Thread Tools
Old Jun 09, 2010, 09:17 PM
Stamp is offline
Find More Posts by Stamp
Visit My Blog
Stamp's Avatar
Oh yeah that one was posted here a while back.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 09, 2010, 09:24 PM
Wnuk is online now
Find More Posts by Wnuk
That looks about right!
Wnuk's Avatar
Couldn't remember. Hope you're watching the game!
Old Jun 09, 2010, 09:43 PM
Stamp is offline
Find More Posts by Stamp
Visit My Blog
Stamp's Avatar
Of course.
Old Jun 09, 2010, 09:43 PM
choppersrule is offline
Find More Posts by choppersrule
Got Helis
choppersrule's Avatar
Oh crap.... Game time again.. I'll shut up now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnuk View Post
Couldn't remember. Hope you're watching the game!
Old Jun 09, 2010, 09:48 PM
1Radioflyer is offline
Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Luvin' Life
1Radioflyer's Avatar
Hey Guys,
Just wanted to pop in and say "HI". Long days here and not much time for the computer.

I'm going to relax now with a barley pop and watch the game

Best of luck to both teams!

Geese oh petes I've got some back reading to do.

Real,
The MXS looks awesome!

Jim,
that Decathlon is begging to be flown with smoke

Rick,
I hope your doing well!!!

Blessings Y'all!

Jay
Old Jun 09, 2010, 11:18 PM
9sec240 is offline
Find More Posts by 9sec240
Advanced Heli Collector
9sec240's Avatar
The fireworks wont stop going off. I guess we won the superbowl or something???
Old Jun 09, 2010, 11:20 PM
choppersrule is offline
Find More Posts by choppersrule
Got Helis
choppersrule's Avatar
First thing I think about with fireworks, is a drive by shooting. Been there.

Where's my "Barley Pop"?

Crap, I missed the Superbowl again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9sec240 View Post
The fireworks wont stop going off. I guess we won the superbowl or something???
Last edited by choppersrule; Jun 09, 2010 at 11:27 PM.
Old Jun 09, 2010, 11:30 PM
Stamp is offline
Find More Posts by Stamp
Visit My Blog
Stamp's Avatar
Now that was sweet
Old Jun 09, 2010, 11:53 PM
9sec240 is offline
Find More Posts by 9sec240
Advanced Heli Collector
9sec240's Avatar

Gaui Hurricane 500


Received the stretch kit for the Gaui 425 today. I ran into an issue right away with the blades. The hole in the blades is 4 mm and 3 mm in the grips. I put it all together and I will work on an adapter tomorrow.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 12:02 AM
Get Real is offline
Find More Posts by Get Real
Flippin Multirotors
Get Real's Avatar
Dave,gr60xl v2 for motor.. should pull it around nicely. Dont start thinking boats.. traxxas has one sick puppy on the way powered by 6s but its still not out yet .

Jim,if i dont destroy it on the maiden i'll post some video and thoughts,right now im pleased with it,its designed for 30cc gas but putting a outrunner on it isnt difficult and theres a couple minor things that will make battery changes and e-power more convenient for the plane,probably beef up some parts of the airframe for the way i fly.. im not easy on planes. The decathlon looks nice,i havent gotten the scale bug yet but the high wing planes can be really relaxing to fly and make great ap platforms.

There was some interest for a build thread so i figured why not,lots of pics to load,but if you want a more detailed look at the plane while its going together heres a LINKfor the build,the plane was $270.00 on sale and some have set up these planes for $600.00 and under minus 6s pack and radio. Looking forward to flying it.. prior the biggest planes ive flown have been 55'' planes and they cost well over $600.00 to get in the air.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 10, 2010, 12:02 AM
choppersrule is offline
Find More Posts by choppersrule
Got Helis
choppersrule's Avatar
Ivan,

Great pics there. I guess I didn't realize that the Gaui 425 was bigger than the Trex 500. Huh! Or was that from the stretch kit? Some small brass tubing from the LHS may help you on the 4mm and 3mm difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9sec240 View Post
Received the stretch kit for the Gaui 425 today. I ran into an issue right away with the blades. The hole in the blades is 4 mm and 3 mm in the grips. I put it all together and I will work on an adapter tomorrow.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 12:14 AM
9sec240 is offline
Find More Posts by 9sec240
Advanced Heli Collector
9sec240's Avatar
Dave, the first pic is the Gaui 425 in 425 mm form next to the Trex 500. The blades are the same length as the 500 and it is similar in size. The Gaui is made to be stretched all the way to 550 mm blades so the boom diameter is larger than the Trex 500. The length is also slightly longer in 425mm form than the Trex 500.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 12:42 AM
choppersrule is offline
Find More Posts by choppersrule
Got Helis
choppersrule's Avatar
Real,

That Gr60xl v2 is wicked. You'll be hovering on the maiden, nah, take it easy on the first pack anyways.

Just kidding on the boats. But never out of the equation.

I went to the LINK you posted. AWESOME pictures, and I see you weigh every part too. Personally, I weigh more than I should. LMAO!

I saved the LINK to keep up on your build.

Excellent....



Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Real View Post
Dave,gr60xl v2 for motor.. should pull it around nicely. Dont start thinking boats.. traxxas has one sick puppy on the way powered by 6s but its still not out yet .

Jim,if i dont destroy it on the maiden i'll post some video and thoughts,right now im pleased with it,its designed for 30cc gas but putting a outrunner on it isnt difficult and theres a couple minor things that will make battery changes and e-power more convenient for the plane,probably beef up some parts of the airframe for the way i fly.. im not easy on planes. The decathlon looks nice,i havent gotten the scale bug yet but the high wing planes can be really relaxing to fly and make great ap platforms.

There was some interest for a build thread so i figured why not,lots of pics to load,but if you want a more detailed look at the plane while its going together heres a LINKfor the build,the plane was $270.00 on sale and some have set up these planes for $600.00 and under minus 6s pack and radio. Looking forward to flying it.. prior the biggest planes ive flown have been 55'' planes and they cost well over $600.00 to get in the air.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 12:48 AM
choppersrule is offline
Find More Posts by choppersrule
Got Helis
choppersrule's Avatar
Ivan,

I went back and looked again at all the pictures. NOW, I get the picture.
Must have been that "Barley Pop". You know that JAY is an instigator.

I did get a couple flights in with the 450 and 500, but weather is still flippin' rainy and windy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9sec240 View Post
Dave, the first pic is the Gaui 425 in 425 mm form next to the Trex 500. The blades are the same length as the 500 and it is similar in size. The Gaui is made to be stretched all the way to 550 mm blades so the boom diameter is larger than the Trex 500. The length is also slightly longer in 425mm form than the Trex 500.
Last edited by choppersrule; Jun 10, 2010 at 01:09 AM.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 10:28 AM
JPee is offline
Find More Posts by JPee
TIME is so things last longer!
JPee's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Radioflyer View Post
Hey Guys,
Just wanted to pop in and say "HI". Long days here and not much time for the computer.

I'm going to relax now with a barley pop and watch the game

Best of luck to both teams!

Geese oh petes I've got some back reading to do.

Real,
The MXS looks awesome!

Jim,
that Decathlon is begging to be flown with smoke

Rick,
I hope your doing well!!!

Blessings Y'all!

Jay
Hi Jay, getting close now to play with the P-51. I just got the servos, ESC and I have a motor from the T-28. But I will need to wait until I move in to have the garage room to spread out and do the balasa work you showed me in the fuse. But I am getting closer.
JPEE


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion our soaring brothers got2soar Hand Launch 19 Aug 17, 2010 09:58 AM
Sold Futaba Low Band R127DF Receiver! flyinjrc74 Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 0 Feb 27, 2010 10:48 AM
Sold Band of Brothers DVD set Tin Collectors Edition ($45 Shipped, great conditon!) CGReload Non R/C Items (FS/W) 2 Aug 17, 2008 08:11 PM
Band of Brothers - the real-life heroes leccyflyer Life, The Universe, and Politics 5 Dec 08, 2001 10:52 PM
Band of Brothers, anyone else watching? Fitz Walker Life, The Universe, and Politics 23 Oct 05, 2001 08:22 PM