Mar 16, 2010, 06:52 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael in Toronto
I believe some other intelligent creatures (apes, cats, perhaps marine mammals, etc.) may have some limited capacity of knowingly doing destructive and hurtful actions for pleasure.

Yeah, like them Killer Whales
Mar 16, 2010, 06:56 PM
LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-123
I personally believe Evil beings do in fact exist. I have witnessed way too many situations where it was very evident, let alone the history of the human race.
so do I. The moment you start serving the prince of darkness.
Mar 16, 2010, 06:57 PM
LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock
Why did god create Hitler?
Lockstep German idiots created Hitler. Sound familiar!

God gives man a brain and expects him to use it. Woe unto them who call good evil and evil good.
Mar 16, 2010, 07:02 PM
ὅπερ ἔδει δεῖξαι
Last edited by Gerald; Sep 13, 2010 at 10:42 AM.
Mar 16, 2010, 07:07 PM
LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald
Yep. British car electricals are evil.
That is funny. If I hadn't read the reference to Lucas Electrics, this would have flown right over my head. The funniest thing I read was that the Lucas Vacuum Cleaner was the only product that didn't suck!
Mar 16, 2010, 07:38 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald
Dude! You had to go back through my posts from 6 months ago to find one spelling error?
See Gerald, there you go again making false statements. Where did I say I went 6 months searching?

I got the info via PM from another poster who was lauging at you. Like this

This one is priceless.
Last edited by joe-123; Mar 16, 2010 at 07:48 PM.
Mar 16, 2010, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo baggins
Yeah, like them Killer Whales
indeed...evil Killer Whales need some Xtian compassion applied to
them:

http://www.afa.net/Blogs/BlogPost.aspx?id=2147492239

Quote:
If the counsel of the Judeo-Christian tradition had been followed, Tillikum would have been put out of everyone's misery back in 1991 and would not have had the opportunity to claim two more human lives.

Says the ancient civil code of Israel, "When an ox gores a man or woman to death, the ox shall be stoned, and its flesh shall not be eaten, but the owner shall not be liable." (Exodus 21:28)

So, your animal kills somebody, your moral responsibility is to put that animal to death. You have no moral culpability in the death, because you didn't know the animal was going to go postal on somebody.

But, the Scripture soberly warns, if one of your animals kills a second time because you didn't kill it after it claimed its first human victim, this time you die right along with your animal. To use the example from Exodus, if your ox kills a second time, "the ox shall be stoned, and its owner also shall be put to death." (Exodus 21:29)
Mar 16, 2010, 07:47 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ
Lockstep German idiots created Hitler. Sound familiar!
I am always laughing at those who think that Hitler is solely responsible and to blame for those horrendous crimes.

It took a good amount of the German society to not only accept it, but to sustain and finance all of the horrendous things that were going on.
Last edited by joe-123; Mar 16, 2010 at 08:02 PM.
Mar 16, 2010, 07:59 PM
Suspended Account
^ can you say the same about Stalin or Edi Amin, or Jim Jones? these men where created by your God too.
Mar 16, 2010, 08:00 PM
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
Quote:
See Gerald, there you go again making false statements. Where did I say I went 6 months searching?

I got the info via PM from another poster who was lauging at you. Like this

This one is priceless.
"lauging"???

Is that anything like laughing? Which is what your posts cause me to do...... Your posts are indeed priceless - they are worth nothing. Devoid of content.

It says volumes when someone else has to search back through 6 months of posts to find a spelling error, PM you and then you use it. Given your own spelling/grammar "challenges", you might not want to question the spelling of others.

How long have you been here? Oh, never mind.
Mar 16, 2010, 08:01 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdirt
^ can you say the same about Stalin or Edi Amin, or Jim Jones? these men where created by your God too.
Same one who created you too? Just asking.
Mar 16, 2010, 08:07 PM
Suspended Account
are you saying i'm evil? really?
Mar 16, 2010, 09:43 PM
.....hhhmmm......classic Socratic method, asking a question that makes us face the vagueness of the concepts we often take forgranted, and at least just as often rely on....Old Soc's question, "What is Virtue?" is another similar and fun question to play with......

In order to make and sense of anything(...?...), first we must accept, or at least assume, a fundamental concept, namely, true or false (only namely, it's probably more like, "is" or "isn't". True and False are such strong words....they even imply "Time"!). Only then can we begin to play with this tool/construct we call Logic. The alternative would seem to be the construct we refer to as "Chaos".

ONLY to illustrate a point, let's talk about this "God" guy for a second.

"If God is all powerful, can he make a rock that's so heavy he can't lift it?"

This puts the logical "God Camper" on the horns of a dilemma. However the META-logical God Camper just says, "Of course, but it might not make sense to you, logically, because you're confined by LOGIC. God isn't!"

This puts all of us in a peculiar place........Why Logic at all then?

Consider if we completely rejected the "Ways" that logic has led us to adopt, and instead embraced Chaos in a fundamental (meta-logical) way. Where would our species be? Given a relatively short period of time (there's that word again!)in ANY physical universe, be it independantly Logical or Chaotic, individuals, if not the entire species, would be done for in pretty short order. If the logic they didn't recognize didn't kill 'em, the Chaos would. I dont think even the "Meta-logical God-Camper" would be too happy with this outcome.

Gonna save this now, and take a little break. In a little bit, this will be edited to keep rollin towards this whole "evil" thing.....
Last edited by airfoil'd; Mar 16, 2010 at 09:59 PM.
Mar 16, 2010, 10:02 PM
ὅπερ ἔδει δεῖξαι
Last edited by Gerald; Sep 13, 2010 at 10:46 AM.
Mar 16, 2010, 10:42 PM
RRR
RRR
Suspended Account
Quote:
I got the info via PM from another poster who was lauging at you. Like this [/I]
Can't take me one on one? That sorta makes you a don't it?

Quick Reply