Jun 17, 2012, 06:41 PM
NORDPAC S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjjones View Post
I have a problem: I use velcro to secure the battery to the floor of the FC. I can't find the right glue to keep the velcro stuck to the battery compartment floor. Often, when I remove the battery, the glue on the velcro fails and both pieces come out with the battery.

How do you guys secure your power battery? I've tried CA and white Gorilla Glue on the velcro so far. Or...is there a better way than velcro?
When I have your Velcro problem I use Welder's. Works great and you do not have to remove the adhesive on the back of the Velcro.

Mfpage
to remove ads between posts
Jun 17, 2012, 08:29 PM
NorCal Prop Buster
I have a bass wood deck inside mine that the Velcro attaches to.
The trick I found for Velcro onto foam, is to rough up the foam and poke small tooth pick sized holes into the area. Then use your glue of choice. I use 5 min epoxy. I use this method for Velcro straps.

Blu
Jun 17, 2012, 08:31 PM
I will do it all eventually
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
Attachment 4944530Attachment 4944531
My funcub uses the Himax tuning motor, 13x4 prop. I had to use the metal motor mount too, because of excessive vibrations. That solved the problem in one go, and it flies like a charm. .
where can we get these metal motor mounts? I have a vibration that looks like its gonna rip the nose off. I can't go over 60% on the throttle, but I got her in the air a couple times anyhow. I did get the prop balanced today. It wasn't too far off to begin with.
Jun 17, 2012, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Gonyea View Post
Can I get some quick help on the flap setup? I just have a six channel receiver at the moment. I put the ailerons on a y cable to the aileron Channel and one flap servo to gear and the other to aux. Can I mix aux to the gear channel (DX7)? Would it be better to put the Y on the flaps? I should be able to switch the pins at the end of the Y to get the flaps to work together? Been searching without much luck. Hoping to get the flaps working for some flights if the wind calms down a little this evening. Thanks!
I put my flaps on the flaps channel and used a reversing "y". Worked like a charm and only used one channel. No fussing with the mixing then.
Jun 17, 2012, 09:00 PM
Big Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronb View Post
I put my flaps on the flaps channel and used a reversing "y". Worked like a charm and only used one channel. No fussing with the mixing then.
Be aware that the reversing Y can cause big issues with the spektrim radios
Jun 17, 2012, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTF Thumper View Post
Yikes, what happens?
Jun 17, 2012, 09:36 PM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronb View Post
Yikes, what happens?
see this post and follow link

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=11084
Jun 17, 2012, 09:59 PM
Smooth not Shaky
Quote:
Originally Posted by B dog View Post
Good call Eflapper, I'll look into a separate switching BEC to run my new Hitec 2-HS-82MGs' and 4 HS-55s'. I just bought these servos at the LHS along with the power kit per the shop owners recommdations. Any reservations about these servos?
TIA,
Brian
None with the 82MG's, I use the 55's on some lighter models but think the 81's are a better choice for the FC.

Dick
Jun 17, 2012, 10:09 PM
Smooth not Shaky
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTF Thumper View Post
Hey guys, I contacted Spectrum a while back and posted an inquiry on this issue. My question: is there a reversing "Y" lead that can be used with Spectrum radios and receivers? The answer from Spectrum is YES. Use a EXRA325 supplied from Horizon Hobby.

Dick
Jun 17, 2012, 10:38 PM
This is BAT country!
From my quick research the problem is amplified y harness causing a voltage drop as they heat up. This can result in a brown out. I got my fun cub second hand and have been less than pleased with the "stock" motor. 13x4 does not have the vertical I hoped for. I am using an 3s E flight 30c 2200 pack. My first flight were way nose heavy as I did not read the cg location. Gave it a quick finger balance and flew it. The lack of elevator authority on approach was lacking but it flew fine. Ripped the gear off as the landing gear plate was not glued in the best, plus I clipped some corn stubble. I used some ca and made some baking soda fillets around the outside. I am looking at the articulated gear. I am curious as to how they perform and if they are worth the added weight? They are pricey as well.
I am hoping I can just mix the other flap servo for now. I intend to pick up a 7 Chanel receiver so I can have full length aileron, flaperon, flaps. Crow would be fun to but it seems to not work well with th DX7 as it requires to many mixes. I am not much of a programming guru but I am going to try to make this work for now.
Jun 17, 2012, 10:45 PM

Funcub Whacks Tree

Here you go. Nothing but the takeoff and then the crash, again, and again. Enjoy. It's all repaired.

6-17-12 Funcub Whacks Tree (1 min 30 sec)
Jun 17, 2012, 10:53 PM
This is BAT country!
LMAO! Great vid sorry about the crash though.
Jun 17, 2012, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Gonyea View Post
LMAO! Great vid sorry about the crash though.
Glad you enjoyed it. It was funny to me too. Love foam planes. Medium CA and kicker and it's good as new.
Jun 17, 2012, 11:05 PM
This is BAT country!
Made me smile for sure. Hopefully the wind is more mellow tomorrow. It was a bit gusty today. I had a crash just like that in a smaller area with my UMX carbon cub. It came out unscathed though. Looking forward to trying out the flaps tomorrow,
Jun 17, 2012, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFlapper View Post
Use a EXRA325 supplied from Horizon Hobby.

Dick
Whew, that's the one I'm using.

Quick Reply