Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
Old Mar 11, 2012, 06:24 PM
Dad_Roman is offline
Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Twistaholic AMA 134406
Dad_Roman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
Yeah, I guessed at 45 Deg F since I havent the foggiest idea where Canberra really is.
Aussieland bro....summertime there right now
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2012, 06:26 PM
snoshoe62 is offline
Find More Posts by snoshoe62
Boycot Crappy CC Controllers
snoshoe62's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnikee View Post
Alright, have question: I went to fly my FJU today and upon powering it up, the power-up beeps were extremely quiet, almost inaudible. Elevons work just fine, but when I went to power up the motor, it just twitched a bit and I couldn't get it to do even a single rotation. The motor and esc work fine as I have several flights on this, so I'm wondering if I just forgot a step since I havent flown in awhile, or maybe a connection is loose somewhere. What do you guys think?
I didnt catch what motor it is, but it does sound like one of the motor wires, not necessarily a connector, but if the wires are anything like HET wires they are only good for about one flex then they start to break, Id check the wires, and see if there is any part of a wire that seems weak, it does not have to be a clean break, a couple remaining strands will not be adequet to power the motor... I wish a motor wire problem was the problem with mine....see attached photo
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:09 PM
FlyBillyFly is offline
Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Registered User
Thats just not right.....Bummer Bro...Billy
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:09 PM
LOONY BOY is offline
Find More Posts by LOONY BOY
Registered User
snoshoe62
That really sux hope your up and flying again soon.

Moparmyway and Sebbe thankyou very much for that info.

Temperature yesterday was 24 deg c.
You probably know this already, Canberra is the capital of Australia. It's roughly 260km from Sydney.

Your information is correct that I turned after I passed the camera as there are trees to the right. Flight from the left was straight and level.
Will move further down the field
Will be interesting today as battery may let out the magic smoke.
Thanks again.

Battery:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._6S1P_45C.html
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:53 PM
snoshoe62 is offline
Find More Posts by snoshoe62
Boycot Crappy CC Controllers
snoshoe62's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBillyFly View Post
Thats just not right.....Bummer Bro...Billy
Ya know the ole sayings...
Fly it like you stole it!!!
If you aint crashin you aint flying!!!!
No such thing as to fast!!!!

Its all part of the game
Old Mar 11, 2012, 09:23 PM
GryphonRCU is offline
Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Registered User
GryphonRCU's Avatar
snoshoe62,

Sorry to read about your crash.

I hope you will be back up in the air soon.


Gryphon
Old Mar 11, 2012, 09:46 PM
gchrisgo34 is offline
Find More Posts by gchrisgo34
Registered User
gchrisgo34's Avatar
getting ready to start assembling my funjet, i guess you have to carve the decals out with a hobby knife yourself?
Old Mar 11, 2012, 09:50 PM
snoshoe62 is offline
Find More Posts by snoshoe62
Boycot Crappy CC Controllers
snoshoe62's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryphonRCU View Post
snoshoe62,

Sorry to read about your crash.

I hope you will be back up in the air soon.


Gryphon
Well as surprising as it was, the electronics came through unharmed other then the servo ends being ripped off when the branches stopped the wing, but didnt slow down the fuse, but I loved it, Ill be back in a month or two, count on it. Just have 2 other projects I need to finish first
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:33 PM
gchrisgo34 is offline
Find More Posts by gchrisgo34
Registered User
gchrisgo34's Avatar
do you have to carve out the decals with a knife? getting ready to start building mine.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:56 PM
FlyBillyFly is offline
Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoshoe62 View Post
Ya know the ole sayings...
Fly it like you stole it!!!
If you aint crashin you aint flying!!!!
No such thing as to fast!!!!

Its all part of the game
Like I say to the Fellas at our field...One good thing bout these Crashes... We get to walk away and go home unscathed.......But still a Bummer......Billy
Old Mar 12, 2012, 04:47 AM
moparmyway is offline
Find More Posts by moparmyway
Why the dirt on the wings?
moparmyway's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnikee View Post
Alright, have question: I went to fly my FJU today and upon powering it up, the power-up beeps were extremely quiet, almost inaudible. Elevons work just fine, but when I went to power up the motor, it just twitched a bit and I couldn't get it to do even a single rotation. The motor and esc work fine as I have several flights on this, so I'm wondering if I just forgot a step since I havent flown in awhile, or maybe a connection is loose somewhere. What do you guys think?
What kind of motor is it Runn ?
What ESC ?
Do you have a link for eithor/both ?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 06:15 AM
sebbe is offline
Find More Posts by sebbe
"The Judge"
sebbe's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOONY BOY View Post
snoshoe62
That really sux hope your up and flying again soon.

Moparmyway and Sebbe thankyou very much for that info.

Temperature yesterday was 24 deg c.
You probably know this already, Canberra is the capital of Australia. It's roughly 260km from Sydney.

Your information is correct that I turned after I passed the camera as there are trees to the right. Flight from the left was straight and level.
Will move further down the field
Will be interesting today as battery may let out the magic smoke.
Thanks again.

Battery:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._6S1P_45C.html
Hehe, my prediction about your turn was right after the pass, I have good hearings ..

OK, if its straight and level, and temp 24 degrees celclius, then you have a clean 190-191 mph run....

Great !!

Good luck with the other prop, dont burn the lipos


EDIT: Change those lipo, and maybee you will see 200mph....
Old Mar 12, 2012, 06:19 AM
sebbe is offline
Find More Posts by sebbe
"The Judge"
sebbe's Avatar
By the way. is there any chance someone can measure the actual KV of the SK 1900 motor ? There was some talking it was slight higher then 1900kv, I would like to know..
Old Mar 12, 2012, 06:37 AM
LOONY BOY is offline
Find More Posts by LOONY BOY
Registered User
Todays flights were great the cut down Aeronaut 7x7 to 6.5x7 really did unload and looked a deal faster than the 6.5x6.5. Also sounds great.

I fly in a park, surprised no one has complained about the noise.
Guess 1min flight times are too short for any body to care.

Have video but quality is terrible, Sorry.
Will do it again next weekend.

Anyone know the ins and outs of video cams, is it possible to get something around the $300 dollar mark that works.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 06:42 AM
sebbe is offline
Find More Posts by sebbe
"The Judge"
sebbe's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOONY BOY View Post
Todays flights were great the cut down Aeronaut 7x7 to 6.5x7 really did unload and looked a deal faster than the 6.5x6.5. Also sounds great.

I fly in a park, surprised no one has complained about the noise.
Guess 1min flight times are too short for any body to care.

Have video but quality is terrible, Sorry.
Will do it again next weekend.

Anyone know the ins and outs of video cams, is it possible to get something around the $300 dollar mark that works.
Ok, sounds nice to hear it looks faster ...

Is the cutdown prop this one:http://www.aircraft-world.com/shopexd.asp?id=2136

Any picture of the cutdown prop?


I found an interesting test: http://aerotrash.over-blog.com/artic...-96302052.html


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Funjet Ultra, more fast more fun.... tbmg1 FPV Talk 34 Jul 28, 2010 09:36 AM
Discussion Muliplex EasyStar WBFlyer FPV Talk 9 Mar 10, 2010 04:09 PM
Sold muliplex ASW 27 NIB bushpilotx1 Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 7 Aug 31, 2009 06:41 PM
Question Muliplex Alpha Junior Radio Instalation Allan Glover Sailplane Talk 3 Apr 09, 2004 02:37 AM
Muliplex MultiCharger 4010DC - is mine faulty ? borgs Batteries and Chargers 0 Jul 12, 2003 08:01 AM