Thread Tools
Feb 13, 2013, 07:08 AM
Salome, AZ
Go to R2hobbies.com then in the search window type in 1520025 That is the part number.
$3.73 ea.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 13, 2013, 07:57 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesxii
Go to R2hobbies.com then in the search window type in 1520025 That is the part number.
$3.73 ea.
How much was shipping and how long to deliver?
Feb 13, 2013, 08:22 AM
RMS
RMS
Registered User
RMS's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickflaguy
How much was shipping and how long to deliver?
I have bought these in the past and I just ordered two more twenty minutes ago. Shipping was $5.51 registered from Singapore post. If I remember it took about 2 to 3 weeks the last time. They come in an envelope, kind of flat, then you just have to bend them open. Real nice actually. Not worth me soldering up a set at that price.
Feb 13, 2013, 09:11 AM
Registered User
Weed89's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubcrafter60
Weed89 - Sounds pretty good, and for $18.85 hard not to at least give it a test fly! Got one on order - Thanks! ~ Robin
Hey..don't forget you will need a 5mm collet style prop adapter....they give you the Bolt on adapter for firwall mounting only.

If you need to order 1 try Headsuprc.com only a few $$$

P.S. you are gonna' love the motor IMHO it makes the FC Perfect !!...not so much a rocket ( but will scoot) more like a BULLDOZER

Pat......

P.S. you will probabaly not get shipping info from hobyzone until AFTER you already have the thing...They Suck that way...But you will get it aprox 4 days...so sit back and relax...I do not like their shipping notification....b ut they do come thru' in the end
Feb 13, 2013, 09:15 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMS
I have bought these in the past and I just ordered two more twenty minutes ago. Shipping was $5.51 registered from Singapore post. If I remember it took about 2 to 3 weeks the last time. They come in an envelope, kind of flat, then you just have to bend them open. Real nice actually. Not worth me soldering up a set at that price.
I need to take a picture of the setup the builder used on mine. Very similar but he used wheel collets instead of solder. Simple and cheap.
Feb 13, 2013, 09:40 AM
RMS
RMS
Registered User
RMS's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickflaguy
I need to take a picture of the setup the builder used on mine. Very similar but he used wheel collets instead of solder. Simple and cheap.
I have done that on many larger planes. It works excellent!
Feb 13, 2013, 01:23 PM
Registered User
Randbo39's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubcrafter60
zeezee - Yes, my got rocks mod (see my blog) had the 'vee' sanded out of the bottom of the fuselage and was sheeted except where the gear mounted which was 1/8' ply. On my next install I'd install a plate on the inside as well and find a way to tie the two together! I've got to run, but if you have more questions I'll be back on this evening!

The gear are definitely made to order (hand made) and are of good quality, but dont expect a miniature set of Robart gear! ~ Robin
Man!, Is that an elaborate bash or what?!!!!!
Feb 13, 2013, 02:55 PM
Registered User
mjdee14's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weed89
Phanntom- get a Tacon Bigfoot 10 for $18.00 you will Never look back...

http://www.hobbypartz.com/96m601-big...20-1100kv.html

I have the Himax 3516-0840 ....way over priced...and I wanted a little more Ummph

The E-Flite is nice too But way over priced ( and Mind you...Most of my motors are the gold Axi's )

Keep your plane light enough and you can get off the ground in about a foot and a half is that SHORT field enough?

The big foot is JUST right !! @ for 18.00 if you dont like it..get somthing else...BUT I Promiss you will love it !! 12x6 prop & Order or buy a 5mm collet style prop adapter. I use a 60amp ESC. because I wanted too...also the big foot CAN fly on a 4s1p lipo too...but on the fun cub..Absolutly no reason for that.

I like mine soo much I bought a back up one too !! putting my $$ where my mouth is

Pat
+1 On the Bigfoot....I love mine....and he's right 3s flys great, 4s flys FAST! The other guys flying cubs couldn't belive how fast mine was on 4s. Great motor for the $$$ .
Feb 13, 2013, 05:17 PM
Registered User
Weed89's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdee14
4s flys FAST! The other guys flying cubs couldn't belive how fast mine was on 4s. Great motor for the $$$ .
what size ESC & Prop did you use with the 4s1p?...LOL Not that I want to drop a 4s1p in mine for a test drive
Feb 13, 2013, 06:13 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickflaguy
My cub has no nose heavy tendencies.
I was just referring to the fact that a lot of the posters here mention that they need to put their batteries almost as far back as they can get them to get the CG back to about 70 or 75 mm. I know I do. I set the back end of the battery at the front edge of the cooling hole on the bottom. And that is with a very light motor. I consider that to be a bit of a nose heavy airframe. Heck, the front end of the battery only barely extends into the open forward portion of the the battery compartment. I can hardly see it! A heavier tail wheel assembly would help but I have had no problems with the stock one so it stays as is. I did fiberglass the inside of the motor area, but that and my motor certainly would not add up to the weight of most of the motors used by posters here.

Gord
Feb 13, 2013, 06:43 PM
Registered User
Weed89's Avatar
My cub is not Nose heavy either....but I use at the spar ( aprox 60~65mm) as my CG..still have a little room to slide the lipo in either direction fore/aft. and mine is not nose heavy or tail heavy...Flys like its' on rails...but to each their own...

Would post videos...but my gopro2 videos gets so stripped down by youtube & Viemo...not worth the effort

Pat
Feb 13, 2013, 08:55 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordks
I was just referring to the fact that a lot of the posters here mention that they need to put their batteries almost as far back as they can get them to get the CG back to about 70 or 75 mm. I know I do. I set the back end of the battery at the front edge of the cooling hole on the bottom. And that is with a very light motor. I consider that to be a bit of a nose heavy airframe. Heck, the front end of the battery only barely extends into the open forward portion of the the battery compartment. I can hardly see it! A heavier tail wheel assembly would help but I have had no problems with the stock one so it stays as is. I did fiberglass the inside of the motor area, but that and my motor certainly would not add up to the weight of most of the motors used by posters here.

Gord
I slide mine most of the way back too and fly around 80mm. I'm using a 480 motor too. With light flaps it flies inverted wit no change in climb or descent. If I monter motored it it would be very nose heavy.
Feb 14, 2013, 09:33 AM
LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weed89
My cub is not Nose heavy either....but I use at the spar ( aprox 60~65mm) as my CG..still have a little room to slide the lipo in either direction fore/aft. and mine is not nose heavy or tail heavy...Flys like its' on rails...but to each their own...

Would post videos...but my gopro2 videos gets so stripped down by youtube & Viemo...not worth the effort

Pat
You must have trained it well.
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Feb 14, 2013, 10:22 AM
Registered User
cracksmeup's Avatar
After reading posts about battery locations i will probly wait to mount my reciever till i know how far back the battery will sit for my cg.BTW I balance all my planes upside down and all of them fly better inverted . joe
Feb 14, 2013, 12:57 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickflaguy
I slide mine most of the way back too and fly around 80mm. I'm using a 480 motor too. With light flaps it flies inverted wit no change in climb or descent. If I monter motored it it would be very nose heavy.
Mine flies inverted with almost no down elevator, which is the way I like it. That is without any flaps. I have never tried flaps inverted. Never even thought of it. Might be interesting to try! I don't think I could reach 80mm CG without adding weight to the tail. Pretty happy with about 75.

Gord


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Fun Cub sinowace Hitec/Multiplex USA 14 Oct 09, 2011 04:43 PM
Discussion Multiplex Fun Jet at the lake bah7566 FPV Talk 31 Jan 03, 2010 09:19 AM
For Sale Multiplex Fun Jet -- PRICE DROP Toby W Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Dec 28, 2009 09:51 AM
Video Multiplex Fun Jet FPV set up test bah7566 Electric Plane Talk 0 Dec 25, 2009 10:05 PM
Wanted multiplex fun-jet or trade! heli123 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Nov 14, 2009 11:02 AM