Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Jun 11, 2011, 10:24 PM
I fly lawn darts with wings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy hanson
sorry -
picture was upside down-
I wish I could upvote you or something, this made me laugh out loud.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 11, 2011, 10:30 PM
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911tex
ajbaker: You do not need to video the weak tail wheel wire to prove your point. We believe you from your other video. As I mentioned above, call Multiplex and they will send you the correct wire. Nothing is perfect.....you nor I nor the F/C. I have a $2k sailplane which is almost perfection. Note, "almost". Lordy, your $100 F/C is a good as it can be expected......the competition is hopeless compared to the F/C. I guess that is why there are over 6000 posts on this thread. Amazing.
Thank you. My intention was to video document the exact area of the problem for future use by newcomers to the FC that might have a problem with their LG. Then, other folks can link to that video and ask "Does yours bend this easily?". That is the reason for the video. Not proof of anything. Just a reference for others to compare. Again, thanks for your feedback.
AJ
P.S. Now you have piqued my interest. What on earth could be wrong with a $2k sailplane that rendered it "almost perfection"? Please PM me if you would, it is pretty much way OT for me. TIA
Jun 11, 2011, 10:31 PM
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbreslin
I wish I could upvote you or something, this made me laugh out loud.
You can - Sort of. See next post.
AJ
Jun 11, 2011, 10:31 PM
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy hanson
sorry -
picture was upside down-
+1 - lol.
Aj
Jun 11, 2011, 10:33 PM
I fly lawn darts with wings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker
+1 - LOL.
Aj
I'm not that new, you know what I meant. My comment pretty much was a +1.


P.S. You ignored my offer in the bixler thread, go read.
Jun 11, 2011, 11:08 PM
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbreslin
I'm not that new, you know what I meant. My comment pretty much was a +1.


P.S. You ignored my offer in the bixler thread, go read.
Sorry, I am on my over there to read it. I shall return.
AJ
Jun 11, 2011, 11:12 PM
Registered User
Prof100's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy hanson
sorry -
picture was upside down-
That was good.
Jun 11, 2011, 11:16 PM
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbreslin
`
1. I'm not that new, you know what I meant. My comment pretty much was a +1.


2. P.S. You ignored my offer in the bixler thread, go read.
1. Yes. I messed up the communication. Sorry. My bad.
2. Too far off topic for here. See PM.
AJ
Jun 11, 2011, 11:26 PM
Ozzie Express wiggy pilot
SON OF PALEFACE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy hanson
sorry -
picture was upside down-
Wadaya meen.....we have lots of those down under ...

Ian..
Jun 12, 2011, 01:44 AM
Registered User
mavlo77's Avatar
Ok, here the promised video with MANY landings and starts. It was FUN!

Setup 1000 kV, wooden 13x6 prop, rest is stock.

No signs of overpower. Actually I could fly 15 minutes on a 2200 mAh, and battery was not even warm. However, I feel a 13x4 prop would be better next time.

Funcub take-off and landing compilation (7 min 33 sec)


My conclusion is that you can safely use 13" prop with my standard Funcub, as long as you do the landings carefully.
Jun 12, 2011, 02:07 AM
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavlo77
Ok, here the promised video with MANY landings and starts. It was FUN!

Setup 1000 kV, wooden 13x6 prop, rest is stock.

No signs of overpower. Actually I could fly 15 minutes on a 2200 mAh, and battery was not even warm. However, I feel a 13x4 prop would be better next time.

My conclusion is that you can safely use 13" prop with my standard Funcub, as long as you do the landings carefully.
Wow. Nicely done. Your landings are very consistent and very smooth. Well done. But, the most impressive thing that I saw was what I didn't "see" which was the time that you put into editing that video(s?). How long was the complete raw movie before editing? That seems like it would have taken a LONG time to edit. I'll bet you didn't bend the tail wheel wire one bit.
AJ
Jun 12, 2011, 02:54 AM
Registered User
mavlo77's Avatar
Thanks AJ. BTW, on the on-board shots some landings are with flaps and some without. Quite a difference. Without flaps you can do nice flaring until all energy is gone and smoothly touch the grass at some speed with tailwheel still up. With full flaps you need to use the throttle to keep the energy. The slowest landings are made by near stall a ft or so above the ground and at the last moment pulsating a bit with the throttle, just enough to get the nose up (good example @5:30, but also @4:00 you can see and hear the throttle response just before touch down). The latter way is the most challenging one as if you are too late with the throttle (or not use enough throttle), you get a nose dive.

RAW footage is more than an hour. Don't know how long the editing was (I did it while doing other things). But yes, it took a while to go through all the material and cut out all the footage without a funcub in the frame .
Jun 12, 2011, 03:13 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
Gerry__'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by baker
BTW-As many of you suggested, I am now certain that I just got a defective tail wheel wire. I am going to take a video of me bending that wire so everyone can see how easily it bends.
AJ
Baker, yes, sounds like it's a dud.
Last edited by Gerry__; Jun 22, 2011 at 02:05 AM.
Jun 12, 2011, 03:34 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavlo77
A little climb on full power is quite normal. But is it because of the power or because of the airspeed?
Another cause could be increased prop wash over the wings. Full size, you'd expect to climb if you increase power, and would re-trim if you wanted to maintain level flight.
Jun 12, 2011, 03:50 AM
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar

I don't plan on doing THAT MUCH editing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mavlo77
RAW footage is more than an hour. Don't know how long the editing was (I did it while doing other things). But yes, it took a while to go through all the material and cut out all the footage without a funcub in the frame .
My mods are just about finished. I need to remount the elevator and it is ready to go. I will take some videos on-board and ground level and see if I can get just one landing that is as good as any of yours.
BTW-The sounds at 4:00 are not nearly as clear as the sounds at 5:30. But, I see what you mean about throttle mgmt. With flaps, it is more touchy than none. What is odd is that I can do that with any other flaps plane that I have. But, this one challenges me (especially after seeing yours). Ah well. Stay tuned - Same bat time - Same Bat channel for more updates on the adventures of the FC.
AJ


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Fun Cub sinowace Hitec/Multiplex USA 14 Oct 09, 2011 04:43 PM
Discussion Multiplex Fun Jet at the lake bah7566 FPV Talk 31 Jan 03, 2010 09:19 AM
For Sale Multiplex Fun Jet -- PRICE DROP Toby W Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Dec 28, 2009 09:51 AM
Video Multiplex Fun Jet FPV set up test bah7566 Electric Plane Talk 0 Dec 25, 2009 10:05 PM
Wanted multiplex fun-jet or trade! heli123 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Nov 14, 2009 11:02 AM