Sep 25, 2001, 12:56 AM
Thread OP

t-52 construction pictures

hi everyone,

i finally got all the pictures of my t-52 during construction uploaded and commented. here's the site: http://www.electrictao.net/peter/t-52.php3

i know some people recently have asked about this plane, and it's a popular trainer, so i thought this might help. if you notice anything erroneous or missing, please email me.

-peter
to remove ads between posts
Sep 25, 2001, 07:45 AM
Rehab is for quitters
Hay Pete, what kind of prop and prop adapter are you running?
I put my battery in thru a slot I cut out on the bottom of the fuse.
That way, don't have to take wings off to change battery.

Dave...
Sep 25, 2001, 09:50 AM
Thread OP
i'm using the standard one that's provided with the kit - a 6x4, direct drive on a speed 400.
Sep 25, 2001, 11:55 AM
Hey Peter-

Like what you did to reinforce the battery tray. Also changing to the standard velcro was a good idea, that other stuff was way too strong, but I think I'll get some for my Zagi winglets. Other improvements look good, now if only the weather....
Sep 26, 2001, 07:06 AM
Space Coast USA
I like some contrasting color on the top of the wing, either in a design or stripes. Helps me with the orientation of the plane.
hoppy
Sep 27, 2001, 07:37 AM
Rehab is for quitters
Pete, I'm running stock 400 and grish 6x4's. My T-52 weighs
in at 25.2 oz including the rs 1600 battery. I'd say at that weight, a 400 with 6x4 would be just about the most you could do without going to a gearbox. Definetly not a fast flyer but still is a blast to fly.

Dave...
Sep 28, 2001, 06:45 AM
Thread OP
yeah, i was thinking about sticking a gearbox and bigger prop on it, maybe an 9x4.5 folding or something, just so i can more effectively move around in wind. it's starting to get into boston's "drafty season" (which is right before the "crappy cold season") and a little more power to combat the winds would be a good thing.

just two days ago, i was out flying and got caught in some crosswind that started translating my plane laterally right into a telephone pole. impressed some kids that were watching, who thought that i was aiming for it. i was only about 30 feet up, and i couldn't climb out of the situation nor could i bank (is it just me, or does the plane not respond well without power?) b/c of the crosswind playing tricks on the dihedral. ended up smacking the telephone pole with my prop cone and dropping out of the sky.

of course, the t-52 still lives and i flew several more times that day, but the point is, it would be nice to get some more maneuverability, especially in wind.

-peter

Quick Reply