New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:34 PM
shadow102 is offline
Find More Posts by shadow102
Registered User
shadow102's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3171scott View Post
Hello, Iím very interested in one of these fun cubs! Iím a 3DHS Junky and just a couple of weeks ago hade the pleasure of holding and watching there Prototype EPP Bigfoot. There was a guy flying a fun cub with Ben from 3DHS and the were having a ball slow flying and having contests who could drag one wheel the farthest down the run way. The prto is about a year away from production and I want to PLAY!!!!

So here is my Question for you allÖ.. Are there and what are the best mods and setups for this plane? I want the plane to be as aerobatic as it can be! The thread is to long to try to look through. Anything on flaps? Stiffeners? Set ups?

Planning on making a purchase soon, Thanks Scoot.
if your familiar with 3dhs stuff i am litterally running an entire combo from a 3dhs 48" edge in my funcub, the only thing i did was prop down to a 13x6.5 for some longer flights and extra ground/water clearance
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:55 PM
ufale is offline
Find More Posts by ufale
Registered User
ufale's Avatar
I am trying to make use of a motor that I have laying around. I put it on my Fun Cub (not going for 3D), with the following setup: 10 x 7 prop, 60 amp exceed esc, rimfire .10 motor (1250kv), and 2200 3s 40c battery. I got the following numbers with this setup: 33 amps, and 357 watts. Is this setup good enough for now? Should I use a different prop?
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:10 PM
electrich is online now
Find More Posts by electrich
DLG addict.
electrich's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufale View Post
I am trying to make use of a motor that I have laying around. I put it on my Fun Cub (not going for 3D), with the following setup: 10 x 7 prop, 60 amp exceed esc, rimfire .10 motor (1250kv), and 2200 3s 40c battery. I got the following numbers with this setup: 33 amps, and 357 watts. Is this setup good enough for now? Should I use a different prop?
That's a solid start. I currently have a 250 watt set up and it that will go vertical and hover with a good battery.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:37 PM
yellowcolorado is offline
Find More Posts by yellowcolorado
Registered User
DOes anyone have any suggestions of braces for the wings? Does the wong flex much without them?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:11 AM
cubcrafter60 is offline
Find More Posts by cubcrafter60
Wada ya mean, over engineered?
cubcrafter60's Avatar
yellowcolorado - IMHO - If your building a 'stock' FunCub for regular flying you shouldn't need wing struts, if however, your mods increase the weight or your flying leans towards the extreme, you may want to consider them! I've seen several with them on the thread but greedyg76's comes to mind, he's got pics on his blog and I seem to remember he posted some of the mounting details somewhere on this thread. (post #11076 page 739)!
FWIW - The only time I saw my wings 'flex' on my original 'stock' FunCub was when I pulled HARD out of a loop. ~ Robin
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Top Ten Favorite Planes
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:33 AM
Flahultarn is offline
Find More Posts by Flahultarn
Flap flier
Flahultarn's Avatar
Happened to see the D-EFUN original and it's not a taildragger! MPX seems to have liked the name.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:05 AM
knifeedge63 is offline
Find More Posts by knifeedge63
There is Victory in the Lord!
knifeedge63's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flahultarn View Post
Happened to see the D-EFUN original and it's not a taildragger! MPX seems to have liked the name.
ha awesome! c150! lol.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 03:22 AM
dk31 is offline
Find More Posts by dk31
Registered User
dk31's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufale View Post
I am trying to make use of a motor that I have laying around. I put it on my Fun Cub (not going for 3D), with the following setup: 10 x 7 prop, 60 amp exceed esc, rimfire .10 motor (1250kv), and 2200 3s 40c battery. I got the following numbers with this setup: 33 amps, and 357 watts. Is this setup good enough for now? Should I use a different prop?
More than good enough. You ll have plenty of power, but you might want to later use a 9x6 prop to extend your flight time a little.
My current setup (3536 1200kV + 9x6 aerodrive) at half throttle gives 1000gr of thrust at ~30Amp ~300watt ---> more than enough for a 1100gr plane.
Also you can later replace your 60a ESC with a smaller(cheaper) 40a, and save it for another project.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:00 AM
ufale is offline
Find More Posts by ufale
Registered User
ufale's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk31 View Post
More than good enough. You ll have plenty of power, but you might want to later use a 9x6 prop to extend your flight time a little.
My current setup (3536 1200kV + 9x6 aerodrive) at half throttle gives 1000gr of thrust at ~30Amp ~300watt ---> more than enough for a 1100gr plane.
Also you can later replace your 60a ESC with a smaller(cheaper) 40a, and save it for another project.
Thanks! I am going to switch to a 9 x 6 prop. I only used the 60 amp exceed because I had it sitting on the shelf. It was so cheap (Hobby Partz) that I figured that it must be inferior. So far, it seems to be working pretty good.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 05:28 PM
aerotony is offline
Find More Posts by aerotony
Registered User
I have looked on the blog by greedyg76 for images of the Fun Cub but cannot find any.
I have tried opening the images on post #11076 without success.

Has anyone any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?
Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubcrafter60 View Post
yellowcolorado - IMHO - If your building a 'stock' FunCub for regular flying you shouldn't need wing struts, if however, your mods increase the weight or your flying leans towards the extreme, you may want to consider them! I've seen several with them on the thread but greedyg76's comes to mind, he's got pics on his blog and I seem to remember he posted some of the mounting details somewhere on this thread. (post #11076 page 739)!
FWIW - The only time I saw my wings 'flex' on my original 'stock' FunCub was when I pulled HARD out of a loop. ~ Robin
Old Sep 21, 2012, 05:37 PM
electrich is online now
Find More Posts by electrich
DLG addict.
electrich's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerotony View Post
I have looked on the blog by greedyg76 for images of the Fun Cub but cannot find any.
I have tried opening the images on post #11076 without success.

Has anyone any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?
Tony
Just go to page 739 of the thread. The pics look fine on my computer
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:24 PM
aerotony is offline
Find More Posts by aerotony
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrich View Post
Just go to page 739 of the thread. The pics look fine on my computer
elechtric,
Thanks for the response.
Looks like Google Chrome could be blocking the links but with a bit of a struggle Internet Explorer eventually has come up with something.

Still no success with any images on the blog for greedyg76.
Are there images there?
Tony
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:37 PM
mckolit is online now
Find More Posts by mckolit
Registered User
mckolit's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerotony View Post
elechtric,
Thanks for the response.
Looks like Google Chrome could be blocking the links but with a bit of a struggle Internet Explorer eventually has come up with something.

Still no success with any images on the blog for greedyg76.
Are there images there?
Tony
Try this
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=11076
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:44 PM
yellowcolorado is offline
Find More Posts by yellowcolorado
Registered User
I was thinking about picking up a set of these. What do you guys think?

http://secure.hobbyzone.com/search/HBZ7122.html
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:41 AM
knifeedge63 is offline
Find More Posts by knifeedge63
There is Victory in the Lord!
knifeedge63's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcolorado View Post
I was thinking about picking up a set of these. What do you guys think?

http://secure.hobbyzone.com/search/HBZ7122.html
they will be too small, and they are crap quality. too brittle. the are flexible and such which really isnt what you want.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Fun Cub sinowace Hitec/Multiplex USA 14 Oct 09, 2011 05:43 PM
Discussion Multiplex Fun Jet at the lake bah7566 FPV Talk 31 Jan 03, 2010 10:19 AM
For Sale Multiplex Fun Jet -- PRICE DROP Toby W Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Dec 28, 2009 10:51 AM
Video Multiplex Fun Jet FPV set up test bah7566 Electric Plane Talk 0 Dec 25, 2009 11:05 PM
Wanted multiplex fun-jet or trade! heli123 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Nov 14, 2009 12:02 PM