Sep 02, 2011, 04:03 PM
stefan
Question: how big was the deflection of the flap at the full scale hurricane?

I don't know yet if I change the way how the flap is hinged to achieve more deflection.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 02, 2011, 04:12 PM
Most of the photos I've seen show them at about 45 degrees:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mark_ma...hy/4761447812/

-Chris
Sep 02, 2011, 04:24 PM
How about a, Show your Windrider Warbird thread!
case your paint jobs!
What do you guys think of that? TW
Sep 02, 2011, 04:40 PM
Oh no, not again!
sfluck, Chris, the actual full flap position was more like 85 degrees similar to the Spitfire. The added drag was considered essential to get them into the small grass fields the RAF was using in the 30's.

Ming has left out the inner flap panels b/c they interfere with the wing mount bolts. I am debating whether to go to the trouble of adding them or not.

TW, I started a new build thread here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1499408

I figure we can start fresh with all the paint jobs, etc. there.

Regards,
Jeff
Sep 02, 2011, 05:07 PM
stefan
thank you chris an jeff! I'll modify the flaps in order to achieve more deflection.
Sep 04, 2011, 01:01 PM
I even seen a house fly!
Aha!

I KNEW if I ran away for a couple of months I'd return to find a nice Windrider hurricane ready to be ordered!

Mine has been! Yeeeeeha! ^_^

Hmm.. it looks so pretty.. do I really wanna chop mine up to put the rear gunner position in and throw floats on it? Gah... conflicted...

Kitty
Sep 04, 2011, 04:07 PM
Oh no, not again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LedKitty
Aha!

I KNEW if I ran away for a couple of months I'd return to find a nice Windrider hurricane ready to be ordered!

Mine has been! Yeeeeeha! ^_^

Hmm.. it looks so pretty.. do I really wanna chop mine up to put the rear gunner position in and throw floats on it? Gah... conflicted...

Kitty
That's easy Kitty - buy two, they're worth it. Jeff
Sep 06, 2011, 05:37 AM
STILL waiting.

Woody
Sep 06, 2011, 12:20 PM
Head NEAT geek
got my tracking number today! Thanks Ming!
Sep 06, 2011, 12:51 PM

are you kidding me ?

mine just arrived ....

... WOW...

Parts fit is excellent ,layout for rc gear is well thought out with plenty of room, the details are superb and on top of it all I didn't realize it came with electric retracts ! All for an outstanding price imo...

Ming,please make more warbirds !

it's windy,raining and I'm waiting on parts so I'll go play with the included "Copter ball"

thanks Ming !

-Henry
Sep 07, 2011, 08:00 AM
Tally Ho!
Henry can you post some unboxing photos etc ?

KM
Sep 07, 2011, 09:37 AM
Oh no, not again!
KM, check the other thread. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1499408
sfluck did a very nice photo presentation there and Ming has posted some construction tips.

regards,
Jeff
Sep 07, 2011, 12:50 PM
Lover of scale R/C
Quote:
Henry can you post some unboxing photos etc ?
I have on the other thread

Matt
Sep 07, 2011, 05:15 PM
Tally Ho!
Thanx Jeff and Matt !

KM

Quick Reply