Multiplex Fun Cub - Page 765 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jun 20, 2012, 05:16 PM
The Crash King
RCDestroyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFlapper
Yes, several custom motor mounts of aluminum are available. There is one from Sotog who flys a funcub and contributes to this thread. Go to this website

http://www.smallpartscnc.com/

Dick

thanks!! Is that metal motor mount all it takes to remove vibrations? Also, are there any additional tricks that help remove vibrations?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 20, 2012, 05:54 PM
Registered User
I use the plastic mount that came with the kit and have never had any vibrations. I do not see how the aluminum one would stop the vibration. Mount it properly and you will have no problem.
Jun 20, 2012, 06:29 PM
Registered User
I also use the plastic mount and because my motor didn't really match up I'm actually just using 2 motor screws to hold the motor to the mount but still no vibrations.
Jun 20, 2012, 07:01 PM
Registered User
Del-Dredd's Avatar
The alloy mount also gives 300% better cooling then the plastic one which does not have any, apart from the small bit of space around the edge.
Jun 20, 2012, 07:11 PM
Smooth not Shaky
EFlapper's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCDestroyer
thanks!! Is that metal motor mount all it takes to remove vibrations? Also, are there any additional tricks that help remove vibrations?
Yes, I and many have used two tricks to help remove vibrations. First install a piece of square wood dowel between the motor mounts on each side in the slot at the rear of the mount, epoxy in place. second use fiberglass cloth from the front air intake bottom back to the cooling slot in the bottom of the fuselage and epoxy. You need to remove the mold release on this area first with an alcohol wipe. these two steps will stiffen the front of the model which is very flexible.

Dick
Jun 20, 2012, 07:33 PM
cheapskate extroardinairé
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy4753
So, will we be seeing some videos in the future to enjoy? I just ordered a key-chain camera that I'm going to stick in the windshield @ pilots line of sight for now. I have a complete FPV system in another plane and I think one in a FC could be a lot of fun for rough country takeoffs and landings as well as other strange flying, removed from conventional FPV.
that depends on whether or not the videos show my pathetic landings =)
Jun 20, 2012, 09:45 PM
Registered User

I'm HiTEC servo confused.


Quote:
Originally Posted by EFlapper
None with the 82MG's, I use the 55's on some lighter models but think the 81's are a better choice for the FC.

Dick
I looked up the size of the 81's and they are indentical to the 82MG's and that servo will not fit into the wing cut outs. The HS-55's do fit but have some wiggle room. So my question is when you say, "I use the 55's on some lighter models" are you telling my not to use the HS-55's? Again I was planning on using these for the aleron and flaps only, 82MG's for the tail control.
TIA,
Brian
Jun 20, 2012, 09:50 PM
Hobby King Hater
Kimber's Avatar
81's for the tail, 55's for the wing!
Jun 20, 2012, 10:47 PM
The Crash King
RCDestroyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFlapper
Yes, I and many have used two tricks to help remove vibrations. First install a piece of square wood dowel between the motor mounts on each side in the slot at the rear of the mount, epoxy in place. second use fiberglass cloth from the front air intake bottom back to the cooling slot in the bottom of the fuselage and epoxy. You need to remove the mold release on this area first with an alcohol wipe. these two steps will stiffen the front of the model which is very flexible.

Dick
Is there a picture of this wooden dowel modification? I'm having a hard time picturing what your saying. Thanks!
Jun 20, 2012, 11:39 PM
Big Jim
RTF Thumper's Avatar
Great time trying my new lights
Saturday Night Combat 16 June 12.wmv (13 min 24 sec)
Jun 20, 2012, 11:51 PM
Smooth not Shaky
EFlapper's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by B dog
I looked up the size of the 81's and they are indentical to the 82MG's and that servo will not fit into the wing cut outs. The HS-55's do fit but have some wiggle room. So my question is when you say, "I use the 55's on some lighter models" are you telling my not to use the HS-55's? Again I was planning on using these for the aleron and flaps only, 82MG's for the tail control.
TIA,
Brian
Sorry! I'm not telling you to not use the 55's. I prefer the 81's and made the wing cut out larger for them. The 55's will work and are OK to use. Again, sorry for giving you the wrong impression.
Dick
Jun 21, 2012, 12:03 AM
Smooth not Shaky
EFlapper's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCDestroyer
Is there a picture of this wooden dowel modification? I'm having a hard time picturing what your saying. Thanks!
There , are several posts on this fix way back and hard to find so I hope this picture is good enough to help you understand how.Name: PICT1325.jpg
Views: 244
Size: 173.1 KB
Description:

Name: PICT1326.jpg
Views: 252
Size: 186.3 KB
Description:
Jun 21, 2012, 12:09 AM
The Crash King
RCDestroyer's Avatar
That pic helps a lot! Thanks! The kit comes with a plastic crossbar. How does the wooden one removr the vibrations though? Sorry I'm asking so many questions, I just don't want to ruin my FC by vibrations. Lol
Jun 21, 2012, 12:19 AM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Tighten everything really really tight up in the front. That's what I did and I ahve no vibes with a decent power setup winging a 12x6.

I hated the 13x4, I probably already mentioned that though. Godd example of why we need some pitch on propellers
Jun 21, 2012, 01:31 AM
This is BAT country!
Gonzo 1971's Avatar
Why did you hate that prop?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Fun Cub sinowace Hitec/Multiplex USA 14 Oct 09, 2011 05:43 PM
Discussion Multiplex Fun Jet at the lake bah7566 FPV Talk 31 Jan 03, 2010 10:19 AM
For Sale Multiplex Fun Jet -- PRICE DROP Toby W Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Dec 28, 2009 10:51 AM
Video Multiplex Fun Jet FPV set up test bah7566 Electric Plane Talk 0 Dec 25, 2009 11:05 PM
Wanted multiplex fun-jet or trade! heli123 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Nov 14, 2009 12:02 PM