Mar 23, 2010, 05:09 PM
Got Helis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnuk
Here's a comparison picture of the motor. The first picture is from back in January with about 9 fights on it. At the time I thought they were just "score" marks from the manufacturing process. The second picture was taken today now with 15 flights. You can see its getting worse. Is there a certain procedure from HH for warranty or just send an email to their customer service? TIA for any help.

Jim
Jim,

Sounds like you had a great day, cranking the skys and all. I just get to watch the skys.

Excellent find on the cracks in the motor. You sure have an eye for details and PMing your equipment. We all should do it more. I remember the first picture you posted months ago, and asked our opinions about. Well now we know, it's a weak point in the base and will break. Kinda like a fracture looking for a place to happen.

Here's the page you need to go to.. Either call them or e-mail. I'm sure you'll need a RMA number.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Horizon/ContactHorizon.aspx

Dave
Last edited by choppersrule; Mar 23, 2010 at 05:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 23, 2010, 05:40 PM
Luvin' Life
Thread OP
Jim,
I was thinking about the personal goals thing. I don't set certain goals at the beginning of the season. I think I'm more like JPEE, I do it when I start to get bored. I have so many irons in the fire when it comes to RC that my goal is usually just to remember what Tx program works with what and how much time I can fly on the battery
One major goal set is to be more safe with my batteries. No more charging unattended and storing safely.

You've got me thinking though that maybe I should because I'll progress more.

Blessings Y'all,

Jay
Mar 23, 2010, 06:26 PM
Luvin' Life
Thread OP
Jim,
On the motor... is it me or does it look the same? It makes me think that the motors that are cracked happened when they pressed it together. Just thinking out loud

God Bless,

Jay
Mar 23, 2010, 07:50 PM
I meant to do that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Radioflyer
Jim,
I was thinking about the personal goals thing. I don't set certain goals at the beginning of the season. I think I'm more like JPEE, I do it when I start to get bored. I have so many irons in the fire when it comes to RC that my goal is usually just to remember what Tx program works with what and how much time I can fly on the battery
One major goal set is to be more safe with my batteries. No more charging unattended and storing safely.

You've got me thinking though that maybe I should because I'll progress more.

Blessings Y'all,

Jay
I started doin the same with batteries, I got a old steel 2 drawer file cabinet Im using the top to charge in and the bottom is storage. I think its working well
Mar 23, 2010, 07:51 PM
That looks about right!
Jay- They do look similar and pictures make it had to see. In the "before" pic the cracks are more "straight line" making it look like it was from manufacturing it. In the "after" pic, the cracks are now more jagged and are begining to expand. It is difficult to see it from the pics but certainly noticeable with the naked eye.

I was just thinking out loud with goals, seeing what everyone else does or doesn't do. Seems as though "life" gets in the way of most my RC goals but I wouldn't trade these day with the kids and my wife for anything.

Jim
Last edited by Wnuk; Mar 23, 2010 at 09:04 PM.
Mar 23, 2010, 07:58 PM
I meant to do that!
JPEE
Thats a good thing that they came home the same as when they left.

Jim
Ill remember to fly the helis first from now. Good catch with the crackd housing.

Dave
No wind way down here today clear skys sunny 62

Rick
Nice little cam. Like the others said make a small foam mount to help with vibes.

I got my engine repaired. Tapped new holes, perma-coil thread inserts, lock-tite. Feels strong now will check it again tomorrow. Supposed to rain here the rest of the week except for Saturday.
Mar 23, 2010, 08:09 PM
Luvin' Life
Thread OP
Kyle,
Great job on repairing yourself, it's nice to save the $$. I'm glad you could fix it

Jim,
It sounds like you have you priorities in line. I sometimes catch myself wanting some good "me" time too

Blessings,

Jay
Mar 23, 2010, 08:25 PM
TIME is so things last longer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Radioflyer
Kyle,
Great job on repairing yourself, it's nice to save the $$. I'm glad you could fix it

Jim,
It sounds like you have you priorities in line. I sometimes catch myself wanting some good "me" time too

Blessings,

Jay
Hello Jim,
Overall it sounds like you had a red letter day! Flying both heli and your plank in that order is what I do. The presents you need to fly a heli as you know is demanding, so I too always fly me heli first. That's so I will be limber lol for the plank. Sorry about the motor issues, even when they repair it, you will still be saddled with it down the line so you'll have to make some type of upgrade in the future.
The gate at our field was locked because no one was there. We all have a key and can have 24-7 entrance.

Chopper, you right! no flying no time for me to spend charging up those pesky batteries! Sorry for the wind you have. YEP stick with that old SIM.

Kyle, later today I was at the big City Fly Park and in fact saw a 900E. It was very impressive and howeled like cat with her tail pinched. Gotcha didn't I. A 900e, riiiiiight.....we all have to dream lol.

JPEE
Mar 23, 2010, 09:08 PM
That looks about right!
Jay I'm with you, I need "me" time every now and then, and RC is my outlet.

Kyle- sounds like a solid repair job on the carb. Keep us updated for sure.

Dave & Jpee- It's crappy flying days that make hanging out with all of you so much fun. Usually one of us has done some flying and reports back to the group. if we can't get our thumbs on the RX at least we can read about friends who did.
Jim
Mar 23, 2010, 10:18 PM
Got Helis

Something to Say

Hi Bob's,

I look at all of you like super friends, and we always have something to share.

I've held back for some time, but I think, I need to share this with you, with things that happen in our lives.

On Feb. 18th, Liz's mother had passed away. She was in very ill health for quite sometime, and it was her time to leave us. Sometimes, it's for the best, and the family knew that. Liz's mom and dad were married for 59 years.

Right now, I'm just at a lost for words..

Love you guys,

Dave
Mar 24, 2010, 06:21 AM
That looks about right!
My sincere condolences to you, Liz, and your entire family. Will say a prayer for all of you. Remember the good times with her and when she was healthy. They will help comfort you .

Jim
Mar 24, 2010, 07:52 AM

CONDOLENCES Choppers

It's good to hear from you that you recognize the fact "it was time" for the lady's passing. That says the person now is at peace, and out of suffering and maybe that will be high comfort to both you and your wife. I transmit my heartfelt sincerest condolences and remind you: time slowly heals. RICK
Mar 24, 2010, 03:08 PM
ooops
I've been a reader of the 'Wheeee" thread for a long time. I think you took a step backwards bringing it here. Given time I think you'll agree.
Mar 24, 2010, 04:08 PM
I meant to do that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StCalvin
I've been a reader of the 'Wheeee" thread for a long time. I think you took a step backwards bringing it here. Given time I think you'll agree.
I don't think that's true. With all the problems we were having at RCU and not flying bcp's anymore I think we made a good move. Now its a bunch of old buddies talkin about everything from that days flight to what we ate that morning.
Mar 24, 2010, 05:16 PM
That looks about right!
StCalvin- thanks for joining us here. Why not become involved with the group instead of just being a reader? We're an easy going bunch who like to talk RC and all thing really.

Just out of curiosity, why do you suggest moving here would be a regret?

Jim

Quick Reply