Thread Tools
Dec 01, 2012, 07:36 AM
#who gives a rats a**?
feefo's Avatar
CoG is the molded humps on the underside of the wing.

You'll need to give it a good throw for launching. Nothing arm wrenching hard, but a good throw non the less. Throw somwhere between 10 and 11 o'clock at about 3/4 to full throttle. You should be able to feel that the plane wants to pull out of your hand so has enough 'go' in it when thrown.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2012, 08:16 AM
Registered User
FlyBillyFly's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by feefo
CoG is the molded humps on the underside of the wing.

You'll need to give it a good throw for launching. Nothing arm wrenching hard, but a good throw non the less. Throw somwhere between 10 and 11 o'clock at about 3/4 to full throttle. You should be able to feel that the plane wants to pull out of your hand so has enough 'go' in it when thrown.
+1...

Billy
Dec 01, 2012, 08:27 AM
Registered User
FlyBillyFly's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk0077
Some HK stuff is not that cheap and works pretty well. I don't think you can lump the entire list of motors they sell into one basket. It does force you to be a more discerning shopper in order to find the gems..
I agree with your statement..." the entire List of Motors"...This is true..They also sell Scorpions!!!..They are a very good Motor......Never have Burn't one of theirs.....Billy
Dec 01, 2012, 09:09 AM
Registered User
PJRono's Avatar
Don't over amp that Himaxx, they just won't take it and will burn up.
Dec 01, 2012, 09:23 AM
F3K all day
Alright. How do i know how many amps it will take?
Dec 01, 2012, 11:41 AM
Registered User
PJRono's Avatar
Well you could go by Himaxx' recommendations, use a flight calculator, do a search on RCGroups for others that have used that motor, or use a watt meter once you set it up with different props to find the one that is appropriate.
Dec 01, 2012, 12:22 PM
#who gives a rats a**?
feefo's Avatar
The 4.75x4.75 should be ok. Recommended prop for that motor was a 5.5x4.5.

http://www.modelmaniacsonline.co.uk/...ax+A+2825-2700
Dec 01, 2012, 01:33 PM
F3K all day
Alright. I will look on himaxx's website and see if its there. I can also use a wattmeter and check it. If i pit too much current through it will it just get really hot or do other damage.
Dec 01, 2012, 05:01 PM
Registered User
PJRono's Avatar
It will get really hot and burn up the windings. Since it will be in the air at the time, you won't know until you see the MAGIC SMOKE! Also the bearings in them aren't the greatest, but will be good for a while, unlike a Mega or Arc. I ran mega 16/15/3s hard on 3S for 7 or more years before the bearings went bad. Applying some oil every now and then to them will help.
Dec 03, 2012, 09:03 AM
Registered User
nofreee's Avatar
Waiting on bigger ESC to be delivered, but I put up my 5s SK3 with a 6x5.5 and it was doing around 130-135mph. Came down nearly cool to the touch, not stressed in the slightest. Pulled about 85amps static with that config.

Heavy bird with a 5s 3000 in there, but the vertical launch method works great for getting it airborne.
Dec 03, 2012, 09:16 AM
Registered User
PJRono's Avatar
That's just the way we Funjetters torque roll!
Dec 03, 2012, 03:54 PM
215.0 MPH
markusvt's Avatar
Nice, (don't tell the HK haters!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofreee
Waiting on bigger ESC to be delivered, but I put up my 5s SK3 with a 6x5.5 and it was doing around 130-135mph. Came down nearly cool to the touch, not stressed in the slightest. Pulled about 85amps static with that config.

Heavy bird with a 5s 3000 in there, but the vertical launch method works great for getting it airborne.
Dec 03, 2012, 05:04 PM
Registered User
nofreee's Avatar
With a 7x6 on a 5s 3000 40c, I'm hoping to get around 155-160mph. If I can manage that, then it will be time to reinforce the plane a bit and work on 6s.
Dec 03, 2012, 06:33 PM
Turbine pilot
setxws6's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofreee
With a 7x6 on a 5s 3000 40c, I'm hoping to get around 155-160mph. If I can manage that, then it will be time to reinforce the plane a bit and work on 6s.
What KV is that motor?
Dec 03, 2012, 07:57 PM
Registered User
nofreee's Avatar
1900kv


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Funjet Ultra, more fast more fun.... tbmg1 FPV Talk 34 Jul 28, 2010 08:36 AM
Discussion Muliplex EasyStar WBFlyer FPV Talk 9 Mar 10, 2010 03:09 PM
Sold muliplex ASW 27 NIB bushpilotx1 Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 7 Aug 31, 2009 05:41 PM
Question Muliplex Alpha Junior Radio Instalation Allan Glover Sailplane Talk 3 Apr 09, 2004 01:37 AM
Muliplex MultiCharger 4010DC - is mine faulty ? borgs Batteries and Chargers 0 Jul 12, 2003 07:01 AM