Jun 19, 2012, 08:32 AM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bluhammer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by morrigan View Post
he meant, that you got an old spare part, not a old fun cub.

The fin you get from your dealer seem to be the old version.

Bernd
Yes, thank you Bernd.
Blu
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2012, 08:51 AM
Registered User
madbadger's Avatar
oh right...sorry....ive been told that it help stability....
Jun 19, 2012, 05:38 PM
Registered User
Del-Dredd's Avatar
I would not worry about it, all of us with older Funcubs have the smaller Fin/Rudder and never had issues, well not me at any rate, it stops spinning immediately when controls released to neutral and stall turns just fine.
Jun 19, 2012, 07:12 PM
youtube.com/seafax
WalneyCol's Avatar

lake district


I was on my way through the lake district yesterday and found a georgous little valley I couldn't resist having a quick fly in. Sadly the gopro's memory was about full but I still managed to get a few minutes worth for posterity.

Multiplex Funcub over Ill Bell (3 min 32 sec)


Col.
Jun 19, 2012, 08:16 PM
Registered User
Beautiful place.
Jun 19, 2012, 08:18 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Hey, nice to see that red car driving on the right side of the road.


Cool vid!
Jun 19, 2012, 10:40 PM
cheapskate extroardinairé
hey guys, my funcub is due to arrive tomorrow. i was just wondering... has anyone tried fpv on one of these? would be fun to do some off-airport landings from cockpit view.
Jun 20, 2012, 12:15 AM
Registered User
ronmen's Avatar
great video
Jun 20, 2012, 01:46 AM
YOLO with airplanes!!!!!!!
wildafrican's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by baconflyer View Post
hey guys, my funcub is due to arrive tomorrow. i was just wondering... has anyone tried fpv on one of these? would be fun to do some off-airport landings from cockpit view.
the fun cub isn't the best for fpv but it goes great if you don't mind the lines created by the prop while its in motion. so its just up to you if you want to put up with it or not. theres some great websites on the web if you google search it, on how to make your cub a supreme fpv plane. but as i said its all up to you if you fpv the cub.
Jun 20, 2012, 11:06 AM
The Crash King
RCDestroyer's Avatar
I am considering getting a funcub but i dont know what servos to use. Are the rudder and elevator servo pockets molded to fit HS-81 size servos or HS-55 servos? Thanks!
Jun 20, 2012, 11:26 AM
KY3JBD
Hey Bacon flyer , I just FPV my Easy Cub last night and it worked great! Prop in the pic didnt bother me too much, i mounted my cam on the front of the wing right above the removable hatch. I am going to order a fun cub wing for it so i have ailerons for more response. So i think it makes a great FPV plane, sure carries the extra weight no problem on stock motor.........
Jun 20, 2012, 12:01 PM
Never stop being a kid.
BrundleFlyBy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCDestroyer View Post
I am considering getting a funcub but i dont know what servos to use. Are the rudder and elevator servo pockets molded to fit HS-81 size servos or HS-55 servos? Thanks!
They fit HS-81.
Jun 20, 2012, 01:11 PM
Registered User
eddy4753's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by witstick View Post
Hey Bacon flyer , I just FPV my Easy Cub last night and it worked great! Prop in the pic didnt bother me too much, i mounted my cam on the front of the wing right above the removable hatch. I am going to order a fun cub wing for it so i have ailerons for more response. So i think it makes a great FPV plane, sure carries the extra weight no problem on stock motor.........
So, will we be seeing some videos in the future to enjoy? I just ordered a key-chain camera that I'm going to stick in the windshield @ pilots line of sight for now. I have a complete FPV system in another plane and I think one in a FC could be a lot of fun for rough country takeoffs and landings as well as other strange flying, removed from conventional FPV.
Jun 20, 2012, 02:18 PM
The Crash King
RCDestroyer's Avatar
I've heard that lots of people are having problems with motor vibrations and te mounting systme. Are there custom mounts that people have made?
Jun 20, 2012, 03:52 PM
Smooth not Shaky
EFlapper's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCDestroyer View Post
I've heard that lots of people are having problems with motor vibrations and te mounting systme. Are there custom mounts that people have made?

Yes, several custom motor mounts of aluminum are available. There is one from Sotog who flys a funcub and contributes to this thread. Go to this website

http://www.smallpartscnc.com/

Dick


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Fun Cub sinowace Hitec/Multiplex USA 14 Oct 09, 2011 04:43 PM
Discussion Multiplex Fun Jet at the lake bah7566 FPV Talk 31 Jan 03, 2010 09:19 AM
For Sale Multiplex Fun Jet -- PRICE DROP Toby W Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Dec 28, 2009 09:51 AM
Video Multiplex Fun Jet FPV set up test bah7566 Electric Plane Talk 0 Dec 25, 2009 10:05 PM
Wanted multiplex fun-jet or trade! heli123 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Nov 14, 2009 11:02 AM