ferndale air force
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPee
Hey Guys,

This is something "non politcal" you need to see if your were a GI
http://biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=22825

Enjoy..........it's a good thing.

JPEE

PS: Kyler, a killer tank, I love it. As the "tankers" refer to themselves, live and work in the BELLY of the BEAST!

Curious. My signature is on hundreds of LTI's for M151A2C's(?) delivered to the Philippines as the Marines on Okinawa received Humvees. That was either an Irish or British outfit. And I think the jeep was a westland(?) something like that. And I spent my final couple of years with the first of the LAV, now LAR battalions. I guarantee that if they make an LAV-25 model I will get one
to remove ads between posts
Nov 08, 2010, 09:26 PM
TIME is so things last longer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbenderusn
JPEE...that's Jims Bipe, he lives in Nebraska (LMAO). He sent me that video so I could see one fly, that was his maiden, I'm building the same plane and he's giving me pointers. Mine wont be completed until ....Feb?

Engines....All glow engines for R/C use nitro and oil mix, plus other stuff but I forget what. The two stroke glow engine will run well on 5% to 15% nitro. Four strokes require higher nitro content as well as more oil in the mix than the two strokes. Helicopter two strokes run 25% or higher in nitro, but I dont know the oil mixture. When you get into gasoline engines, it's like a weed whacker engine, you mix gasoline and oil. I've seen gasoline engines for R/C as small as 20cc and up to 150cc. Personally, if I had TWO 150cc R/C engines swinging 30" propellers, I'd just put them on a plane I built to FLY IN.....I trust my work.
Vic,
I knew that. What I was speaking to was you speaking to why you like the 2 cycle motors/engines lol and the tech stuff, but thanks.

Kyle, the tank "shows' very well on film. Let's see if your old enough. Do you remember the War movie with Jack Palance the TV actor where in Europe they were foot soldiers in a ravaged town. The German's came in with tansk and one parked on his arm! Later it shows him walking around with what was left EEUUU.
As a pup we had an Armory accross the fields from us. Once a month they would bring out the tanks and race in the open spaces with their turrets faced backwards and they HAULLED A$$ too. I wanted to go a for a ride soooooo bad but when they asked for volunteers, they took my older brother and said "I was to young" dangit anyway.

Smiles JPEE
Nov 08, 2010, 09:55 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
JPEE....I remember that movie.

Yup...two strokes over four strokes....just like in motorcycle racing back in the day. Honda just couldn't hold to a Yamaha, Kawasaki, or Suzuki, just a lot quicker power in the two strokers. I feel like a DORKFISH.....
Last edited by metalbenderusn; Nov 08, 2010 at 10:35 PM.
Nov 08, 2010, 10:31 PM
Got Helis
test
Last edited by choppersrule; Nov 08, 2010 at 10:38 PM.
Nov 08, 2010, 11:07 PM
Pretty nifty Dave.....
Nov 08, 2010, 11:46 PM
Got Helis
Vic,

Just been puttering around, nothing special at all. Heli season is just about done now, with the weather and stuff. Can't take the cold like I use to.

Actually, it's been a terrible year for me and Liz.

Let me vent here for a minute.

Three deaths in the family.

Had to replace the following:

Lawn Mower, Water Heater, Clothes Dryer, Sliding Glass Door (out to the back of the house, big bucks there), New Tires on my Buick, Micro-Wave Oven, Steam Carpet Cleaner, two tires on Liz's car.

Not counting the Crap Liz wanted to buy, that she DIDN'T NEED.

Not a happy camper this year, at all.

Thanks for listening fella's,
Dave
Nov 09, 2010, 11:30 AM
That looks about right!
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule
Vic,

Just been puttering around, nothing special at all. Heli season is just about done now, with the weather and stuff. Can't take the cold like I use to.

Lawn Mower, Water Heater, Clothes Dryer, Sliding Glass Door (out to the back of the house, big bucks there), New Tires on my Buick, Micro-Wave Oven, Steam Carpet Cleaner, two tires on Liz's car.

Dave
I feel for ya Dave. Been through much of the same this year, except for the deaths. Trying to find some time to keep up with everyone now. No flying so I have no input there. Just a bunch of family stuff. Oh... last year I posted about a project I hoped to get to this year. Well, I have it just about done. Maybe tonite I can get some pics up.

Vic- I'd take gas over glow any day of the week. Got a brand new G38 in my Decathlon that I hope to put to use again some day. About 15 minutes flight time on it. Always wanted to do the T.F P-47 giant scale in Razorback form complete with retracts and all. Maybe when the kids get out of college....

Kyle- Tank looks great! looks like it could have quite some speed to it also.

Jim
Nov 09, 2010, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule
Vic,

Dave
It's been about as bad a year as I ever remember as well. Your list is REAL close to mine except none of the stuff has been fixed or replaced as yet. I had to fix the washer, fix the drier, fix the central air unit ( all myself), sliding doors are bad, new brake unit on the pontiac...the list goes on. My mower is crap, you know that one. Oh....the hole in the roof is still there, I gotta do something before snow flys even if it's just screwing down a piece of OSB and throwing TAR on it to seal it. It's been tough this year for sure.
Nov 09, 2010, 03:25 PM
TIME is so things last longer!
OFF TOPIC, but this is something we gun lovers will revell in. Now the idea for this guy is to get about 6 coax helis in ther air see what he can do

Fastest gun in the universe. Be sure to watch the slow motion at the end.

http://www.wimp.com/fastestgunman/

JPEE
Nov 09, 2010, 05:20 PM
I meant to do that!
Sorry JPEE I dont know that movie.
Nov 09, 2010, 06:15 PM
Yup...he's fast. Like the guy who is super fast with a shot gun, they're NOT using off the shelf ammo....it's loaded down to pretty mild. None the less, they are FAST. I thought I'd point that out about the ammo being "special design loads".
Nov 09, 2010, 07:41 PM
Got Helis
JPEE,

Was the movie with Jack Palance called, ATTACK! ?
Nov 09, 2010, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnuk
I feel for ya Dave. Been through much of the same this year, except for the deaths. Trying to find some time to keep up with everyone now. No flying so I have no input there. Just a bunch of family stuff. Oh... last year I posted about a project I hoped to get to this year. Well, I have it just about done. Maybe tonite I can get some pics up.

Vic- I'd take gas over glow any day of the week. Got a brand new G38 in my Decathlon that I hope to put to use again some day. About 15 minutes flight time on it. Always wanted to do the T.F P-47 giant scale in Razorback form complete with retracts and all. Maybe when the kids get out of college....

Kyle- Tank looks great! looks like it could have quite some speed to it also.

Jim
Jim...do you think a G38 is gonna be enough on a P-47? I realize the actual P-47 was a "sky pig" compared to most any other fighter in WWII, so to get scale performance, you won't need to be "hot". I kind'a like a plane it minimal to be able to hang on it's prop with no backward slip, positive vertical is a "good thing". How do you like the G38 on the decath? good power? a little weak?
Nov 09, 2010, 10:29 PM
Got Helis

Walmart Doctor

Just to funny, had to share.

================================================== ========

Wal-Mart Doctor

One day, in line at the company cafeteria, Joe says to Mike behind him, "My elbow hurts like hell. I guess I'd better see a doctor."

"Listen, you don't have to spend that kind of money," Mike replies

"There's a diagnostic computer down at WalMart. Just give it a urine sample and the computer will tell you what's wrong and what to do about it.

It takes ten seconds and costs ten dollars - A lot cheaper than a doctor."

So, Joe deposits a urine sample in a small jar and takes it to WalMart.

He deposits ten dollars and the computer lights up and asks for the urine sample.. He pours the sample into the slot and waits.

Ten seconds later, the computer ejects a printout:

"You have tennis elbow. Soak your arm in warm water and avoid heavy activity. It will improve in two weeks. Thank you for shopping @ Wal-Mart.."

That evening, while thinking how amazing this new technology was, Joe began wondering if the computer could be fooled.

He mixed some tap water, a stool sample from his dog, urine samples from his wife and daughter, and a sperm sample from himself for good measure.

Joe hurries back to Wal-Mart, eager to check the results.. He deposits ten dollars, pours in his concoction, and awaits the results .

The computer prints the following:

1. Your tap water is too hard. Get a water softener. (Aisle 9)
2. Your dog has ringworm. Bathe him with anti-fungal shampoo. (Aisle 7)
3. Your daughter has a cocaine habit. Get her into rehab.
4. Your wife is pregnant. Twins. They aren't yours. Get a lawyer.
5. If you don't stop playing with yourself, your elbow will never get better!

Thank you for shopping @ Walmart
Nov 09, 2010, 10:49 PM
LMAOROTFF......

I needed that......

Quick Reply