Oct 22, 2012, 05:36 PM

1 Channel "Y" cable flap installation

Ok...Got a question....As you all I guess know...if you want to use a Y Harness for the flaps <to keep them on 1 channel> you must either get a servo reverser..OR reverse the mounting direction for 1 of them.

So Here is my question....Should I move the servo and Keep the control horn location?
Or....use the servo cutout..but move the control horn location?
Here are Pix of what I mean..

So which way should I go? A Or B ?....Sure wish Multiplex did this the correct way for us. I dont care for servo reversers...
to remove ads between posts
Oct 22, 2012, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weed89
Ok...Got a question....As you all I guess know...if you want to use a Y Harness for the flaps <to keep them on 1 channel> you must either get a servo reverser..OR reverse the mounting direction for 1 of them.

So Here is my question....Should I move the servo and Keep the control horn location?

So which way should I go? A Or B ?....Sure wish Multiplex did this the correct way for us. I dont care for servo reversers...
+1 for option A
Oct 22, 2012, 06:28 PM
I had an interesting experience today. I was flying my FunCub with floats in a fairly strong wind and after one landing the wind caught a wing and flipped it over in the water. I was just about ready to launch my kayak for retrieval when the wind lifted the horizontal stab and flipped the tail over to upright the airplane. I advanced the throttle, took off and completed the flight, including several more landings, with no problems. The amazing thing about this airplane is that when it flips over, it floats so high than none of the electronics get wet.
Oct 22, 2012, 06:36 PM
Quote:

Option C and I can't find the post. Someone her flipped one and made an offset control rod to meet up with the control horn. No extra carving and a very good solution. If I find the post I will post it later.
Oct 22, 2012, 06:40 PM
Well i might just get a new ESC and motor kit, in fact i might just buy the Funcub power pack.

As for the servo question why don't you just reverse one of them? its very very easy to do. You just re-solder 4 cables and its good to go. There is plenty of guides on Youtube. I did it and i have terrible soldering skills. Unless you don't have a soldering iron then i would suggest getting a reverser or buy a servo that can be reversed from factory.

Pok.

P.s. thanks everyone for helping out. I love the community here your all got a bottomless pit of knowledge and always happy to lend a hand! Thanks guys/gals!.
Oct 22, 2012, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickflaguy
Option C and I can't find the post. Someone her flipped one and made an offset control rod to meet up with the control horn. No extra carving and a very good solution. If I find the post I will post it later.
Servo reversers can slow down the deployment of the reversed flap too.
Oct 22, 2012, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickflaguy
Perhaps you refer to this post?? I might use it..as wing balance will remain the same..and hing point will too...I want my extra channel for the tow/bomb/lights options...with out having to buy a Spectrum 8 chnl. RX

Thanks all for your help/input.....I also think Lag time on a servo reverser is not for me
Oct 22, 2012, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Perhaps you refer to this post?? I might use it..as wing balance will remain the same..and hing point will too...I want my extra channel for the tow/bomb/lights options...with out having to buy a Spectrum 8 chnl. RX

Thanks all for your help/input.....I also think Lag time on a servo reverser is not for me
I looked over and over to find that. Yes that's the one. Really clever solution anf the best option.

Remember this: In RC modeling there is always another option! (deep voice with lots of echo)
Oct 22, 2012, 08:06 PM
Quote:

Oh, one more thing. Not knowing if you have tried it hot glue is a great way to set servos. Use a low temp gun and glue. The best part is a Qtip soaked in rubbing alcohol will remove it with no cutting!
Oct 22, 2012, 09:21 PM
Hey guys, i just bought this set. Is it a good reliable set i mean for 50 bucks i couldn't look the other way.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....ht_8308wt_1068

any input?
Oct 22, 2012, 10:12 PM
I would say buy extra shafts. That is the motor I have and I broke 3 shafts
this summer.
Oct 22, 2012, 10:36 PM
I dont recommend that brand motor at all. I purchased one and never used it. It just seems cheap.
Oct 22, 2012, 10:45 PM
i just need a quick fix for my funcub so i can run on 3s's lol. I'll be ordering a multiplex power kit and i guess you can never have to many esc and motors laying about :P, Plus i might just throw one in a ARTF kit till i decide what it needs.

It seems this kit is actually a rebranded Hobbyking esc and Turnigy motor. So i think thats pretty good.. I mean for 50 bucks im getting the Tuning car motor and 60a esc right.
Last edited by pokiou; Oct 22, 2012 at 10:50 PM.
Oct 23, 2012, 01:16 AM
Cheyenne, What type of paint did you use on yours? can I use any type on this sort of foam?
Oct 23, 2012, 02:13 AM
Ok it's still doing it on a smaller

Multiplex funcub 3530 prop issues (1 min 59 sec)

This time i made a video
Last edited by pokiou; Oct 23, 2012 at 02:30 AM.

Quick Reply