anyone here using bubble-less fuel tanks. - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 12, 2010, 10:24 AM
Discussion

anyone here using bubble-less fuel tanks.

I had a flame-out on my Sabre 47 and had some repairing to do. I think it might have been avoided with a bubbleless fuel tank. Maybe.

On a flat spin, it seems as if the fuel would be thrown forward, away from the clunk. And various other crazy-G maneuvers as well.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 18, 2010, 03:12 PM
Lawndart
Tettra tanks are nice but for what you are doing an inline final filter should do the trick. Tettra tanks also have a non-bladder option and they do make great fuel cells but they are spendy. Bladder versions need to replace the bladder about once a year and they are a pain to fill. I usually prefer to use a Hayes tank unless I am using a very small engine or performance pylon engine.
Mar 24, 2010, 05:31 PM
I had a flameout problem on an Outlaw delta, every time I would do a pile driver (upright full throttle blender) the motor would cough and choke and about 1/2 the time quit. I installed a header tank like the ones used on 3-D helis, problem solved.

Jeff
Mar 24, 2010, 08:51 PM
i am enjoying my new Tettra tank. A header tank would have done the trick as well, I am sure.