Oct 23, 2012, 06:04 AM
Prefers radials
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokiou
i just need a quick fix for my funcub so i can run on 3s's lol. I'll be ordering a multiplex power kit and i guess you can never have to many esc and motors laying about :P, Plus i might just throw one in a ARTF kit till i decide what it needs.

It seems this kit is actually a rebranded Hobbyking esc and Turnigy motor. So i think thats pretty good.. I mean for 50 bucks im getting the Tuning car motor and 60a esc right.
If you're referring to the Fun Cub Multiplex Power Pack MPU993243, it includes a Himax motor and a Castle Thunderbird 36a ESC, plus APC prop & misc. hardware.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 23, 2012, 07:28 AM
I was talking about the the Aeolian 3536 KV1000 - Evolution 60A with progaming card. But what do you think is causing the pulsing in the video i posted?
Oct 23, 2012, 08:36 AM
Fly Seaplanes
The speed control can't handle the Amp load and is cutting out.
Try a 30A ESC or even a 40A you will be fine.
My FunCub flies much better with a 12X6 than a 11X5.5. I have a 35X36 1150Kv motor.
Good luck
Oct 23, 2012, 09:17 AM
the ESC i have is 40A...
Oct 23, 2012, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Ok it's still doing it on a smaller

This time i made a video
you really need to use a watt meter on it...to make sure it isnt useing more amps than the esc and motor are rated for...(it will also give you Very useful info on your setup/prop selection etc) .... Also, How hot did the motor & Esc get ?? I didnt see you report that info...and in that short test, Did the lipo get warm? all this info can add up to a place to look at first.

But with that said I Might guess...your lipo is 20c(did it get warm..or even hot?)...perhaps that is the weak part of your system...the motor is trying to pull MORE than your 20C lipo can supply...therfore cutting out....(it is a big motor/prop...and sounds like it is drawing amps like crazy..Perhaps more than your 20C lipo can handle)

If you know anyone with a higher rated lipo See if they will let you test it.( that would be a FREE test )..dont run out and buy 1 just yet because it might not be your Solution....Get a watt meter

Good luck, and keep us posted with what you find out
Pat

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I promised my self to Never buy lipos under 40C from now on...and preferably all 65C....banana sell 65C lipos a are crazy good cost...but they are always out of the 1's I want ...I just bought 2 3s1p (65 c) 2800 packs for $35.00 each...I feel that is resonable and these suckers should work nice in my FunCub once I get all my parts to build it <going the power pack sold for this plane> but if it ever poops out I will replace it with the motor Jeff @ Headsup RC sells for this plane..it would have saved me $$$ I also would have a larger ESC than the thunderbirs 36A...ohh well...I like the way their power setup flys..a coulpe folks out here have them.
Last edited by Weed89; Oct 23, 2012 at 12:30 PM.
Oct 23, 2012, 12:57 PM
NorCal Prop Buster
HeadsupRC is a fantastic source for motors and their response to email questions
is top notch. This is one of those companies that is on my good guys list.

Blu
Oct 23, 2012, 12:58 PM
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFCmz_rqdJY&hd=1

This time i made a video
I will say this only one more time and then keep my mouth shut until you figure it out for yourself. You have a defective ESC. That is exactly the way mine acted. It was fine for a week then began to sound exactly like yours, getting worse as time went on. Exactly the same ESC. BTW, that is exactly the same battery that I have been using in my Funcub and it is plenty strong to fly this plane. Never overheats. That battery should be good for 44 amps continuous with 66 amp peaks. Your ESC would be smoking if you were pulling that much current, so unless that battery has been in use for a very long time it is more than sufficient. Even if the battery were tired it would not result in a sound like that. I have tried to help. Hope you get it fixed.

Gord
Oct 23, 2012, 01:58 PM
last weekend.

"That's a Funcub?! those wheels are huge!!"

As my plane goes lumbering over the grass to takeoff.....this plane never ceases to amaze. even did some formation hovering with a brushed Twinstar.
Oct 23, 2012, 02:05 PM
Team Horizon Hobby
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMJim
even did some formation hovering with a brushed Twinstar.
a hovering BRUSHED twinstar???
Oct 23, 2012, 02:13 PM
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFCmz_rqdJY&hd=1

This time i made a video
How many amps are you pulling? My glider did the same, the battery could not keep up, my ESC was fine, after I went to higher C rating battery, or a new one, it never did it again. But if that is not it, then ESC can be defective, either way the motor is not getting enough 'juice', as they say.
Oct 23, 2012, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer
HeadsupRC is a fantastic source for motors and their response to email questions

Blu
I just put my first order in to them as per the good reports such as yours.
Oct 23, 2012, 02:30 PM
I can crash anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer

Blu
+1
Great guys!
Oct 23, 2012, 02:46 PM
HeadsupRC = The best service around...great prices...$2.00 shipping ...I actually Like the quality of his products too....only had motors wearer from Long useage...you will get your stuff in 3days or less
Oct 23, 2012, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weed89
HeadsupRC = The best service around...great prices...$2.00 shipping ...I actually Like the quality of his products too....only had motors wearer from Long useage...you will get your stuff in 3days or less
Had an esc that wouldn't work and got a replacement right away. They told me to keep it.

Immediate customer service answers until late at night.

Good quality products.

Cheap shipping

OR

Buy from overseas and pay a little les with none of the above.
Overseas meaning China. I have yet to buy from our neighbors over the Atlantic but try to get an answer from over there and forget warantee!
Oct 23, 2012, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordks
I will say this only one more time and then keep my mouth shut until you figure it out for yourself. You have a defective ESC. That is exactly the way mine acted. It was fine for a week then began to sound exactly like yours, getting worse as time went on. Exactly the same ESC. BTW, that is exactly the same battery that I have been using in my Funcub and it is plenty strong to fly this plane. Never overheats. That battery should be good for 44 amps continuous with 66 amp peaks. Your ESC would be smoking if you were pulling that much current, so unless that battery has been in use for a very long time it is more than sufficient. Even if the battery were tired it would not result in a sound like that. I have tried to help. Hope you get it fixed.

Gord
Hey Guys,

Ok, im just trying to rule everything out. The ESC works fine with a 2s 30c battery. I will try another esc and motor and see if that resolves the issue. Atm i cant test with a watt meter as i dont have one .

I will have to invest in one as it seems like a tool to have .

Thanks everyone.

I forgot to add that the ESC remains very cool and so does the motor and battery. There is no sign of heat up. I guess ill just wait for the new ESC and motor combo. ATM she flies amazingly smooth on 2s batteries. Just cant do vertical climbs :P and very very quick accelerations of things go tits up.
Last edited by pokiou; Oct 23, 2012 at 05:20 PM.

Quick Reply