May 28, 2003, 10:56 AM
Thread OP

Gulp SR does anyone have one?

Does anyone have a Gulp SR and how does it fly, compared to the Gulp DS, or anything else?

Henry
to remove ads between posts
May 28, 2003, 11:29 AM
I have raced one in EPP pylon, Compared to the bluto, I think it is faster, turns tighter, maintains energy better. I liked it so much I bought one!

:-)

Ade
May 28, 2003, 01:37 PM
Thread OP
Hi! Ade;

Have you flown your Gulp SR yet? I would really like to hear a full report.

Henry
May 28, 2003, 05:22 PM
Spoooooon!
Steve Drake told me that the SR is better for racing, but not as durable as the DS. He also said the wings on the SR have a tendency to flutter at high speeds. I'm assuming that these are really high speeds though.

I'm just getting into ds'ng so the DS was the clear choice for me.
May 28, 2003, 07:08 PM
Thread OP
Ben;

I can't believe the SR suffers from wing flutter? I bet you it is because, it didn't have enough strapping tape and it wasn't done properly. I used a combination of Brian Courtice's method and my own strapping tape method to get my wings extra stiff. Also I haven't heard of anyone having a flutter problem out here, and we get really high winds well over 40 mph. I bet you can solve the flutter problem with a better strapping tape pattern that would make the wing extra stiff.

Henry
May 28, 2003, 11:42 PM
Thread OP
Ben;

It was a strapping tape issue just like I thought. I emailed Steve and he said, "he did have a flutter problem." And it happened doing over 100 mph, and all he had to do was re tape it like the instructions showed. But it wouldn't hurt to make it even stiffer, as Brian did when he re taped his Bluto.

Henry
May 29, 2003, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by hmhoshi
Hi! Ade;

Have you flown your Gulp SR yet? I would really like to hear a full report.

Henry
I have not flown mine yet. I only got it yesterday. However I did have a good fly of one including a bit of DS a couple of months back.

I recon it out flies a lot of the non moulded 60inch stuff! It grooves soo well, but you pull on the elevator and it just pulls round with minimal speed loss.

I am just leafing through the manual now, looks very complete.

Ade
May 29, 2003, 01:00 PM
Thread OP
Ade;

I will be looking forward to a full report of the SR. As soon as I sell some old electric stuff, I will be buying one.

If I remember right, don't you have an Electron? How does it fly?

My Gulp is a real pleasure to fly, and ballasted up she is even better. I have increased my throws to the max, so my sticks are really twitchy but that is the way I like it. It's much better than hammering your sticks all the way over to the extremes.

Henry
May 29, 2003, 07:27 PM
Spoooooon!
Henry,
I figured it would be in the 100mph range when Steve told me the wings fluttered on the SR. I guess that's why the manual calls for extra strapping tape for the SR. Either way, I needed the more durable plane for DS practice.

Quick Reply