Mar 26, 2012, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by comelit79
hi,
i'm intresting to scorpion brushless for my funcub. but i'm very undecided..
in your opinion what is best for funcub among them?

Scorpion SII 3020-1110Kv
Scorpion SII 3026-710Kv
Scoprion SII 2036-890Kv ??

Thank You,
Fabio
I am flying the SII 3014-830 giving me more than enough power. Hovers around 1/2 throttle. Plenty quick too. It's not quite as heavy as the other SII you mentioned.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 26, 2012, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer
I thought my FC was a little plain and common so I fixed her up a little with a little SF NFL treatment.
Blu
I hope the plane don't crash and burn like the your team.
Mar 26, 2012, 05:55 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxandrews1
I hope the plane don't crash and burn like the your team.
Ouch!
Mar 26, 2012, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchone, Jake
does anyone have a spare stock main gear mount they'd sell me? Mine broke and I dont really wan to spend $30 for a new gear set just to get the one piece
You can have mine just PM me with your address

Jim R
Mar 27, 2012, 12:17 AM
Okay guys, this plane seems to have everything I want Ė ailerons, flaps, power, toughness, slowness (desirable to me), huge-ass wheels for grass, decent price, and easy to fly.

Iím totally comfy with my 3-channel Champ in wind and tight quarters, and Iíve been learning how to ďflyĒ all kinds of aileron equipped planes on the Phoenix flight simulator. So Iím ready. I want this plane and I know Iíll grow a lot with it.

Of course when I get the airframe, Iíll need to buy more components to make it ready to fly.
- Will either of my 3.7V LiPo chargers work?
- Is my Dx5 radio adequate, at least for now?
- What commonly available gadgets will I still need to get from my LHS make it ready to go?

I donít want to mod it too much for starters, but I donít want to buy mediocre parts that Iíll need to upgrade in a few weeks, either.

Any specific general warnings I should heed? Must-have gadgetry? Brands to avoid? Battery size/cost?

Thanks in advance for any and all helpful advice.
Mar 27, 2012, 01:48 AM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
This is why we probably need a bible ...

Your 3.7volt chargers won't charge a 3s battery.

Your dx5e will fly the plane

search the thread for your other answers - there is a wide variety of options and everyone has their own specific ideas - you are best to formulate your own -

multiplex do make all the stuff you need and the 'stock' setup works well from all reports.
Mar 27, 2012, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFlapper
This is a good setup, but a 13x7 prop will improve performance with unlimited vertical, the 12x6 will not go vertical.

use a 40 amp esc with an SBEC

Dick
in the end I think so too ...
like speed controller i use an Black Mantis ESC 60Amp Speed ​​Controller SBEC
Programmed by cards .. it's a bomb!
http://www.giantcod.co.uk/black-mant...-p-402907.html
i use this speed controllers installed on all my models to Freewing Including - Sukhoi Su-35 Flanker and 3D Sukhoi Su-47 Berkut
Mar 27, 2012, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dome78
I am flying the SII 3014-830 giving me more than enough power. Hovers around 1/2 throttle. Plenty quick too. It's not quite as heavy as the other SII you mentioned.
some data obtained with the watt meter?
Mar 27, 2012, 09:05 AM
Smooth not Shaky
[QUOTE=comelit79;21155099] i use an Black Mantis ESC 60Amp Speed ​​Controller SBEC Programmed by cards .. it's a bomb!

Even better! It's always better to use more than just enough and the ESC will run cool with power to spare. I am using a Turnigy dlux 55amp with SBEC on my Fun Cub.

Dick
Mar 27, 2012, 10:48 AM
[QUOTE=EFlapper;21155671]
Quote:
i use an Black Mantis ESC 60Amp Speed ​​Controller SBEC Programmed by cards .. it's a bomb!

Even better! It's always better to use more than just enough and the ESC will run cool with power to spare. I am using a Turnigy dlux 55amp with SBEC on my Fun Cub.

Dick
I agree fully ...
Mar 27, 2012, 11:50 AM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Product Spotlight - Multiplex Fun Cub on Floats (6 min 31 sec)
Mar 27, 2012, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dome78
with which props and lipo ??
Mar 27, 2012, 12:07 PM
[QUOTE=EFlapper;21155671]
Quote:
i use an Black Mantis ESC 60Amp Speed ​​Controller SBEC Programmed by cards .. it's a bomb!

Dick
You forgot what setup do you use?
Mar 27, 2012, 12:14 PM
WrongRudderR/C
Pretty good review, I would have liked to seen more aerobatic flying and STOL ROW work, but nice review of the recomended floats.

I still dont like them and as soon as I get mine flyable again with a new prop and gear im going to order the correct size floats from seaplanesupply.com, probably V's
Mar 27, 2012, 01:37 PM
Agricultural flyer
Just received my Fun Cub and done a bit of dry fitting to see how it all works. I don't like the exposed tubular spars. I'm thinking of covering them with balsa strip. Has anyone any other ideas? I assume this will not affect performance. Probably been answered in earlier posts. ;-)