has a separate failsafe setting. This is used if your Rx ever dies or your DOSD loses the PPM signal. This should be set the same as your Rx failsafe settings.
Mar 21, 2012, 07:32 PM
Closed Account
deleted
Mar 21, 2012, 07:39 PM
Hi guys,

A little more planning help for me please:

I want to run a temperature only sensor in my boat (baro not too useful there I think)

I understand the digital sensor works, and found posts on that, so I understand what type to get, etc.

However, I saw where Daniel Wee explained that dosd also supports analog sensors. I have some questions about these things:

1. Is it possible to have more than one temperate sensor connected and displayed on the screen at the same time? (ideally, I would like to have ambient temperature inside my hull as well as outside displayed, but inside only is good enough...

2. What analog temperature sensors are supported and/or proven to work with dosd?

3. Is it possible to connect a digital sensor and an analog sensor at the same time to the dosd and display data from both simultaneously?

4. Am I "barking up the wrong tree here" - is there a better way for me to accomplish this?

Thanks

Quick Reply