Oct 19, 2012, 07:22 AM

One final "suggestion"

NOW THAT YOU HAVE THE T-REX 450 PRO COMBO here is what I was planning on doing to get the maximum performance in the building : I strongly suggest you look into this because there``s many little tricky situations involving this particular model.
IN " HELIFREAK" I suggest that you register if you are not yet done so.
Go find the Chapter for the T-REX 450 PRO and locate the SERIES OF VIDEOS that guide through the building. If I remember correctly there should be about 12 of those. I have D/L all of them and can pull lthem up from my stock with just a click or two, for convenience. I think the name of the fellow is BobWhite ""FINLESS BOB "" but he points out MANY points essential to the build, like the guidance to use the GREASE or LUBES (you got those in the kit ! ) or just how the sequence goes for the installation of the 3 main servos, there`s a definite technique for that also. I KNOW that you1ve made yourself an expert already but please BELIEVE ME here, the tips are USEFUL.
There in HELIFREAK there`s also some tips for the installation of the HUGHES 500 FUSELAGE that you may need when you get there.
7:20am got to feed the crowd, myself, clean litter box and RUN \
pay attention
BYE ALSO AT THE END please look at the video where he works with the TAIL ROTOS
Last edited by BARRRICK; Oct 19, 2012 at 05:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2012, 09:29 AM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopterKid77
Sa Weet.............git'er done Vic.........lol
This flybarless computer thingie I gotta buy may kick my tail for a little bit, but I'll figure it out. I watched a guy fly a 4 bladed head on his 450 using the Align 3GX, and really, I couldn't see much difference when I flew mine without one. I may want to do more research on it.
Oct 19, 2012, 01:38 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Man, that'll be awesome when she'd done Vic.

I finally got up enough nerve to cut this fuse up....( the original, and cut up pics)..but all seems to be ok.....just waiting on my liteply....... and my nerves to settle down...LOL.. All seems to fit , so far.

Carry on Padre'.
Oct 19, 2012, 04:08 PM
Got Helis
Rick,

What a generous gift for Vic. God Bless ya for that.

Vic,

I see you've got a matching 4 blade tail rotor too.. Pretty awesome set up all around.. Don't push the build. Slow and easy..

Barry,

Your scale build is looking grand..
Oct 19, 2012, 05:46 PM
Barry....your 206 looks AWSOME. Keep going man...keep going! Is that a KDS fuselage?
Dave....EXCELLENT to see you pop in. Hope you and Liz are doing great.

Been puttering today. Started crashing yesterday with upper resp infection, went to the doctor today. I'm now on 1000mg per day Biaxin....high powered stuff. Thought I'd better get to the doctors office today rather than end up in the ER by Sunday...good move I'm thinking.

I've got the 4 bladed head on there that was on the AH-64 BUT I think when I order the FBL G3X, I'll order a brand new head anyway. It's a NEW bird, I'll use NEW stuff on it.

Rick....slow going since I'm sick, but it's gonna be great. I've already sat down and contemplated the heli mount I'm gonna build because the supplied ones aren't strong enough in my book. Just one of those things I've learned along the way.

Good to see you all here.....
Oct 19, 2012, 09:18 PM
Got Helis
Vic and all,

Haven't posted much cuz there's nothing really to report down here. The last 2 weeks have just been raining and/or to windy to fly anything. Before that weather kicked in, I was flying everything, the Trex 500, Chaos 450 and my quad. I did order a Hexcopter (6 motors and stuff) it just came in today from Hong Kong. So that'll keep me busy for a few weeks. There's a ton of soldering, balancing motors and all the blades. Checking tracking and all. It's as tedious or even more so than a heli.

Here's a few pictures of what I have now and the Hexcopter spread out on the table. In the third picture, you'll see my quad copter. The small round white disk mounted about 4 inches above the top of the quad is a GPS unit. YIKES!

Later folks
Oct 19, 2012, 11:24 PM
Sounds like you haven't slowed down a bit there. You got quite a collection of different stuff to fly...awsome. You need to get a keychain cam (off E-Bay) on the GPS quad copter and grab some video....it's kind'a fun.

We've had the same crappy weather as you have and now being a little under the weather, I dont go outside unless it's a matter of extreme importance.

I just finished getting the 4 blade head tracked in and the pitch settings close and I still need to balance the main blades. Tomorrow, I hook up the tail servo and stuff. I decided the 4 blade head I have is useable, so I just need to order the FLB system (If I need it, I might not). I learned that in a 4 blade head that instead of having your D/R settings in the 70's or higher, I need to be about 20-30...possibly lower than 20

Hello to Jay....I know you're lurking.
Oct 20, 2012, 06:50 AM
"To Hover is Divine"
Alright guys........building every where. :O) Had a question.....is there a flybarless head for my Dynam?? Just curious.
Oct 20, 2012, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopterKid77
Alright guys........building every where. :O) Had a question.....is there a flybarless head for my Dynam?? Just curious.
Dynam what? Gyro? helicopter?

I just finished the NICEST hover with the 4 bladed head and tail setup, no FBL computer is gonna be needed because it's stable. I do know when I install this frame into the MD500, I'm gonna have to change some stuff because CG and all. I'll test hover and dial it in till it responds perfectly, but it's almost there.

Barry? you out there? I wanna see if I can help but maybe you already found your answer.
Last edited by metalbenderusn; Oct 20, 2012 at 02:26 PM.
Oct 20, 2012, 02:39 PM
Got Helis
Hi fellas,
Just gonna post a couple videos of what an imbalance motor can do.
The first one, Ivan posted awhile back on his Blade 300 X with an imbalanced motor.
The second video is one I made for JPee on our motors for the multirotor copters we have.
And yes, I finally bought a decent camera for our trip to Alaska next year. Lol
It's recorded on a lower quality, so it doesn't take all day to upload to video.. I'll do a shorter one in high definition for ya later to show you the difference.
Watch in full screen too.

Blade 300 X motor imbalance (0 min 25 sec)

Motor balancing (3 min 27 sec)
Last edited by choppersrule; Oct 20, 2012 at 03:02 PM.
Oct 20, 2012, 03:25 PM
WHOAH!!!!! that's a LOT of vibration. My experience with tape or labels on a motor is that the tape or label blows off after a short time. Once the tape is on, you should then seal the edges of the tape with epoxy (very thin), to keep them from lifting. Just a suggestion for what it's worth. Very NICE demonstration and that motor vibe could drive you insane looking for and not finding a vibration because NOBODY thinks of the motor as an issue.
Oct 20, 2012, 03:38 PM
Got Helis
Work table in HD (1 min 2 sec)
Oct 20, 2012, 06:42 PM
I got MD500 fuse all over the table. Just to verify the heli frame mounts as supplied are junk, I did a hand twist test and it split apart....just like I knew it would. The bad part is with heli vibration, the mounts fail and I've seen guys post that it happened to them.
Oct 21, 2012, 08:51 AM
"To Hover is Divine"
Hey guys..........well Vic.....the heli is a Dynam Erazor 450.

Great vids Dave............thanks. Never thought about the vibs, but since all that mass screams on an out runner type motor, balancing make all the sense in the world.

Ya'll have a super day..........we'll be back later.
Last edited by CopterKid77; Oct 21, 2012 at 10:08 AM.
Oct 21, 2012, 09:28 AM
Hey all. new to this rc stuff, posted a discussion that should have been a question. any reason why When I put my copter bsck together the main rotor will not turn? e razor 250, had to replace tailboom, thanx in advance for any help

Quick Reply