Mar 15, 2010, 01:38 PM
No such thing as overpowered
Thread OP
Discussion

Multiplex Funjet Ultra

Well I saw a few pictures in RCM&E

http://www.modelmaniacsonline.co.uk/...ProductID=8439

What do you guys think?? the words super fast got me intrested!!
Last edited by Wilit run? 353; Mar 22, 2010 at 12:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 16, 2010, 09:47 AM
Checking CG is for NERDS!
Yeah... 200km/h (124mph) with the reccomended powerset? Yes please!!

The grey is a bit disappointing. Anything that reduces visibility is a negative, IMO. The ability to have alternating white/black (top/bottom) on the original FJ was a big help.

Regardless... I'll get one.
Mar 16, 2010, 03:53 PM
Trusted Verified User
I'll be definitely getting one, but it's ugly in the gray. I think they had to use the gray material to strengthen it maybe.

White would have been great so people can create a cool paint job from a "blank canvass" sort of speak. Now I'm going to have to paint the whole thing to get rid of the gray.

But who will really care. If that thing hauls it will be a really really fun !!!.
Mar 16, 2010, 08:23 PM
RC Guru
I OTOH LOVE that grey color!
Mar 17, 2010, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress..
I OTOH LOVE that grey color!
You are weird.

Jürgen
Mar 17, 2010, 02:36 PM
Thread OP
well I was thinking of a repaint! what two colours whould be best? Maybe dark blue on the underside and red on the top?
Mar 17, 2010, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilit run? 353
well I was thinking of a repaint! what two colours whould be best? Maybe dark blue on the underside and red on the top?
That would work.

I always prefer dark on the bottom and red or orange on the top when good taste allows. Red really glows against a blue sky in my expirience.
Mar 17, 2010, 08:55 PM
RC Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig
You are weird.

Jürgen
What else is new..
Mar 19, 2010, 07:05 AM
Alternatively just fit the recommended power set to an original Funjet. To me the new 'Ultra' just looks like a slightly enlarged MicroJet (which is of course the Funjet's predecesor). But that colour! What were MPX thinking of; Probably the same as when they produced a blue MicroJet. IMHO It's now much better in white.
Mar 19, 2010, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben D Wing
Alternatively just fit the recommended power set to an original Funjet. To me the new 'Ultra' just looks like a slightly enlarged MicroJet (which is of course the Funjet's predecesor). But that colour! What were MPX thinking of; Probably the same as when they produced a blue MicroJet. IMHO It's now much better in white.
It looks like they made some nice updates though- smaller elevons, denser foam, clean wing tips are the obvious ones...plus there may be more changes that we don't know about.

You could just mod an old one but the Ultra seems to be worth whatever painting effort it requires.
Mar 21, 2010, 01:14 PM
Thread OP
I am suprised that there is not much intrest in this. I thought a super fast plane, let alone in the shape of a FunJet would turn a few heads!
Mar 21, 2010, 01:36 PM
I think there will be a gread deal of interest. There's just nothing to get excited about given the time between anouncement and shipping, ex. Funcopter.

Vince
Mar 21, 2010, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince53
..........There's just nothing to get excited about..

Vince
Especially the extortionate cost! http://www.modelmaniacsonline.co.uk/...7&SubCatID=250
It makes the standard Funjet look like bargain of the century!
Mar 21, 2010, 06:58 PM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilit run? 353
I am suprised that there is not much intrest in this. I thought a super fast plane, let alone in the shape of a FunJet would turn a few heads!
I think a lot of people will be waiting to post their comments in the new Funjet Ultra thread that has been talked about in the Funjet forum, which will likely be started once someone gets one. So far most of the chat about it has been in Jurgens New Multiplex Models thread and the Funjet thread.

The new thread will hopefully be spelt right Muliplex!!
Mar 23, 2010, 09:21 AM
hi , American pilotes !!

i have an important news for funjet ultra
i just tel multiplex store and they tell me:

funjet ultra is not ready to sold
first order in mi-april

no funjet ultra at "fazsination maudellblau" (26-30 march in deuchland)

Quick Reply