Thread Tools
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:59 PM
IndyMatt is offline
Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Registered User
Here is a photo of the my cub with the lights on:



Planning on flying her this weekend, supposed to have perfect flying weather for this time of year at least!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:48 AM
GLM is offline
GLM
Find More Posts by GLM
GLM
AMA 209854
GLM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt View Post
Here is a photo of the my cub with the lights on:



Planning on flying her this weekend, supposed to have perfect flying weather for this time of year at least!
Beauty!

Gary
Old Nov 16, 2012, 06:33 AM
Rickflaguy is offline
Find More Posts by Rickflaguy
Registered User
[QUOTE=IndyMatt;23280473]Here is a photo of the my cub with the lights on:


Sweet! Nice paint job too.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:25 PM
aerotony is offline
Find More Posts by aerotony
Registered User
John,
The E-Flite Super Cub 25e parts are listed at Horizon Hobby with part number EFL 460016 at $17.49.
Was this set of parts sufficient for the landing gear conversion or did you need further hardware parts such as EFL460017 and the wheels EFL460010 or did the Fun Cub wheels fit the Super Cub Landing gear?
Tony

EDIT I saw your posting #13413 after writing the above. Drilling stainless steel might be beyond my skill level!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmpjohn View Post
This is the replacment gear for the E Flight Super Cub 25e. All of $17.00 from HH. The three pieces marked with red arrows need to be shortened and redrilled to fit the narrower FC fuse. I embedded two pieces of maple motor mount stock across the fuse to screw the gear to. I also openned the bungee cover and removed one of the "O" rings for better action on the lighter FC.

John
Last edited by aerotony; Nov 16, 2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:46 PM
JDMJim is offline
Find More Posts by JDMJim
Registered User
JDMJim's Avatar
I bumped my flaps setting 10 clicks lower. I don't have the CG right for that kinda slow flying...but it makes for better asphalt landings.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:56 PM
GLM is offline
GLM
Find More Posts by GLM
GLM
AMA 209854
GLM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMJim View Post
I bumped my flaps setting 10 clicks lower. I don't have the CG right for that kinda slow flying...but it makes for better asphalt landings.
Hi JD,

Have you considered mixing in some down elevator with your flaps? Works very well for me.

Cheers!

Gary
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:13 AM
FunPilot is online now
Find More Posts by FunPilot
All Thumbs
FunPilot's Avatar
Yes ... flap-to-elevator mixing is the way to go.

BTW, after pharting around with a number of motors and props on my FC, all of which were fun in a variety of ways, I eventually just bought the Multiplex Fun Cub Power Set and have discovered that it flies best that way for my needs (duh ... some of us need to find these things out the hard way ). Looks like I'll be sticking with that for a while.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:41 AM
wjjones is offline
Find More Posts by wjjones
Registered User
wjjones's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunPilot View Post
Yes ... flap-to-elevator mixing is the way to go.

BTW, after pharting around with a number of motors and props on my FC, all of which were fun in a variety of ways, I eventually just bought the Multiplex Fun Cub Power Set and have discovered that it flies best that way for my needs (duh ... some of us need to find these things out the hard way ). Looks like I'll be sticking with that for a while.
You may not even need much elevator if you only use the flaps at very low speeds, e.g. when landing. I question whether they ever intended for the flaps to be deployed at higher speeds.

Also, I have been plenty satisfied with the stock Multiplex power set.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:04 AM
FunPilot is online now
Find More Posts by FunPilot
All Thumbs
FunPilot's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjjones View Post
You may not even need much elevator if you only use the flaps at very low speeds, e.g. when landing. I question whether they ever intended for the flaps to be deployed at higher speeds.
I agree that it's probably not the proper way to fly, but it's so much fun to hit the flaps and watch the plane come to a screeching almost-stop in a bit of a headwind. Definitely not something commercial airline pilots should try.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 02:33 AM
pokiou is online now
Find More Posts by pokiou
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunPilot View Post
Definitely not something commercial airline pilots should try.

it would be interesting...
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:33 AM
Flybynight2 is offline
Find More Posts by Flybynight2
Will it ever Fly?
Flybynight2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunPilot View Post
I agree that it's probably not the proper way to fly, but it's so much fun to hit the flaps and watch the plane come to a screeching almost-stop in a bit of a headwind. Definitely not something commercial airline pilots should try.
Maybe not commercial. But, I can tell you private pilots do
And commercial pilots with out PAX.
Last edited by Flybynight2; Nov 17, 2012 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Splleing? lol
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:45 PM
Weed89 is offline
Find More Posts by Weed89
Registered User
Weed89's Avatar
Again...cant maiden...RAIN....first was wind...now rain and I live in a season free enviroment..California
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:54 PM
FunPilot is online now
Find More Posts by FunPilot
All Thumbs
FunPilot's Avatar
Frustrating, isn't it.

Loaded my freshly tweaked Fun Cub and other gear up this morning, drove 25 min. to the club airfield only to be met by howling winds. The airfield is on the other side of a small-ish mountain range to where I live, and the weather can be drastically different on either side. You just don't know until you get there. There's a tunnel through the mountains, and it can be raining when you enter on one side and dry when you come out the other, or vice-versa. Weird. but that's nature.

At least I got a couple of flights in yesterday.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:55 PM
JDMJim is offline
Find More Posts by JDMJim
Registered User
JDMJim's Avatar
I have elevator mixed in. I moved battery back about 8mm. Much better now...
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:38 PM
pokiou is online now
Find More Posts by pokiou
Registered User
Just took mine out now. New motor ESC prop... VERTICAL LIKE saturn 5 rocket!. No vibrations, no jutter or cut outs, perfect. So much wind that on landing a freak gust hot the plane and that flipped it and broke the prop. Btw i was using the 13x8 prop and with 2/10's of a throttle she flew around nicely when no wind was blowing her around.

So what i'm going to be doing is putting the 13x4 back on, wait for the wind to kinda pee off and also the sun to decend to a nice level so i don't turn in to a roast turkey.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Fun Cub sinowace Hitec/Multiplex USA 14 Oct 09, 2011 05:43 PM
Discussion Multiplex Fun Jet at the lake bah7566 FPV Talk 31 Jan 03, 2010 10:19 AM
For Sale Multiplex Fun Jet -- PRICE DROP Toby W Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Dec 28, 2009 10:51 AM
Video Multiplex Fun Jet FPV set up test bah7566 Electric Plane Talk 0 Dec 25, 2009 11:05 PM
Wanted multiplex fun-jet or trade! heli123 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Nov 14, 2009 12:02 PM