Mar 15, 2010, 04:46 PM
I love my ID.
Thread OP
Discussion

Mtflyr's YAK-1,LA-5 and P-51B video

Here is a compiled video of Mtflyer's Micro models.

YAK-1, LA-5 and P-51B

Pete Schumann's Micro models (2 min 24 sec)
Last edited by jingjingjing; Mar 15, 2010 at 04:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 16, 2010, 06:56 AM
Thanks for posting this Jin. I had a blast flying.

Pete
Mar 16, 2010, 07:32 PM
Warbird Flyer
Great video, thanks for posting it! Pete your planes fly really well!

~Joe
Mar 17, 2010, 08:01 AM
Thanks Joe. That was flying slow for the videos too. The props you use can help. The SU-26/La-5 because of the wing needs to fly a little faster though. But the Mustang, Spitfire and my new Yak because of the undercambered wing can fly fast or slow. Flight times on all are pretty long but Jin made them short so as not to put folks to sleep

Let me know how yours flys with the tanks and what you think about different props.

Pete
Mar 17, 2010, 01:39 PM
Nice flights there, with a strong scale appearance. I liked the strafing run at 2:19, when the guy enters the room. One thing you don't want approaching at head height is a P-51 !
Mar 18, 2010, 02:30 AM
Warbird Flyer
I finally got to fly today, outdoors, for the first time in months... Winds were about 8-10 mph, gusting almost to 20, and I probably should've waited, but when you gotta fly, you gotta fly. Went up without the tanks first to test weight and balance, and she was very tail heavy, probably from all the tape and glue I added. So I taped a dime under the nose and 'voila' she flew like a dream, cut through the wind like a knife for the most part, except for turns and aerobatics! A couple of times the wind put her right on her nose, despite my most valiant efforts, but even with tarmac there was almost no damage (I put clear tape on the nose cone).

No problem with the tanks at all! She looked great and withstood some hard landings (and some greasers ) without losing or damaging a tank! They are perfect!!! Maybe the handling was a touch more difficult with the wind as a factor, but there was also more surface area to be blown about! I also just happened to flip over on two landings, and lw_hughes canopy took no damage whatsoever! It looks like I have damaged the tail a little (it is now loose where it meets the fuselage and rudder), but it is still fully functional and airworthy. And easy to fix. I may order another now, since apparently they're still on backorder, in case I'm dumb enough to fly in heavy wind again!

Now I just gotta get some calm weather and a photographer!

~Joe

Edit: I've not had time to get a different prop yet, so I'm still flying stock. When I try a new one, I'll let you know how it goes.
Mar 18, 2010, 07:08 AM
Sounds great Joe. The GWS props I think are better than the stock. Get the 4.5X3 to slow it down some and try the 5X3 or 5X4 for outside flying but the 4.5X3 works outside too. Just my opinion.

Pete
Last edited by mtflyr; Mar 18, 2010 at 09:53 AM.

Quick Reply