Nov 16, 2010, 08:34 PM
smoking crack is cheaper
Yeah, my son doesn't have or need a phone either. Funny thing is, my woman and I are the only people we know without cell phones. I can proudly say I've never owned one and glad to not be attached to one....just call me at home.....but I don't have call waiting either so if I'm online, you're boned as we can't get high speed internet out in the sticks where I live.....awesome. Otherwise, just leave a message on our ANSWERING machine, and we'll get back to you....when it's convienent for us...hehehe. Very rarely do I wish we had those dang cell phones.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 16, 2010, 08:46 PM
That looks about right!
No cell phone for my kids till they start driving. Heck, I wouldn't have one if it weren't for my business. I HATE talking on the phone.
Nov 16, 2010, 09:04 PM
Visit My Blog
Phones.

I grew up with a land line in the house.
No cells etc.
When I moved out on my own the phone comp was on strike so I couldn't get phone service for about 3 weeks. So I took the dive and got a cell...back then a brick. I used it as my sole phone. It was pay as you go.
Now, years later I have a flip phone. Only voice calls, call waiting, voicemail, pics and text. No smartphone for me.
Best part is: I've been with my phone company so long that I'm grandfathered into my plan - which is 29.99 a month...plus the regulatory fees etc. All in all about 37 bucks a month for a cell.

And get this...the battery went bad a few months back. My wife had the same model phone (and still has it) so I used her battery while I waited for a new one from Ebay (3 bucks).

So now, when my cell goes south, I have an exact backup thanks to my wife.
The wife: well she has a smartphone. She uses it and takes full advantage of all it's features. It has come in very handy.
Caveat: takes me 3 times longer to make a call from her phone than from my phone.

This has turned into a long post. I'll shut it now.

Jim
Nov 16, 2010, 09:18 PM
Full Scale Piper Cub Driver

450 heli definition?

What is the definition of a 450 size heli? The blades are 325mm x 2 = 650mm plus hub and grips. I don’t know what on the machine that measures 450 anything. Been thinking to ask this question for a while.

Thanks in advance, Piper J3
Nov 16, 2010, 09:28 PM
Got Helis
Stamp,

As a kid, we also had land lines, that's all that was available. Plus, it was a 2 party line. Private lines were rare. If you lived outside the city, you might have an 8 or 16 party line. If you had to make a long distance call, you had to call the operator to do it for you. No direct dialing back then. LMAO!

Phone from 1946..

Dave
Nov 16, 2010, 09:41 PM
Visit My Blog
Yep...we had a rotary with the long as heck cord.
Nov 16, 2010, 09:42 PM
Got Helis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper J3
What is the definition of a 450 size heli? The blades are 325mm x 2 = 650mm plus hub and grips. I don’t know what on the machine that measures 450 anything. Been thinking to ask this question for a while.

Thanks in advance, Piper J3
Piper,
Here's a site that will enlighten you. Before electric helis, it was pretty much based on engine size, and not the actual size of the heli. Then somebody had a bright idea to do it by rotor diameter, some still do that. Others, I don't have a clue, what happen to "Standards".

When someone is in the market for a new heli, it takes alot of homework and research to get what ya want. Especially for the noobies. There's just so many choices and manufactures out there, it's mind boggling.

http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/large...licopters.html

Dave
Nov 16, 2010, 11:39 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule
Stamp,

As a kid, we also had land lines, that's all that was available. Plus, it was a 2 party line. Private lines were rare. If you lived outside the city, you might have an 8 or 16 party line. If you had to make a long distance call, you had to call the operator to do it for you. No direct dialing back then. LMAO!

Phone from 1946..

Dave
Resembles the "BAT PHONE".....LMAO.
Nov 16, 2010, 11:45 PM
Got Helis
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbenderusn
resembles the "bat phone".....lmao.
Lmao! Hello....Are you there?
Nov 17, 2010, 12:11 AM
smoking crack is cheaper
We've got that exact phone (the black one). Hard to get for cheap, especially the old bakelite ones like that which are in good shape still.
So much style.

Pure Class.
Nov 17, 2010, 12:13 AM
Close..... Phones didn't really start getting smaller till the 70's I guess.

Anyway...struts are comming along well. All welded up, lightning holes are drilled. Now I put a thin sheet of balsa on each side and shape it to an airfoil. They are super strong now compared to what was supplied in the kit. I'll sheet/sand/and finish them tomorrow, then I can move on with the build.
Nov 17, 2010, 12:02 PM
what ya mean i have to land?
i still remember as a kid a lot of times there was 1 person on the party line that would always have the phone off the hook and someone would have to go to their house and ask them to hang it up also you could easily eavesdrop on all the gossip in the hood lol.anyone looked at the cheap hk choppers lately?been looking and thinking bout flying one again,airplanes use wind lift to help them fly,heli's just beat the air into submission hehehe happy holiday season all
Nov 17, 2010, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oly_rcer
i still remember as a kid a lot of times there was 1 person on the party line that would always have the phone off the hook and someone would have to go to their house and ask them to hang it up also you could easily eavesdrop on all the gossip in the hood lol.anyone looked at the cheap hk choppers lately?been looking and thinking bout flying one again,airplanes use wind lift to help them fly,heli's just beat the air into submission hehehe happy holiday season all
Dave has the 450 torque tube.....it's not bad I guess.
Nov 17, 2010, 03:44 PM
Luvin' Life
Thread OP
I have the belt tail HK-450 and I'm very impressed with the machine. Main gear should be replaced right off the bat and get different main rotor blades. I got it for $35 plus shipping.

Blessings,

Jay
Nov 17, 2010, 08:24 PM
Got Helis
Hey Oly rcer,

Concerning the HK helis. They're are darn good bang for the buck for sure. I do have the HK 450 Pro TT, however, depending on your skill level, I'd recommend a belt drive instead of torque tube. The TT models have a tendency to strip the crown gears, even in a landing if the tail blades hit some high grass. I'd also recommend a metal head kit, as opposed to plastic.
Just my opinion.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...t=&LiPoConfig=

Quick Reply