Jan 12, 2012, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagecatcher View Post
Hey Im trying to do the same thing but about 2 steps behind you I think.
I have been looking at pages 76-81.
Tell me, that black FTDI cable on page 76 , is it just a USB cable or does it have a chip moulded into it?
I fly Mk multi's and have a MKUSB adaptor (serial adaptor and have tried that but connection fails).
weather is fining up so wanna get in the air for its maiden.
Thanks
Troy
YES !!! MKUSB adaptor can be used to connect to the Dosd+.
My bad the battery powering the DOSD was totally flat (stuffed that lipo!)
Wish list for Daniel: Power LED on the board please.
Thanks Crazy1 and Van
Troy
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2012, 10:46 PM
What goes up, must come down
Quote:
I have the FY30A to stabilise...pretty good.
i dont have $150-200 right now so i figured for $20 its worth a try..

Crazy1
Jan 12, 2012, 11:02 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy1pilot View Post
I do not think so but i am not 100% sure.. i just ordered a KK Board programmer because i am going to use a CHEAP HK KK board as a gyro stabilizer for my plane and try it out....

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1554249

maybe Vantasstic will know better as he seams to be the Customer Support for Dragon OSD
I have the programmer for the KK board too. it's a different animals altogether...ain't gunna work for the DOSD.

Oops....my misunderstanding. You want to use the KK board as a stabilizer. Load the airplane firmware, connect it between the DOSD and your servos...should just need the aileron and elevator connections. Make sure you face it in the right direction. Let us know how it goes.

One thing I'd be cautious off. I don't think you can turn the KK board on/off in flight. If things go bad because its not operating right you might have no way to stop it from going bad.
Jan 12, 2012, 11:18 PM
What goes up, must come down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
I have the programmer for the KK board too. it's a different animals altogether...ain't gunna work for the DOSD.

Oops....my misunderstanding. You want to use the KK board as a stabilizer. Load the airplane firmware, connect it between the DOSD and your servos...should just need the aileron and elevator connections. Make sure you face it in the right direction. Let us know how it goes.

One thing I'd be cautious off. I don't think you can turn the KK board on/off in flight. If things go bad because its not operating right you might have no way to stop it from going bad.
Imagecatcher was the one wondering about using the kk programmer for the DOSD.. i didn't think it was possible

and thats the one bad thing.. i believe they are working on programing the throttle channel for an on/off switch... only a had full of people have used it so far but ill keep you posted..

Crazy1
Jan 13, 2012, 01:48 AM
question :
Can i install GPS antenna in to skywalker ? (under the wing ) inside body..
is this affect the GPS signal? normaly most of ppl will put outside ...
i guest should be ok ..any 1 got this experience??
Jan 13, 2012, 09:12 AM
FPV FTW!!
Quote:
Hey Im trying to do the same thing but about 2 steps behind you I think.
I have been looking at pages 76-81.
Tell me, that black FTDI cable on page 76 , is it just a USB cable or does it have a chip moulded into it?
I fly Mk multi's and have a MKUSB adaptor (serial adaptor and have tried that but connection fails).
weather is fining up so wanna get in the air for its maiden.
Thanks
Troy
So I'm still a little unclear, does it need to have a chip in it? Or can you just go straight from the serial port to usb? Since some people on here purchased that ttl to usb with a chip in it im guessing thats the way to go, can someone clarify for me? Thanks.... new to this.
Jan 13, 2012, 09:22 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippojia View Post
question :
Can i install GPS antenna in to skywalker ? (under the wing ) inside body..
is this affect the GPS signal? normaly most of ppl will put outside ...
i guest should be ok ..any 1 got this experience??
You should be able to put the GPS antenna anywhere you want, as long as it's pointed skyward. The foam is pretty much frequency 'transparent'. Just keep the antenna away from noise producing devices (camera, VTx, ESCs, etc.)
Jan 14, 2012, 10:25 PM
Taking care of business
Ok guys... I am having troubles I have never had before. Switched my dosd (that has many flights with 0 issues) from a plane to a wing. Settings are left servo elevon 1 and right servo elevon 2. The issue is the throttle seems to be mixed into the elevons. There are no mixes in the radio and it is not set for elevon in the tx. Yet when i move right stick the motor turns on?!? Seems like the ppm is somehow getting interference. I'm baffled.

Edit...just hooked up to pc. Shows no gps or current sensor is hooked up yet gps has solid red light. And current sensor is installed.
Last edited by Ho-Jazz; Jan 14, 2012 at 10:36 PM.
Jan 14, 2012, 10:59 PM
Check how the channels are assigned in the DOSD setup menu.
Jan 14, 2012, 11:28 PM

Issue with the Text displayed

I have searched days for the best answer to an issue that I am having with the Dragon OSD but have not been able to find a solid solution. I now turn to the group for help.
Basically I have an issue with the visibility of the text. It is not clear or easy to see in any lighting situation. Several posts have suggested enabling the “Disable Text Borders” option within the OSD menu. When I do so, I cannot see the text at all. ALL text is not visable! If I’m unable to reverse my change blindly then I have to restart the OSD without my changes committed.
The best posts that I have found in this thread are from Vantasstic using a 100 ohm resister across the incoming ground and video. This may work but I still have the issue of no text at all if I enable the “Disable Text Borders”?
Do I have some type of defective unit or can I do some electronic changes to rectify this problem?

Thanks!
Jan 14, 2012, 11:49 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranta View Post
I have searched days for the best answer to an issue that I am having with the Dragon OSD but have not been able to find a solid solution. I now turn to the group for help.
Basically I have an issue with the visibility of the text. It is not clear or easy to see in any lighting situation. Several posts have suggested enabling the “Disable Text Borders” option within the OSD menu. When I do so, I cannot see the text at all. ALL text is not visable! If I’m unable to reverse my change blindly then I have to restart the OSD without my changes committed.
The best posts that I have found in this thread are from Vantasstic using a 100 ohm resister across the incoming ground and video. This may work but I still have the issue of no text at all if I enable the “Disable Text Borders”?
Do I have some type of defective unit or can I do some electronic changes to rectify this problem?

Thanks!
I've not seen/heard of that issue before. So, when the text is showing is it with or without the borders? The 100 ohm resistor between the GND and Vid out line helps reduce text smearing...it has nothing to do with missing text.
Jan 15, 2012, 12:04 AM
Quote:
I've not seen/heard of that issue before. So, when the text is showing is it with or without the borders? The 100 ohm resistor between the GND and Vid out line helps reduce text smearing...it has nothing to do with missing text.
Thanks for your reply. I have not seen any post where it states that the text disappears after enabling the “Disable text boarders” but mine does. I really do not want to send my unit in for this but I can’t really view the text clear. And viewing the text clear while flying is why I invested in an OSD in the first place.
Anyone have an idea of what might be going on when I enable that setting and all OSD text is not visible?
Jan 15, 2012, 12:05 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Thanks for your reply. I have not seen any post where it states that the text disappears after enabling the “Disable text boarders” but mine does. I really do not want to send my unit in for this but I can’t really view the text clear. And viewing the text clear while flying is why I invested in an OSD in the first place.
Anyone have an idea of what might be going on when I enable that setting and all OSD text is not visible?
I'd send a PM/E-mail to John (JMSTech). He might have some ideas on your issue.
Jan 15, 2012, 12:27 AM
Quote:
I'd send a PM/E-mail to John (JMSTech). He might have some ideas on your issue.
Thank you! Please let me know. I can submit video to the fact if needed.
Jan 15, 2012, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Thank you! Please let me know. I can submit video to the fact if needed.
I have submitted PM to him. Thanks!

Quick Reply