Mar 24, 2013, 08:21 PM
Got Helis
HAH! Just got an automated call from the school system.. School is closed tomorrow due to bad weather... Bunch of sissies... and girlie boys!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 24, 2013, 09:11 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Barry....haven't been buying R/C stuff for a LONG time. Haven't been crashing and I still got a 1/4 scale bipe on the build table been there for nearly TWO YEARS. Just started cleaning the basement, haven't touched it all winter. Left the trash guy 9 bags at the road, I might drop 3 more bags before I go to bed. I cant work down here it's so bad. If I stay at it, it might be back to tolerable in 3 more days. I do know I need to buy all new batteries for my 450 heli's, and a couple for my TH-57 scaler.

Dave......I dont get nothing from either state nor fed, so it's a total wash. If I got something back, it might be worth it. So for now....it's just a PITA that I go through every April. I don't trust H&R to take out my garbage let alone do my taxes. I think they're crooked for one thing. My daughter will never use them again after this years fiasco. The program they used to submit her tax return was buggy and omitted critical information. She only found out after calling the IRS to check on her return.
Mar 24, 2013, 09:48 PM
Got Helis
Vic,
I've been using H&R Block since 1996 or 7, and never had a problem. Lucky I guess. But mine isn't / wasn't that complicated. I was usually to lazy to do it myself.
Mar 24, 2013, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule
Vic,
I've been using H&R Block since 1996 or 7, and never had a problem. Lucky I guess. But mine isn't / wasn't that complicated. I was usually to lazy to do it myself.
My daughter had credits for student loans, the software for that is buggy but everything else is OK I guess. I used H/R until they started charging $400+, then I quit them. I use a free tax service software on the net and print copies, then mail them in. Results are good, and I can do my state taxes pretty well so no problem other than motivation. I always wait till the week before they're due before I do them. Mine are like yours.....really simple. I get 3 1099's in the mail and my Navy retirement isn't high enough to affect social security so it's all good.
Mar 24, 2013, 10:34 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
I hear ya Vic. I've had most of my time building for others, and now I'll finish the 206......and with a spare scrappy fuse I want to build a 406CS with a 4 bladed head. The airplanes have been just hanging around too....so I've promised myself this year more flying before I forget how..lol
There's a few other birds, heli's (read 600 size Blackhawk, and a S-58)) and fixed (like this J1-B) I hope to aquire if I can just figure out how to pimp myself out to make a few extra bucks......and we all know how that'll go....LOLOLOL
Gotta hit it Buddy
Mar 25, 2013, 11:07 AM
Got Helis
Vic,

I hear ya on the increase on prices at H&R Block, they charge you per 'form', and depending on what form it is, it can get expensive.

When I filed the State forms, it cost me $7.25. Lol! I had a coupon... See attached..
Mar 25, 2013, 11:09 AM
Got Helis
Barry,

Just go out and get a job for awhile... Get laid off, then file for unemployement..
Mar 25, 2013, 11:18 AM
Got Helis
We have 7 inches of snow right now and it's still coming down. (12PM est)..

In one picture, you can see part of the fence blew down, but that was a month or so ago, from high winds.

Oh, that's Liz shoveling, I'm taking the pictures. Lmao!

(Sissy stuff)
Mar 25, 2013, 11:18 AM
"To Hover is Divine"
Hahahahah........ya know Dave.....I think your on to something.....seems to be working for the masses, huh....!!!

Oh your a brave man.....lol
Mar 25, 2013, 11:44 AM
Dave....a coupon? I'm SHOCKED.....LMAO

No snow but it's flipp'in COLD with that wind that cuts right through ya. Just kicked the heat in the basement up to high, it's a little cool down here. Gonna do some cleaning down here....after I warm up. One of those days where I cant keep warm. By next week, I figure daytime highs to be in the low 50's....I'm good with that.
Mar 25, 2013, 04:27 PM
That looks about right!
Quote:
Barry,

Just go out and get a job for awhile... Get laid off, then file for unemployement..
That right there is the new American dream!

We live in a society of sissies
Mar 25, 2013, 04:41 PM
Got Helis
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbenderusn
Dave....a coupon? I'm SHOCKED.....LMAO
Vic,

50 bucks is 50 bucks.. Lot's O Sliders for that.
Mar 25, 2013, 04:51 PM
Got Helis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnuk
That right there is the new American dream!

We live in a society of sissies

Jim,

Add "Lazy" to that too. I said that in jest (read.. being a smart ass), but I'll tell ya, that's one way I wouldn't want to live. Over the last few years, there's been a lot of jobs lost with folks on unemployment, but along with some of them comes, lost houses, cars, etc. Each state has it's own guide lines on what the maximum unemployement monies will be.
Regardless of what you were earning.. In a lot of cases, it's not enough to make a house payment or pay utility bills.

See chart: http://jobsearch.about.com/od/unempl...t-benefits.htm
Mar 25, 2013, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Vic,

50 bucks is 50 bucks.. Lot's O Sliders for that.
Dave....Of course I was joking about the coupon thing. You make me look sad as far as being frugal. I blame it on the wife, she's been pounding it into my head for 37 years " It's only money, you cant take it with you". The defense rests...... Good thing for her though.....I dont follow that closely or we'd be broke all the time. I am the money hoarder in this family, just not as good as you.
Mar 25, 2013, 09:11 PM
Got Helis
Vic,
That's always been my nature to be frugal... "It's only money" thing. That's true, but so is 'A penny saved is a penny earn' and 'save for a rainy day'.. I always looked far down the road and plan on living for a long time, so if I spend it all now. I won't have anything worth while when I do get older. The average age of the males in my family is 92. So I've got awhile yet.

Just simple stuff too, a lot of folks have popcorn and pop it in the micro wave, not me, I buy the bulk popcorn and pop it on the stove. It's less than have the price of micro wave stuff.

Quick Reply