Apr 07, 2010, 11:52 AM

Anxious to get a Fun Cub

I'm really looking forward to a Fun Cub. May even get two.

For the last couple years I have been flying a Hobby Zone Super Cub with flaps, ailerons, 450 size motor, and Tundra tires. I also took the dihedral out of the wing so it is more comfotable upside down. It's my favorite plane for relaxed flying, between ducted fans, helis, 3D foamies.

Multiplex makes GREAT planes. I recommend them to everyone.

In answer to a couple of questions above: Don't even think about a prop saver on a motor like the Fun Cub's.
The Twister is a really nice flying DF, durable, too. we were doing speed runs using a radar gun and i momentarily lost it in the sun. Hit the ground at 75 mph. Took 15 minutes to get back in the air.

...............Moose...............
to remove ads between posts
Apr 07, 2010, 12:05 PM
akMoose;
Sounds like quite the plane for the Alaska bush country you've got there.. I can't wait to try out this fun cub. DF stuff scares me right now, as I'm still a newb, but I'll give it a shot some day.
Apr 08, 2010, 10:44 PM
Lifetime Member
Ok, to address some of my own questions, from the photos, it looks like the ailerons and flaps on the FunCub are larger than the cutouts on the EasyCub wing. I am still wondering about the fuselage and if there has been any modifications to the nose for installing a larger diameter motor.

John
Apr 09, 2010, 07:33 AM
Just for Information, checking with Multiplex, it looks as if it will be June or later for the funCub to be available in the US. I am still waiting, patiently.
Apr 09, 2010, 09:35 AM
Lifetime Member
How did you contact Multiplex to get this info and can we consider it accurate in your opinion?

In the meantime does anyone know if the same results could be had by modifying the EasyCub?

John
Apr 09, 2010, 09:37 AM
Lifetime Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by benski
I'm hooked! Has anyone else done the math on how much this little darling is going to cost?
I've just got a couple of wild guesses here, please tell me if I'm way off:

Fuse 130.00
Motor 35.00
ESC 55.00
DSM2 rcvr 70.00
6 servos 120.00
Battery 60.00
Misc. 30.00

Best guess total $500.00 not including tax. This would include the flap option, but not the floats, unless they are included in the base price of the plane. I don't think I've got the courage yet to put this thing on floats, although it obviously handles it very well.

Does this seem about right? I need to know how many pints of blood I've got to sell to get ahold of one of these!

And another obviously newb question: These planes are manufactured in Germany, is that correct? Thanks in advance.
Where did you get the price of $130 for the kit?

John
Apr 09, 2010, 11:25 AM
I took a link off of a British hobby store that apparently has them for 77 British pounds. I'll see if I can re-create what I did and post it for you.
Apr 09, 2010, 11:35 AM
I found a dealer in England, www.modelspot.com/kit-only-9-c.asp that says they are expecting them March 2010, for 77.5 British pounds. Obviously, Multiplex's delivery date has slipped, or, modelspot hasn't updated their website. Anyway, that's how I arrived at my guess.
Apr 09, 2010, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM
How did you contact Multiplex to get this info and can we consider it accurate in your opinion?

In the meantime does anyone know if the same results could be had by modifying the EasyCub?

John
By contacting the Multiplex Service web site.
Apr 09, 2010, 02:14 PM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by benski
I found a dealer in England, www.modelspot.com/kit-only-9-c.asp that says they are expecting them March 2010, for 77.5 British pounds. Obviously, Multiplex's delivery date has slipped, or, modelspot hasn't updated their website. Anyway, that's how I arrived at my guess.
They are the main UK Multiplex importer....
Apr 09, 2010, 05:30 PM
I am waiting for this plane as well, but I have heard from modelspot.com:
"Hi Jakub,
We will not be getting these for another 3 weeks. Sorry for the delay.
Regards
Justin"

We need to wait, hope not so long...
Apr 09, 2010, 11:33 PM
Oh good! I can sell more blood in the meantime! In all honesty, it isn't quite that bad, but it is close! I'd love to get really good at flying this plane..practice, practice, practice, CA, (or specified adhesive) etc.
Apr 12, 2010, 04:19 AM
Multiplex planes are now made in asia and shipped to distributors from there I believe.
So I don't think europe will be way ahead of everyone else in getting the models from now on.
Here in Aus we got our merlin shipment before christmas last year..... but they only sent one

I hope the easycub is only a few weeks away, stuff the merlin I want one bad
after seeing MM's video.
Apr 12, 2010, 04:33 AM
RIP Azarr - "Old age is not for sissies"
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt35r
Multiplex planes are now made in asia and shipped to distributors from there I believe.
So I don't think europe will be way ahead of everyone else in getting the models from now on.
Here in Aus we got our merlin shipment before christmas last year..... but they only sent one

I hope the easycub is only a few weeks away, stuff the merlin I want one bad
after seeing MM's video.
I was surprised that HiTec didn't have one in time to display at the Toledo show. I asked about delivery and was told tentatively around Jun.

Azarr
Apr 12, 2010, 05:52 AM
Generally Multiplex makes good planes but should change the german website at least to the usa level...

Quick Reply