Feb 23, 2011, 12:32 AM

What Prop to run?

Running a Hyperion ZS3014-14 and a ice 50, what prop should I be running?

Starting out on a 12x6 but Bob recommended a 13x4 so I have two of those on the way, Could I go to a bigger prop or more pitch?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2011, 03:22 AM
can't wait to retire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser
My rudder mod......Why make it difficult?
Scrap piece of push rod tube glued into rudder.
thanks, thought of that but guessed it may just rip out the side of the foam if there was an inicident so just thought while I have 2 pliers in my hand I will offset the load to the well glued control arm.

I'm thinking factory instructions are based around a machines limitations as time is money......

Almost ready for a dry C-G test. Will mount the tail servos in the boom before adding lead. Have noticed there is a huge difference in performane/amps between my cheap battery and the flight power which also weights a lot less for the same mhr so will do some tests of a 40amp psu first.
Last edited by hobidude; Feb 23, 2011 at 05:41 AM.
Feb 23, 2011, 07:10 AM
PSALM 14:1
Quote:
I used a scrap piece of c/fiber tube on mine. I assumed everyone already knew to do this
Feb 23, 2011, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70
I used a scrap piece of c/fiber tube on mine. I assumed everyone already knew to do this
Sammy70,

That's far too smug of a statement.

Now I really feel like sheep in the herd blindly following the instructions.

Bill
Feb 23, 2011, 07:57 AM
I think it'll work this time!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70
And what Kv is your 35-42 motor?

A 9x4 prop is not something I'd have on a 35-42 1000 or 1100kv motor....

I'm planning to use a turnigy 3536c 1100kv motor, 40 amp esc and 12x6e prop, and 3S lipo on my FC.

How does this setup sound for the FC?

Bob
Feb 23, 2011, 08:05 AM
Sounds like fun!
Feb 23, 2011, 08:05 AM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100
Sammy70,

That's far too smug of a statement.

Now I really feel like sheep in the herd blindly following the instructions.

Bill
Until I read and saw the alternatives that is exactly what I would have done baa
Feb 23, 2011, 11:30 AM
I've flown my funcub! OMG it's just a good plane !
But because my lipo was running out i've made a landing on a field with lot's af gaps in it, and my landinggeat bend

Allright, it's straight now, and i flown it again, no problems at al

But has anyone made reinforcements to the landingear ? Have you got some pics of that ?

Greetz
Feb 23, 2011, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Very nice!
Feb 23, 2011, 02:11 PM
Here is a new video of me flying my son's fun cub.
Axi motor,
54 amp esc (hobbywing)
2100mah lipo 3 cell.
multiplex fun cub fun flying (5 min 26 sec)
Feb 23, 2011, 02:43 PM
jeff reeves: Beautiful flight; your son must have been chomping at the bit, and hoping you would not hurt his airplane! Couldn't you find a modest road for a runway? I have seen rock quarry pits with less obstructions than what you had. Even a 1" x 12" x 30" board would be better. Your (your sons) Cub took off it seemed in less than 24"! That is what I call quality time with father and son! That was the best part.......
Feb 23, 2011, 02:53 PM
Thank you,
We have a park we fly at that is only 1 mile away and a big rock quarry that is a 1/4 mile away but that is in our back yard and we flew there on purpose to see how tight of an area we could actually fly this plane at. This plane is absolutely amazing in every way from beginners to experts and IMHO almost every rc enthusiast should own one.
J
Feb 23, 2011, 08:50 PM
Here is another vid of my son flying his plane in the park that is about 1 mile from our house.
J
Hunter flying his fun cub (4 min 6 sec)
Feb 24, 2011, 10:53 AM
Great video! If I could fly half as good as your kid I would be doing good )
Feb 24, 2011, 10:56 AM
Card Carrying Old Fart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100
I guess I am just a lemming.
Building the Funcub reminds me of working on a Porsche 911 I used to own. There were far too many "offset bends" in that car.
A friend once agreed to overhaul a old Jag XKE. Supposedly the owner had to purchase a special set of expensive tools. Many of the tools were made to fit one bolt in a goofy location.

Quick Reply