Mar 12, 2010, 02:06 PM
Thread OP
Help!

does anybody know anything about the magnum xls 61

i just bought the magnum xls 61 to put in my aeroworks 46-61 and was wondering if this motor is any good
to remove ads between posts
Mar 14, 2010, 11:06 AM
yes
Mar 25, 2010, 10:45 AM
Frankster
I have one on an Intruder pattern plane. Pulls hard with a 12 x 8 prop.
Mar 25, 2010, 07:21 PM
Registered User Wannabe
Quote:
does anybody know anything about the magnum xls 61
I think it's essentially a clone of the os 61 fx.
Mar 25, 2010, 08:22 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwoodace
i just bought the magnum xls 61 to put in my aeroworks 46-61 and was wondering if this motor is any good
Please do not take this as being sarcastic , its totally not meant to be , , , Shouldnt you ask such a question BEFORE you buy something as important as an engine ? Before I buy anything hobby related ive "done my homework" and read as much as possible about it so as not to get burned ! If you let impulse , or price , determine your purchases , you are bound to get disappointed some time or another . It sounds like you got lucky , and people DO seem to have mostly good things to say about the magnum , but next time you may not be as lucky if you dont do a bit of reading before buying . Best of Luck with it and Happy Flying
Mar 28, 2010, 12:44 PM
NM2K
Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun
Please do not take this as being sarcastic , its totally not meant to be , , , Shouldnt you ask such a question BEFORE you buy something as important as an engine ? Before I buy anything hobby related ive "done my homework" and read as much as possible about it so as not to get burned ! If you let impulse , or price , determine your purchases , you are bound to get disappointed some time or another . It sounds like you got lucky , and people DO seem to have mostly good things to say about the magnum , but next time you may not be as lucky if you dont do a bit of reading before buying . Best of Luck with it and Happy Flying

There you go, trying to bring logic into our model airplane hobby!

I vary, myself. Sometimes I do the research first - then buy. Or, like this gentleman, I buy - then do the research. Oddly enough, it doesn't seem to make a difference much one way or the other.

I bought and flew the dickens out of your engine's predecessor, an ASP .61 ABC that powered my Chaos 60 for a few years. Nary a single problem and lots of power to boot. Since the ASP and Magnum engines are virtually identical except for the name on the crankcase, I would buy a Magnum .61 XLS without a second's hesitation. I hope that helps.

Ed Cregger
Mar 31, 2010, 05:46 PM
Thread OP
thanks you guys i just wanted to let you know that my new magnum xls 61 is a exellent engine and i am very impressed

Quick Reply