Mar 15, 2010, 11:15 AM
Foam abuser!
Thread OP
Yippee!

Road Trip - E-Jets Of The West in Tucson

Calling all you jet jockeys, it's time for another GQF road trip! Just like we did last July up to Flagstaff and in October to FEAR, it's time for GQF to hit the road again and "invade" another fly-in.

This time, it will be E-Jets Of The West to be held April 9-10 (Friday and Saturday only) at the TIMPA field just west of town. This is the same location as the Tucson Shootout. If you've never been to this field, it's just like the AMA field (paved runway, covered pits, electricity, running water) except no ditches on the ends and LOTS of open flying space!

This is the inaugural event and it is being put on by Clay & Debbie Sherrow. They always put on a great show at the regular Tucson Jet Rally, and it promises to be a nice relaxing 2 days of flying just EDFs. I plan to be there with a few planes, plus I will have a vendor table as well to promote my Nico Hobbies stuff. Team EJF will be there as well.

There's plenty of room to set up camp (but no RV hookups), so let's get another group of guys together, head down to Tucson for the weekend, and sit around the campfire at night singing "At the GQF!"

Pat
to remove ads between posts
Mar 15, 2010, 11:51 AM
Stay Thirsty My Friends
Do they allow.....beer?

Rick
Mar 15, 2010, 11:59 AM
Foam abuser!
Thread OP
But of course! Beer and brats, doesn't get any better.

(Oh, and they like to have golf cart races up and down the runway at night. We should fit right in! )

Pat
Mar 15, 2010, 03:48 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Hehehe... good times at TIMPA.
This is going to be a really great event guys! We've got lots of Jets "At the GQF"... time for another event takeover!!!
For all of you aspiring Jet-Jocks, it will be a great place to see some awesome planes and pilots throwing it all out... all with no Turbine guys complaining!

See ya there!

Vic
Mar 16, 2010, 09:44 PM
Sounds like just another excuse for a bunch of hooligans to fly fast planes, drink beer, and sing loud boisterous songs.
Where do I sign up?
Mar 17, 2010, 08:45 PM
Not a Drone pilot
Im in for sure. I just hope I can get the 4kw honda Jet done...HEHE

But the TJ F-16 will be there burnin it up.
Mar 17, 2010, 08:47 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBolt
Where do I sign up?
Contact the CD, Clay Sherrow: [email protected]

$20 Pre-reg before April 2nd, $25 after that. A very good price for what is shaping up to be a top-notch show!
Mar 18, 2010, 06:27 PM
I wish I could make it...
Mar 24, 2010, 10:24 PM
Holy cow I can make it!!!!Probably drive down on Saturday morning, leave Saturday night unless someone talks me into staying!!!
Mar 24, 2010, 10:25 PM
Foam abuser!
Thread OP
Well, seeing as it's only Friday and Saturday, most of us will be heading home Saturday afternoon.

You need to come Friday night.

Pat
Mar 24, 2010, 10:33 PM
I am off Friday too, sounds good. Got to re-string the guitar...
Mar 24, 2010, 10:35 PM
I'm in...hopefully I can get that saturday off! gotta get the new SJ70 done, its gonna look really good
Mar 31, 2010, 06:35 PM
Foam abuser!
Thread OP
9 days and counting! Who's ready for the road trip?

Pat
Mar 31, 2010, 07:51 PM
EDF all the way!
I'm spending the night at the field.
Bob
Mar 31, 2010, 09:28 PM
Foam abuser!
Thread OP
I think I'm going to go down Thursday night. Still undecided on that. But definitely camping out Friday night.

Pat

Quick Reply