Thread Tools
Old May 25, 2011, 03:52 AM
ajbaker is offline
Find More Posts by ajbaker
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar

Flight plan - Pre Maiden


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparken57 View Post
I got this one awhile back I think its the same thing
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-RC-Timer-Bat...item2a0ef3ec9e 3 bucks less.
I already have two watt meters. I have a WattsUP that I carry in my car and a Turnigy Watt Meter that I have on my workbench. I guess I'll have one now for my other workbench in the little garage. Tomorrow, I am going to get the #'s on my Fun Cub. It is 98% or so done at this time. I just need to build a battery box, apply the decals, and set the CG (80mm from LE) and balance the prop. I will post the #'s when I have them - Tomorrow hopefully. No flying - Rain most of the day. Here is the configuration, so far.
35-36C 1000Kv Turnigy
10x6 prop (I have everything else except a 10x5 - which was recommended)
2300mah 3S1P 25C LiPo Korean
40A HobbyWing ESC (switchmode)
AUW 37.9oz.
AJ
Anyone - Does the RCTimer Watt Meter Hold the readings - like Vm Ap Wp and mah consumed after a flight? I read a few places on the specs of it and it does not appear that the holds those readings. Hence, the question.
Last edited by ajbaker; May 25, 2011 at 04:00 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2011, 04:13 AM
aesmith is offline
Find More Posts by aesmith
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
I use ailerons and elevator in my right hand. All the secondary functions are handled by switches. So, I am not clear on your problem. Since I rarely use the rudder, can that meet your needs if you do the same thing?
Not really a problem, its just that I'd like the flap controls on the left hand side and the restricted/buggy programming of my transmitter makes that difficult to set up.
Old May 25, 2011, 12:14 PM
ajbaker is offline
Find More Posts by ajbaker
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar

Contols Management


Quote:
Originally Posted by aesmith View Post
Not really a problem, its just that I'd like the flap controls on the left hand side and the restricted/buggy programming of my transmitter makes that difficult to set up.
Ah. Got it. It all makes sense now. Thanks.
AJ
Old May 25, 2011, 07:26 PM
aarongreen123 is offline
Find More Posts by aarongreen123
Registered User

first flight


maiden'd the fun cub tonight! it flew great, no mishaps. was a bit windy so it was hard to tell, but i think i may need to add a new mix....when banking the tail seems to fall to the low side a little more than i am comfortable with. does this have to do with being tail heavy potentially? or is there something i can do with a mix to counteract that, or is that just an inherant trait? the planed pulled slightly to the right, seemed to want to climb quite a bit too. like i said it was pretty windy so some of it was tough to tell, but all in all a good first flight! thanks for all your help so far!
Old May 25, 2011, 07:48 PM
mbreslin is offline
Find More Posts by mbreslin
I fly lawn darts with wings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarongreen123 View Post
when banking the tail seems to fall to the low side...seemed to want to climb quite a bit too
Sounds like you answered your own question! Try batt forward and see. I'm jealous I can't wait to fly mine! It's here Friday hopefully built and maiden'd by the end of memorial weekend.

Old May 25, 2011, 09:17 PM
A Rdnek is online now
Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Bruno, GOOD DOG
A Rdnek's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuznWeakEyes View Post
So Ron, you're really only 39, have had your DX7 for awhile and, that's why you only look 65, eh? hehe.....

Cuzn

Cuzn, Some of that is very close.
I am getting a DX 8, that will teach em.
Ron
Old May 25, 2011, 09:31 PM
mbreslin is offline
Find More Posts by mbreslin
I fly lawn darts with wings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rdnek View Post
Cuzn, Some of that is very close.
I am getting a DX 8, that will teach em.
Ron
WARNING: Be careful of the DX8 thread, it's a minefield.
Old May 25, 2011, 09:39 PM
A Rdnek is online now
Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Bruno, GOOD DOG
A Rdnek's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbreslin View Post
WARNING: Be careful of the DX8 thread, it's a minefield.
HUH???? What does that mean? I have skimmed some of that thread. I guess I missed the ugly part.
Ron
Old May 25, 2011, 09:43 PM
mxandrews1 is offline
Find More Posts by mxandrews1
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rdnek View Post
HUH???? What does that mean? I have skimmed some of that thread. I guess I missed the ugly part.
Ron
Well, you know what they say. Opinions are like ______ everyone's got one.
Old May 25, 2011, 09:49 PM
mbreslin is offline
Find More Posts by mbreslin
I fly lawn darts with wings.
There are some issues with some older receivers and some transmitters, nobody really knows how widespread it is. The back and forth about it from spektrum haters plus people who have legitimately lost planes plus people who seem likely to be pretending to have lost planes just to pile on spektrum has been pretty ugly indeed.

I was just trying to give a little warning. When I was looking into a new radio I stumbled into that mess and it nearly turned me off. I'm glad I didn't now, the DX8 is great and I can't wait to use all its goodies on the funcub.
Old May 25, 2011, 10:18 PM
A Rdnek is online now
Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Bruno, GOOD DOG
A Rdnek's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbreslin View Post
There are some issues with some older receivers and some transmitters, nobody really knows how widespread it is. The back and forth about it from spektrum haters plus people who have legitimately lost planes plus people who seem likely to be pretending to have lost planes just to pile on spektrum has been pretty ugly indeed.

I was just trying to give a little warning. When I was looking into a new radio I stumbled into that mess and it nearly turned me off. I'm glad I didn't now, the DX8 is great and I can't wait to use all its goodies on the funcub.

Oh yeah I have had problems with AR500s, I don't use them anymore. But I have never had a dimes worth of problems from Spektrum transmitters.
Besides I have a Futaba Super 8, which is the "last transmitter that you will ever need. A 9CAP which is the "last transmitter that you ever need". A DX7 which is the "last transmitter you will ever need". So now I need a DX8, I should be good to go for several lifetimes.
Cheap life insurance, you see.
Ron
Old May 25, 2011, 10:23 PM
mbreslin is offline
Find More Posts by mbreslin
I fly lawn darts with wings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rdnek View Post
Oh yeah I have had problems with AR500s, I don't use them anymore. But I have never had a dimes worth of problems from Spektrum transmitters.
Besides I have a Futaba Super 8, which is the "last transmitter that you will ever need. A 9CAP which is the "last transmitter that you ever need". A DX7 which is the "last transmitter you will ever need". So now I need a DX8, I should be good to go for several lifetimes.
Cheap life insurance, you see.
Ron
That's why I got the DX8! It's all you'll ever need!

...

(unless you need more channels, or actual sailplane support, or lighter receivers, and on and on)
Old May 25, 2011, 10:51 PM
ids911 is offline
Find More Posts by ids911
ids911
ids911's Avatar
I switched from a DX7 to DX8 and have not looked back. Really like it and have had not issues with it. Will gladly share the setup file for the FunCub if anyone wants it
Ian
Old May 25, 2011, 10:55 PM
UpnDown is offline
Find More Posts by UpnDown
Registered User

Flaps and motor thrust ? ?


Question 1

I now have my flaps working but how should they be set?
At full deflection, should they be straight down - 90 degrees to the wing? And half that at the first step?
Neither the Fun Cub manual nor the DX7 manual bothers to explain this.

Question 2

The FC manual says that when the motor adjusting screws
are "flush" there will be maximum side thrust and no down thrust.

I find just the opposite - downthrust but no side thrust.

Which one of us is confused?
Old May 25, 2011, 10:56 PM
mbreslin is offline
Find More Posts by mbreslin
I fly lawn darts with wings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ids911 View Post
I switched from a DX7 to DX8 and have not looked back. Really like it and have had not issues with it. Will gladly share the setup file for the FunCub if anyone wants it
Ian
I will have her up on blocks for awhile setting up the radio so I won't take your file as I see this as a chance to really figure out the radio. I am interested in some of your settings though, expo, differential, etc?

Thanks!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Fun Cub sinowace Hitec/Multiplex USA 14 Oct 09, 2011 05:43 PM
Discussion Multiplex Fun Jet at the lake bah7566 FPV Talk 31 Jan 03, 2010 10:19 AM
For Sale Multiplex Fun Jet -- PRICE DROP Toby W Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Dec 28, 2009 10:51 AM
Video Multiplex Fun Jet FPV set up test bah7566 Electric Plane Talk 0 Dec 25, 2009 11:05 PM
Wanted multiplex fun-jet or trade! heli123 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Nov 14, 2009 12:02 PM